Il suo un grande giorno per essere un Laker 2019 - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Il suo un grande giorno per essere un Laker 2019 - 2020

Nice weekend,we looked like we wanted it both games,special teams did well and netminding came thru last night after a soft 1st goal Killer K stuff 'em on a breakaway,big stop..would like to see us cover better IFO the net more body on body less puck watching.Gillespie and Dicarlo with big weekend,Novack with a pair last night...I am looking for a 180 from the last Genny game...The team should be ready this week,and I would imagine the crowd will be rockin…

Comment

We just got home from the North Country. It felt good to watch a Laker team take down the Cardinals on their ice. Plattsburgh is dangerous at home, they have always been that.
      The four things we took from this game was1. Gillespie played the best game he has played all year, senior help needed. 2 Young Koskozski was very good slamming the door shut3 . Our PK, 5 on 3 was great , many blocked shots . 4. The REFS. At best they were a toxic mix. Those two refs together are not good. I'm trying to be kind. They could not keep up with the speed of the game. They could not make a collective decision if it was an icing or off side. The third period clearly showed their inability to control the game. Coach Moffat called a timeout earlier in the game and later in the third period he called the entire on the ice to the bench for over a minute . There were many unsatified viewers from Oswego , let's say voicing their opinion that it should be a delay of game and a two minute penalty. Neither ref wanted to stop this and as a result they actually had two time outs. I actually observed horrible calls on Plattsburgh also. I have spoken of this earlier this and many other people totally agree that these D3 Refs are not good

Comment

Entire team

Comment

I shoul add that Saturday at Potsdam both refs did a good job

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
            We just got home from the North Country. It felt good to watch a Laker team take down the Cardinals on their ice. Plattsburgh is dangerous at home, they have always been that.
            The four things we took from this game was1. Gillespie played the best game he has played all year, senior help needed. 2 Young Koskozski was very good slamming the door shut3 . Our PK, 5 on 3 was great , many blocked shots . 4. The REFS. At best they were a toxic mix. Those two refs together are not good. I'm trying to be kind. They could not keep up with the speed of the game. They could not make a collective decision if it was an icing or off side. The third period clearly showed their inability to control the game. Coach Moffat called a timeout earlier in the game and later in the third period he called the entire on the ice to the bench for over a minute . There were many unsatified viewers from Oswego , let's say voicing their opinion that it should be a delay of game and a two minute penalty. Neither ref wanted to stop this and as a result they actually had two time outs. I actually observed horrible calls on Plattsburgh also. I have spoken of this earlier this and many other people totally agree that these D3 Refs are not good
            Well said 55 my feelings as well,the refs missed a bunch and seemed to have no idea at times...nuff said,its a problem we cant seem to get right.Buckle up for Friday night should be a good one.

Comment

• As bad as Joel Dupree can be he, is a HUGE improvement on some of the refs this year. No Broughman this weekend hope he is back this weekend. Dicarlo has been rolling since he has started playing. Young blades on the ice is a good thing right now.
              Oswego'88

Comment

Travis has been home with his family...his brother died in a car crash a week ago (on the anniversary of his dad’s death.)

https://wtvr.com/2020/01/27/glenn-br...-iii-obit/amp/

His teammates have rallied around him as you would expect.
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I cannot believe I could say this, but Joel Dupree would be an improvement this year.
                  Maybe your not aware, but RraviscBroughman's brother Trey was killed in an auto accident last Sunday night. We know he is taking this extremely hard

Comment

This is not about Hockey, but you might find this a little humorous. At the Potsdam game last night we had the luxury of listening to Potsdam's Crane Music orcestra . They were spectacular. In between the second and third I wandered down to the section where the orchestra was set up. I believe I was speaking to the Conductor when I congratulated him on the great sound of the band. As I was walking away a gentleman approached me and asked me if I liked Thea band , I said I did. He and another fellow then prodded to tell me that they are a pain in the neck, they take up all these seats and we cannot see over their tuba's . It actually was pretty funny when you consider you cannot please everybody

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                      This is not about Hockey, but you might find this a little humorous. At the Potsdam game last night we had the luxury of listening to Potsdam's Crane Music orcestra . They were spectacular. In between the second and third I wandered down to the section where the orchestra was set up. I believe I was speaking to the Conductor when I congratulated him on the great sound of the band. As I was walking away a gentleman approached me and asked me if I liked Thea band , I said I did. He and another fellow then prodded to tell me that they are a pain in the neck, they take up all these seats and we cannot see over their tuba's . It actually was pretty funny when you consider you cannot please everybody
                      Don't we all know that....I did see them on the video as well playing btwn whistles.

Comment

With all due respect to Oswego, as Bill Parcells once said "You are what your record says your are..." when you are in the top 25 (basically top 20) you're not getting any sympathy from the reffs.

Now having said that I couldnt agree more that reffing at EVERY level has diminished. Just for a few examples even at the local youth higher elite level we had a reff just the other day follow our 11 year old to the bench and begin to scold him for slashing a player behind the legs. A penalty? Sure. Do I allow refs to talk to my players about plays on the ice? Sure. But here is where it turns...following the lecture the 11 year old, being 11, chuckled. The reff came at him with "that's not funny". That players next shift he was hit trying to exit his zone with the puck....yet was given a penalty for body checking ... total personal vendetta.

The following week we were in Buffalo playing another top 5 team in the state, one of our smallest players (all 60lbs of him) was leveled in the corner contact to the head. As he layed on the ice and the play went back up the ice we saw the reff head towards our down player (play still going on up the ice). He skates away from the injured player like he wasnt even there, waves to the people standing on the glass...laughs and gives a thumbs up to them. When we asked the reff basically "***" we were given a bench minor. So it was okay to give a thumbs up to the crowd but dont ask a question on a missed call.

I refer for several years...all be it on the youth level, and I dont expect a reff to see everything. What I cant stand is being out of position and missing a call... or being obviously inconsistent. Or when you allow the obvious potential injury penalties but then call the ticky tack
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          With all due respect to Oswego, as Bill Parcells once said "You are what your record says your are..." when you are in the top 25 (basically top 20) you're not getting any sympathy from the reffs.

Now having said that I couldnt agree more that reffing at EVERY level has diminished. Just for a few examples even at the local youth higher elite level we had a reff just the other day follow our 11 year old to the bench and begin to scold him for slashing a player behind the legs. A penalty? Sure. Do I allow refs to talk to my players about plays on the ice? Sure. But here is where it turns...following the lecture the 11 year old, being 11, chuckled. The reff came at him with "that's not funny". That players next shift he was hit trying to exit his zone with the puck....yet was given a penalty for body checking ... total personal vendetta.

The following week we were in Buffalo playing another top 5 team in the state, one of our smallest players (all 60lbs of him) was leveled in the corner contact to the head. As he layed on the ice and the play went back up the ice we saw the reff head towards our down player (play still going on up the ice). He skates away from the injured player like he wasnt even there, waves to the people standing on the glass...laughs and gives a thumbs up to them. When we asked the reff basically "***" we were given a bench minor. So it was okay to give a thumbs up to the crowd but dont ask a question on a missed call.

I refer for several years...all be it on the youth level, and I dont expect a reff to see everything. What I cant stand is being out of position and missing a call... or being obviously inconsistent. Or when you allow the obvious potential injury penalties but then call the ticky tack
                          Not sure sympathy from the refs is what Lakers fans are looking for?? You nailed it be consistent...and we all know where you can find sympathy

Comment

I think the officiating/refereeing/umpiring has gotten worse in all sports in recent years. They’re humans, not robots I guess. One can only hope that the good calls and the bad calls even out over the course of time for all teams involved. For every good call there is a bad call just waiting to be made. As long as humans are making the calls and not some type of high tech gadget, then there will be mistakes made. We just have to pray that the players decide the outcomes of the games and not the refs, umps, etc.

Comment

We are not looking for any sympathy on the ice, far from it. Our record is obviously not good, but that does not excuse bad officiating.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                                We are not looking for any sympathy on the ice, far from it. Our record is obviously not good, but that does not excuse bad officiating.
                                You obviously didnt get my point. When a team is averaging the amount of penalties/penalty minutes per game, it's not JUST horrible officiating. Yes, officiating has become worse, but sometimes one can only look in the mirror. If we were talking about a team who was Top 5 in LEAST penalty minutes per game, you might have a more valid point. When your team is in the Top 25 in penalty minutes, the argument of "bad officiating" has less merit. And yes I say the same thing about Plattsburgh. They've become very undisciplined in the few games I have been able to watch. When I said sympathy it was more geared to the fact that refs are not going to let things slide (as much) for a team who is in the top 25 in penalty minutes compared to a team in the Top 25 fewest penalty minutes. As I said, when you're averaging the amount of penalty minutes Oswego is (and Plattsburgh for that matter) you should probably look in the mirror first before pointing a finger at the refs. And believe me, you Laker fans are nothing compared to the whinning I've seen from Cardinal fans this year about blown calls, no goals, blah blah blah...
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X