Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Sounds like neither of them will be playing this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
      Bummer. Hoping for the best for those 2. On the bright side, it's an opportunity for others to step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        Not surprising. Even if they were 80% I'd keep them out. We shouldn't need either of them to sweep uaa. Give them both as much time as needed
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
          Yeah, not even risking bringing them to Alaska.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Anyone have some insider knowledge as to whether they will try to have a men's game outdoors next year for hockey day Minnesota? It would be a shame if they didn't because its a 1 time opportunity and the Mankato hockey association is trying to build more ice. Since hockey day proceeds help with that. Seems to be you would want to generate as much revenue as possible. A MSU UMD outdoor game would be a sellout even if tickets we 30/40 bucks.
            I'm hoping for it but I'm expectingb some garbage will happen to stop it
            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
              Anyone have some insider knowledge as to whether they will try to have a men's game outdoors next year for hockey day Minnesota? It would be a shame if they didn't because its a 1 time opportunity and the Mankato hockey association is trying to build more ice. Since hockey day proceeds help with that. Seems to be you would want to generate as much revenue as possible. A MSU UMD outdoor game would be a sellout even if tickets we 30/40 bucks.
              I'm not a Minnesotan, so perhaps I'm of less hardy stock than the rest of you, but a couple years ago when Hockey Day was in St. Cloud, I enjoyed the outdoor stuff and a high school and D1 women's game, but by the time the men's game came around, I was more than happy to go inside and watch the Mavs and Huskies. If the setup is the same next year, that's good by me!

Comment

Anyone have some insider knowledge as to whether they will try to have a men's game outdoors next year for hockey day Minnesota? It would be a shame if they didn't because its a 1 time opportunity and the Mankato hockey association is trying to build more ice. Since hockey day proceeds help with that. Seems to be you would want to generate as much revenue as possible. A MSU UMD outdoor game would be a sellout even if tickets we 30/40 bucks.
                As a season-ticket holder, I hope not. I have no particular desire to sit outside on bleachers, freezing my butt off, instead of my regular seats at the Civic Center.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                  As a season-ticket holder, I hope not. I have no particular desire to sit outside on bleachers, freezing my butt off, instead of my regular seats at the Civic Center.
                  I get it but I see this is also a 1 time opportunity. What would generate more visitors a men's outdoor game or women's. Pick the right opponent such as UMD and you'd fill the Blake. Plus I imagine you'd see a much bigger student participation for a men's game. A 1 time outdoor game I'll manage the weather and cold!

Comment

Last year Bemidji played Tech on Friday night. The temp was 15-20 below at game time. Although it wasn't part of the actual HDM it was an experience I believe the players and fans both agree was worth participating in. Cross your fingers and hope they can do something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                      From what I know, the women will almost certainly be playing outdoors, however Coach Hastings does not want to play a meaningful game outdoors. It sounds like it is definitely being explored, however from what I know, I’d be more surprised than not to see the men play outdoors. I’ve heard Minnesota, Bemidji State, and North Dakota as potential opponents if they play outdoors.
                      AF 99

Comment

It’s too bad the bye isn’t this weekend rather than next, as the Mavs are struggling to shake the injury bug. It should be interesting to see if they can get some depth through the middle of the line up back this weekend.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          It’s too bad the bye isn’t this weekend rather than next, as the Mavs are struggling to shake the injury bug. It should be interesting to see if they can get some depth through the middle of the line up back this weekend.
                          It is hitting all at once. Since French was almost able to play Saturday, I'm assuming he'll be good by this weekend, but taking on Northern without Michaelis, Jaremko, Napravnik and Sowder is a significant hill to climb.

I'm assuming no supplemental discipline for Van Os-Shaw or Duehr?
                          Last edited by purpleinnebraska; 02-03-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            It is hitting all at once. Since French was almost able to play Saturday, I'm assuming he'll be good by this weekend, but taking on Northern without Michaelis, Jaremko, Napravnik and Sowder is a significant hill to climb.

I'm assuming no supplemental discipline for Van Os-Shaw or Duehr?
                            On the plus side, so long as none of these are season ending injuries, this should really help the depth guys develop and be battle tested come end of March — if they can grind through this adversity, that experience should bode well when it matters most.
                            AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              From what I know, the women will almost certainly be playing outdoors, however Coach Hastings does not want to play a meaningful game outdoors. It sounds like it is definitely being explored, however from what I know, I’d be more surprised than not to see the men play outdoors. I’ve heard Minnesota, Bemidji State, and North Dakota as potential opponents if they play outdoors.
                              I get it. It's definitely more of a fan experience desire. Too bad they can't just scrimmage the U18 team.

If feel a lot better about injuries if we could lock up the wcha title but bemidji isn't going to make this easy

Comment

Mav fans. Need some help. Going to the Mavs N Michigan game with 25 people--Saturday game. Haven't been to a Maverick game before. Where would be a good place to drink, grab a burger and enjoy the environment for 20 people? Would like a place close to rink--five block or less walk. Or if you have to drive and park at rink that is ok as well. Really appreciate suggestions. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X