Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

What a sweep for the Mavs. That third period and OT was fantastic to see — having resolve like that on the road, in a tough environment, down a key cog.. that’s the kind of game an elite team wins.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Complete change of subject here. I'm doing some decorating of the man cave and would like to hang up the commemorative banners. However, I'm missing 3 of them. We've searched high and low through our house and cant find either of the 2015 banners or the 2018 conference championship (the black one). Does anyone have extras that I may be able to buy?
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Regarding polls and pairwise, does anybody know why Cornell has played so few games compared to everyone else?
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
          Complete change of subject here. I'm doing some decorating of the man cave and would like to hang up the commemorative banners. However, I'm missing 3 of them. We've searched high and low through our house and cant find either of the 2015 banners or the 2018 conference championship (the black one). Does anyone have extras that I may be able to buy?
          The ones I've gotten I've given to my grandkids.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            Regarding polls and pairwise, does anybody know why Cornell has played so few games compared to everyone else?
            Excerpt from a Christopher Boulay article years back.

The six Ivy League teams that play in the ECAC are Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton and Yale. Dating back to the recommendations in the Parry-Ryan report in 1980, the leaders of the eight Ivy League schools — including non-men’s-hockey institutions Columbia and Pennsylvania — agreed to deemphasize athletics in favor of prioritizing academics. The guidelines have been revised multiple times in the years since, both clarifying and making the restrictions more stringent.

These schools not only are unable to provide scholarships, recruit or have as many paid staff members like their six ECAC partners — or the rest of NCAA Division I college hockey — but are also significantly restricted by the scheduling rules of the league. Ivy League hockey teams cannot start official practices until two weeks before their season starts. Teams will not only have to prepare in a shorter time, but also leave additional preparation up to their players through unofficial activities such as captain’s practices.

The Ivy League member schools cannot play more than 29 regular-season games, while the rest of Division I cannot exceed 34 games.

This has been a long-debated issue for Ivy-member hockey programs. It’s not a popular rule among coaches, players, or fans and personally I think it’s ludicrous.

Comment

9 goals on the weekend, by 8 different players! The only player with 2, Josh French, one of our top PK guys, and a hardworking defensive stalwart who hasn’t shown up a lot on the score sheet, but who exemplifies what Mav hockey is all about. Well done, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                The ones I've gotten I've given to my grandkids.
                Yeah, we got multiple from all those years and gave them to our kids. Now we can't find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                  Yeah, we got multiple from all those years and gave them to our kids. Now we can't find them.
                  I’m guessing if you called SportsPix they would be able to help you out here, FWIW. They made them, IIRC. May even be able to get them a little bigger than the ones they’ve handed out.
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    I’m guessing if you called SportsPix they would be able to help you out here, FWIW. They made them, IIRC. May even be able to get them a little bigger than the ones they’ve handed out.
                    I may have to go that route if I can't find anyone that's willing/able to part with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      I may have to go that route if I can't find anyone that's willing/able to part with them.
                      Hopefully there’s quite a few more to add come April...
                      AF 99

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Evan Foss, a freshman at MSU from White Bear Lake is the third goalie now. He won an open tryout that MSU held.
                        AF 99

Comment

Michaelis AND Jaremko out for this weekend? We're really testing the old "Next man up" cliché.

Comment

Michaelis looked to be on crutches still last weekend, FWIW.
                            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              Michaelis looked to be on crutches still last weekend, FWIW.

Wishing him the best on his recovery. Injuries are part of hockey, and we'll have to manage with whoever dresses, but boy, do I miss watching him play!

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                Wishing him the best on his recovery. Injuries are part of hockey, and we'll have to manage with whoever dresses, but boy, do I miss watching him play!
                                Getting Jaremko back in the lineup would help mitigate the loss, no doubt.

Frankly, if Michaelis doesn’t play until the NCAA tournament, that would be fine with me. Hope he can get healthy as soon as possible, however.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X