Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    MSU and Tech. Wow. Very conflicted over who to pull for this weekend. Sure do need you guys to drop some games but Tech is the closest thing we have to a rival in this league, there so there's that. I know where I'll be tuning Flo this weekend.

FWIW, out of 42 current entries in the WCHA Pick 'Em contest this week, MSU is picked to win 36-6 on Friday and 36-6 on Saturday. Three contestants are picking a Tech sweep. 33 contestants are picking a MSU sweep.
    I admire the optimism of those hoping for a road sweep, but we're 4-4-3 at Tech in the Hastings era, and the only sweep came in 14-15, when the two teams were playing as well as anyone in the country. I don't think we've scored more than 3 goals at Tech in that time, so expect more nail-biting this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      I admire the optimism of those hoping for a road sweep, but we're 4-4-3 at Tech in the Hastings era, and the only sweep came in 14-15, when the two teams were playing as well as anyone in the country. I don't think we've scored more than 3 goals at Tech in that time, so expect more nail-biting this weekend.
      I don't think you need to worry.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The focus should be there from puck drop on Friday night, thanks to the egg last Friday.

2 road wins would be huge here, need to get the train rolling in the right direction again.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good sweep on the road this weekend, good to see them win a couple of tight checking games.
          AF 99

Comment

Enjoy your trip! Bring home some points!
            And as you have probably heard, we even had room in the card for them.

Comment

I should always make that trip. My record at Michigan Tech is now 4-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                I should always make that trip. My record at Michigan Tech is now 4-0.
                With that kind of a record, the school should pay you to go!

Comment

Back in action, and at home to boot! Looking forward to a good series. UAA got whipped in their first game of the season, but they have been competitive in every game since then. They've been a bit of a surprise so far.

If everyone is healthy, it will be interesting to see what the lines will be. Should be fun!

Comment

UAA got whipped in their first game of the season, but they have been competitive in every game since then.
                    We just finished our 2-game set up there this past weekend; I miraculously stayed awake for both and they were a lot closer than the score would indicate. UAA is more than good enough to steal one if you're not looking.
                    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 11-21-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                      Fellow alum here – I currently live in the southwest corner of the twin cities and usually make it down to a game or two every year. The drive is fairly short to Mankato, really is just above an hour.

This year, I’d like to take my son (5 years old, his first hockey game) to a maverick hockey game in Mankato, hoping to go to one of the games either on this coming Saturday (11/23) or on 12/7. I’m not sure if it will just be me and my son, or my wife too. So we are still deciding between 2 or 3 tickets.

I wanted to ask an open question to those on this thread, are there any season ticket holders planning on not using their tickets and are interested in selling them to me for either of these games? Yes, there are tickets available via ticketmaster but I was hoping for something more in the 200 level. I thought maybe there are some season ticket holders out there who are looking to unload one of their upcoming games. If you are interesting in helping me out, feel free to message me and we can work out a deal: brandon05mn@gmail.com

I didn’t see too many other ticket sale/exchange time conversations here on this forum, but I don’t see any other place for it. If searching for tickets is against the rules, just let me know, I’ll take the post down.

Thank you, go Mavericks! Ole Ole Ole
                      -Brandon

Comment

Back in action, and at home to boot! Looking forward to a good series. UAA got whipped in their first game of the season, but they have been competitive in every game since then. They've been a bit of a surprise so far.

If everyone is healthy, it will be interesting to see what the lines will be. Should be fun!
                        No matter what happens, and this is quite obvious, but this is 100% a must sweep series.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by maverick2009 View Post
                          Hi Everyone,
                          Fellow alum here – I currently live in the southwest corner of the twin cities and usually make it down to a game or two every year. The drive is fairly short to Mankato, really is just above an hour.

This year, I’d like to take my son (5 years old, his first hockey game) to a maverick hockey game in Mankato, hoping to go to one of the games either on this coming Saturday (11/23) or on 12/7. I’m not sure if it will just be me and my son, or my wife too. So we are still deciding between 2 or 3 tickets.

I wanted to ask an open question to those on this thread, are there any season ticket holders planning on not using their tickets and are interested in selling them to me for either of these games? Yes, there are tickets available via ticketmaster but I was hoping for something more in the 200 level. I thought maybe there are some season ticket holders out there who are looking to unload one of their upcoming games. If you are interesting in helping me out, feel free to message me and we can work out a deal: brandon05mn@gmail.com

I didn’t see too many other ticket sale/exchange time conversations here on this forum, but I don’t see any other place for it. If searching for tickets is against the rules, just let me know, I’ll take the post down.

Thank you, go Mavericks! Ole Ole Ole
                          -Brandon
                          You may already be doing this but, craigslist usually has tickets for MAVS games. I would check in there.

Comment

Who's heading north this weekend? Pairwise implications could be huge, and a nice homecoming for Sandelin and Aamodt.

Comment

Who's heading north this weekend? Pairwise implications could be huge, and a nice homecoming for Sandelin and Aamodt.
                              I’ll be there Saturday, weather cooperating!
                              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                I’ll be there Saturday, weather cooperating!
                                That's looking like kind of a big "if."

Stauber is returning to juniors. That would still leave him with the option of returning to MSU next year at semester break, but it's pretty rare for a guy to go back to juniors and return to the same school. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides.

Comment

Working...
                                X