No announcement yet.

Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite the outcome, had a great time in Mankato. First time being there as I never got around visiting during the WCHA days. Every Mav fan I talked was really nice and loved talking hockey.

I do hope Mankato gets to join the NCHC somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
      Despite the outcome, had a great time in Mankato. First time being there as I never got around visiting during the WCHA days. Every Mav fan I talked was really nice and loved talking hockey.

I hope they do too. Like I have stated before I always looked forward to any series with the Mavs back in the old WCHA days. Best team in the state currently and wish nothing but the best the rest of the way
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

It’s nothing against the WCHA. It’s been a lot of fun, and the BGSU rivalry is great. It’s just the travel, and that the NCHC has more natural rivalries. The good news is we’ve been able to play ND, UNO, SCSU and UMD multiple times since the realignment

Comment

Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

I was wondering what happened to Brendan Furry as I thought he was coming in this year and found this.
          https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/201...nnesota-state/

Did he age out of juniors? I didn't see him on a junior roster this year. Is he taking classes? Anyone have any information?

Apparently I answered one of my own questions when I looked up his age!
          Last edited by crossjcek; 10-23-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Any win is a good win, and last night was no different. UAH was a better skating team than I thought. A huge number of shots, but if their goalie saw it, he stopped it. Credit to our guys for playing hard around the net. Our 5 goals traveled about a total of 8 feet.

Should be interesting tonight.

Comment

Massive weekend for the Mavs. Hope the crowds are strong — Friday Mankato West plays to go to state in football I see, but game is out of town — not sure how that’ll effect attendance.

Regardless, a sweep this weekend would help get the Mavs in a position to host throughout the playoffs again next spring. Sure, it’s early, but BGSU is likely the only team with a shot to truly compete for the MacNaughton.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I should also mention, I got tickets for the Saturday MSU at UMD game at the athletics office — was able to avoid Ticketmaster fees that way.
                AF 99

Comment

C. J. Suess just got called up to Winnepeg

Comment

Soooooo I think the takeaway from last night's game for all parties concerned is never find yourself up 2-0 'cause you're team is gonna lose 3-2 in OT.
                    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 11-02-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      Soooooo I think the takeaway from last night's game for all parties concerned is never find yourself up 2-0 'cause you're team is gonna lose 3-2 in OT.
                      It’s the old NHL maxim about “First one to 3 wins.” It just takes us more than 60 minutes to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        I’m hopefully Friday was a good wake up call for the Mavs. After the first ten minutes, BGSU out worked the Mavs and ultimately were rewarded in OT.

Good bounce back Saturday.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          I’m hopefully Friday was a good wake up call for the Mavs. After the first ten minutes, BGSU out worked the Mavs and ultimately were rewarded in OT.

Good bounce back Saturday.
                          Agreed on the good bounceback. One interesting thing Saturday - Don't recall seeing Sowder at all in the 3rd period. Injury, or just the case of a less physical freshman maybe not being fully ready for a BGSU-MSU series?

Comment

Off to Houghton.

GO MAVS!

Comment

MSU and Tech. Wow. Very conflicted over who to pull for this weekend. Sure do need you guys to drop some games but Tech is the closest thing we have to a rival in this league, there so there's that. I know where I'll be tuning Flo this weekend.

FWIW, out of 42 current entries in the WCHA Pick 'Em contest this week, MSU is picked to win 36-6 on Friday and 36-6 on Saturday. Three contestants are picking a Tech sweep. 33 contestants are picking a MSU sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                                Off to Houghton.

GO MAVS!
                                Enjoy your trip! Bring home some points!

Comment

Working...
                                X