Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

They looked great tonight. Third period was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MnMaverick View Post
      They looked great tonight. Third period was fun.
      Until Michaelis went off the ice holding his arm like a shoulder or collar bone injury. Arizona State is a goon squad.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I can't remember that they were that bad when we played them last year. I saw what the Gopher fans were complaining about last year. Very chippy, and at the end of the game very goonish. And Johnny Walker is a big crybaby.

I had a drink of my Johnny Walker Blue last night celebrating the sweep.

Comment

Should be a great early series this coming weekend. Yes I’m a UND fan but have always had huge respect for your squad going way back to the old WCHA days. How has Spooner looked so far. Great kid
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Should be a great early series this coming weekend. Yes I’m a UND fan but have always had huge respect for your squad going way back to the old WCHA days. How has Spooner looked so far. Great kid
            It hasn’t shown up on the scoresheet (Yet!), but I think Spooner is looking terrific. He was a big “out of nowhere” star at the Pens’ development camp, and the confidence he must have taken from that is showing in his game. Love his 200’ game.
            Looking forward to this weekend. A good measuring stick for both teams, and great revenue for our program!

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
              I can't remember that they were that bad when we played them last year. I saw what the Gopher fans were complaining about last year. Very chippy, and at the end of the game very goonish. And Johnny Walker is a big crybaby.

I had a drink of my Johnny Walker Blue last night celebrating the sweep.
              Agreed. I didn’t see it last year against us, but I did see it down in Omaha, and I heard about it from Tech, UAF, and the Gophers, so no big surprise. Still, way outside of anything I’ve seen in several years.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                It hasn’t shown up on the scoresheet (Yet!), but I think Spooner is looking terrific. He was a big “out of nowhere” star at the Pens’ development camp, and the confidence he must have taken from that is showing in his game. Love his 200’ game.
                Looking forward to this weekend. A good measuring stick for both teams, and great revenue for our program!
                Coached the Spoonman for a couple summers when he was a squirt and played with my daughter. His dad is a hoot
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Spooner has really developed into a fantastic two way player. Love his game.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Spooner has really developed into a fantastic two way player. Love his game.
                    Good to hear. Thanks
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                      Until Michaelis went off the ice holding his arm like a shoulder or collar bone injury. Arizona State is a goon squad.
                      Anyone heard anything regarding how bad this might have been?
                      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                        Anyone heard anything regarding how bad this might have been?
                        Apparently, he is just fine. Great weekend. I'll take a tie and a win against NoDak any time.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Very good weekend. watching those games you can see why teams from that conference end up being harder to beat come tournament time. If every weekend you're having to grind out wins like that it only helps to build your confidence and holding leads and finishing out games.
                          Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-20-2019, 07:01 PM.
                          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            Very good weekend. watching those games you can see why teams from that conference end up being harder to beat come tournament time. If every weekend you're having to grind out wins like that it only helps to build your confidence and holding weeds and finishing out games.
                            I assume you meant “leads” but we all celebrate in our own way!

Comment

Good performance from your Mavs this weekend...at least what I could tell from the radio. Good luck the rest of the way, and here's to these two squads meeting at some point down the road this season in late March/early April.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Good performance from your Mavs this weekend...at least what I could tell from the radio. Good luck the rest of the way, and here's to these two squads meeting at some point down the road this season in late March/early April.
                                It was quality hockey. For the Sioux, I thought JBD was as good as advertised. Pinto will also be outstanding. And as a Sioux City Musketeers fan, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much Keane has improved. With a little more offense from Mismash and Kawaguchi, I think you’ll have a very good team.

Comment

Working...
                                X