Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

BG ends up with a TIE vs Colgate after never trailing the entire game 3-3! This was a big downer after the previous night's tough loss against the Big Red. As a result of that loss, this game had more significance in the standings and BG could only muster a TIE. This was a pretty even game although BG might have been slightly the better team.

Tidbits:
    - What were you thinking Gallant after going around the world in both the neutral and d zone? Backhand pass across the slot in D zone with pressure = back of net
    - Graber is NOT a trained D man, bad pinches, bad reads, puck-watching and not attachment; offensively for sure
    - Clark looked good again
    - Would try to re-visit Graber back up at center; keep him at point on PP; also spot play him on D if need be
    - Two top D pair would play heavy minutes; spot play 3rd pair
    - Lacking play-makers in neutral and O zone; need some "easy" goals
    - Scoring by grind and grunt takes a toll and is finite

Thoughts GB as I know know you are a little upset and rightfully so?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post

Thoughts GB as I know know you are a little upset and rightfully so?
      Yeah, more "slightly frustrated" than anything. Hard to complain about Friday, honestly. They played well, it was a great game, and they were facing one of the elite programs in the nation. Lost 3-2. Obviously, Dartmouth could have won that game, but didn't, and I think it was more Cornell taking the 2 points than Dartmouth giving them away. But against Colgate, who yes are improved, Dartmouth couldn't hold a lead, yeah. It was irritating to lose that game.

I think the tidbits you make are all valid but I don't expect Graber to come off the blueline at this point. But Gallant hasn't been as constant with Foreman and O'Connor--Tyler Campbell took numerous shifts there--so maybe a change is in the works. Doubt it, though.

The good thing is that I saw the ECAC projected standings and they have a 2/3 shot at a top 4 finish. Have to get 4 points this weekend, though--road games or not--to really solidify it.

Comment

0-2-1 since they made the USCHO rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
          0-2-1 since they made the USCHO rankings.
          Yep I thought about that same concept myself they revert back to individual play vs team play! Either way it is a recipe for disaster and it definitely showed!

Comment

Wow is this current BG team a contender or pretender. Based on last night's shellacking losing to RPI, questions are definitely there! It was like Varsity spanking JV and was not even that close. RPI out-everything BG last night. With all due respect to RPI (given their record and middle of the pack standings) this loss makes it doubly worse. There are absolutely no positives in this one and it breaks my heart to say that because I am always a glass half full guy! The D markings and coverage were non existent last night. Lots of losing puck battles and puck watching and of course the usual turnovers. GB, I know you are in favor or this and we slightly disagree on this subject: but Graber is NOT a trained D man and it shows, especially last night. Let's be perfectly clear, it is not Graber's fault. Actually, kudos to him for the better of the team. GB, I am not a stats guy but all optics and even a blind man could have seen how RPI had their way in the BG's D zone. Out of curiosity, what is BG's record once Graber came back full time on the blue line. This even broke up their best pair in Less/Matthews. Additionally, Paloscik is not the same player as he was before and Demler was odd man out. I think O'Connor might have been reading his press clippings in that he is trying skate through the neutral zone with defenders waiting for him. Of course turnovers! Hard to say about Clark as he was hung out to dry but elite ones might have fared slightly better!

I dont know GB! Thoughts???

Comment

They're 3-3-2 since Graber returned and was used as a Dman.

They were wretched in their own zone last night. Worst I've seen them look all season save for Maybe the 2nd period of the Harvard game.

Comment

4 game road trip. 1 point.

I honestly thought going in that 7-8 points would have been wildly successful, and probably too much to expect, but the way they'd been playing, it could be ruled out. And the way they opened up at Cornell, it really appeared they could approach that.

I thought 6 points was probably the goal, and 5 would be OK. Anything less than that would be a wasted opportunity.

1 point is a disaster.

It's not the end of the world as they'll in all probability get home ice for their first playoff series. But given how much better they are at home than on the road, the first playoff series is looking more and more like it'll be the 5-12 preliminary round, with a trip somewhere for the quarterfinals. And unless something drastic changes, I don't see how Lake Placid and the semis are possible since they can't seem to beat anyone away from Hanover.

Comment

4 game road trip. 1 point.

I honestly thought going in that 7-8 points would have been wildly successful, and probably too much to expect, but the way they'd been playing, it could be ruled out. And the way they opened up at Cornell, it really appeared they could approach that.

I thought 6 points was probably the goal, and 5 would be OK. Anything less than that would be a wasted opportunity.

1 point is a disaster.

It's not the end of the world as they'll in all probability get home ice for their first playoff series. But given how much better they are at home than on the road, the first playoff series is looking more and more like it'll be the 5-12 preliminary round, with a trip somewhere for the quarterfinals. And unless something drastic changes, I don't see how Lake Placid and the semis are possible since they can't seem to beat anyone away from Hanover.
                  Yep dropping like a Led Zeppelin! Not feeling a Whole Lotta Love and this juncture! BG is a mess right now and I hope it is just one of those later in the season lulls to bounce back in March when it counts but boy let lots of potential home ice slip away.

Comment

Hey GB! Let's change it up for the sake of the team! How about you write up the post game summary and I will comment on it? Hey anything to reverse the fortunes because as you aptly stated the results are not good and the optics on my end bares that out. Union was slightly the better team until BG decided to play until they just ran out of time. RPI was just in a class by itself...pure ugliness!

Comment

Yep dropping like a Led Zeppelin! Not feeling a Whole Lotta Love and this juncture! BG is a mess right now and I hope it is just one of those later in the season lulls to bounce back in March when it counts but boy let lots of potential home ice slip away.
                      Good times, bad times
                      You know I had my share

Comment

Hey GB! Let's change it up for the sake of the team! How about you write up the post game summary and I will comment on it? Hey anything to reverse the fortunes because as you aptly stated the results are not good and the optics on my end bares that out. Union was slightly the better team until BG decided to play until they just ran out of time. RPI was just in a class by itself...pure ugliness!
                        For the games I don't attend, I almost always listen to the radio broadcast and then watch through it later (sometimes in depth, sometimes a skim). I don't do detailed recaps for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                          Good times, bad times
                          You know I had my share
                          Well played and thanks for playing DN!

Comment

For the games I don't attend, I almost always listen to the radio broadcast and then watch through it later (sometimes in depth, sometimes a skim). I don't do detailed recaps for that reason.
                            Very fair and understandable. I guess I am tired (yourself included) as the only BG fan's chiming in. I would think there is more out there!

Comment

Very fair and understandable. I guess I am tired (yourself included) as the only BG fan's chiming in. I would think there is more out there!
                              Well I'm not a Big Green fan although my cousin is a grad. You have one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. But what's up with attendance? I watched the game tonight on ESPN+ and it didn't look like the rink was more than half full. Was I seeing things? Something big on campus this weekend?

Comment

Bad time for a slump, boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X