Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    So sorry Skate; you guys held serve and we didn't. However in a warped way I did not mind this. If we had won, it would have been playing St. Lawrence again and if we won it would have been another match up against you guys and we know how that ended the last couple of years. Good Luck as you guys are much too talented to sitting where you guys are sitting!
    We've been so inconsistent it isn't funny. The numbers don't lie; we are 7-10-4 in our last 21 games. That is enough of a sample size to show we just aren't that good.

Comment

4-3 OT loss to Princeton. The Big Green never take the easy route to get anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
        4-3 OT loss to Princeton. The Big Green never take the easy route to get anywhere.
        This hurted big-time!

Comment

OK Will the "real" Big Green show up or at bare minimum, all the supposedly players to watch! I will just leave it at that! Regardless, they have to play airtight to advance. They are better than this Princeton team except....

Observations:
          - Palosik is very goodHesler great shot-pass making lemonade out of sour lemons
          -
          - Demler with to great stretch passes
          - I will pass on the "needs to improve" area or players

GB, you could chime in if you want on the above?

Comment

OK Will the "real" Big Green show up or at bare minimum, all the supposedly players to watch! I will just leave it at that! Regardless, they have to play airtight to advance. They are better than this Princeton team except....

Observations:
            - Palosik is very goodHesler great shot-pass making lemonade out of sour lemons
            -
            - Demler with to great stretch passes
            - I will pass on the "needs to improve" area or players

GB, you could chime in if you want on the above?
            This team is far better than its record. At the same time, they fully deserve to be around .500 because they don't play to their level nearly enough.

Princeton doesn't have Dartmouth's talent. But if the Big Green team shows up tonight w/o elevating their game, this may be the last game of the season.

Comment

As they say if you like what you see don’t make any changes

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                We've been so inconsistent it isn't funny. The numbers don't lie; we are 7-10-4 in our last 21 games. That is enough of a sample size to show we just aren't that good.
                How much does the coaching fit into this assessment?

Comment

3-9-1 to close the season, starting point when the Big Green were ranked in the top 20 coming off a win over Clarkson. Instead? Swept by Princeton. There's too much talent on this team for that to be acceptable, and now a solid portion of it leaves. This was a pretty good opportunity for Dartmouth to get to Lake Placid and they couldn't get out of Hanover.

Comment

Coaching or lack of coaching obviously plays a major role

Comment

Originally posted by Dartdoc58 View Post
                      Coaching or lack of coaching obviously plays a major role
                      Hey DartDoc welcome aboard albeit in a sordid situation! Valid points! I will just say this. BG is not as talented as other teams and probably just over the 50% mark in the ECAC. Now can they be coached up better absolutely? Here's my observation from 10000 feet: I think some of the players were more valued/evaluated higher than than were. Tactically, their PK stunk...the goals they let in were just too easy and hardly earned which transcends down from the coaches all the way down to the players.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
                        3-9-1 to close the season, starting point when the Big Green were ranked in the top 20 coming off a win over Clarkson. Instead? Swept by Princeton. There's too much talent on this team for that to be acceptable, and now a solid portion of it leaves. This was a pretty good opportunity for Dartmouth to get to Lake Placid and they couldn't get out of Hanover.
                        Nice play on the Hanover/Lake Placid part GB!

Comment

Well just like that a promising season comes to a disappointing crashing end! Here is the thread name: Thread: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never and it definitely is not NOW. When I will not know? Yes, I would have to say they under-performed as on paper this BG team was more talented than in recent years and you throw in O'Connor's progression and Palosik's revelation, it should have been better with bare minimum out of the first round. Make no mistake about, Princeton was the better team overall in these past two games.

Moving forward, again it sounds like a broken record but BG can build on this roster and depending on the incoming freshmen class, it could be good. The returning senior (next year) is solid and bettter than this past year's. And you throw in O'Connor and Palosik to add to that! And finally it comes down to goal-tending as it usually does ???

Comment

And finally it comes down to goal-tending as it usually does ???
                            As inconsistent as Clark was...and he *really* was down the stretch....the size of the question mark in this area is humungous. Justin Ferguson hasn't played well enough to earn himself a game after Veterans Day in either of the last 2 years. I don't know anything about the freshman coming in outside of a news article I saw saying he just turned 21 and therefore can't continue playing juniors. I know even less about the incoming freshmen, but I sure hope almost all of them are forwards!

Assuming all underclassmen are back, there's another good core for next year, I suppose. Just wish we weren't talking about it this soon.

Comment

O'Connor was just reportedly signed by Pittsburgh, so there's that, too.

Comment

40 years without an NCAA appearance!! Coach Gaudet is a great guy but it is time for a change. He could not win with the much more talented
                                teams circa 2001-2008

Comment

Working...
                                X