• Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

5 finalists for the head coaching job:
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...nal-Phase-.php

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Why do you say that? He was an assistant at Brown prior to Northeastern.
      Rough around the edges. More of a blue collar coach than the type that fits an Ivy League profile.
      He'd be excellent at Maine after Red retires or leaves, or Lowell if Bazin goes pro. Even better, his alma mater, if Leaman went pro. Merrimack missed the boat on him, but maybe he didn't want them.
      If Madigan stepped down to become NU's AD, that would be a seamless transition.
      Some coaches are just better fits at some schools than others.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Just wait for Jeff Cox to say Jerry Keefe is interviewing for the job and then the day Dartmouth hires someone, he will pull himself out of consideration!
        Hey , Sweetness, don't you ever learn?
        It's not Jerry's job to charm alumni and posters. The players are the ones who appreciate and benefit from his tutelage. Along with Madigan, Jerry has done a fine job of attracting talented players, who have quality academic records that satisfy the difficult admission standards The man is happy where he is. Apparently, the same cannot be said about you!

Why do you even follow this sport? Every one of your posts had either a nasty edge to it or is simply dripping with vitriol.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          ...If Madigan stepped down to become NU's AD, that would be a seamless transition...
          Not privy to any kind of inside information but if and when Madigan steps down, it would not surprise me in the least to see him take a position in the top echelon of university administration. He is that highly regarded and has a track record as a non-athletic administrator. And it does indeed seem that a transition plan is in place.

So far as the AD goes, no idea what Mr. Konya's career objectives are but he seems to be a good fit at NU.

Back to the thread title: IMO, if Dartmouth is to hire a non-Ivy or non-alum, Paul Pearl would be the one.
          Last edited by Split-N; 05-26-2020, 02:28 PM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Reid Cashman is the new Dartmouth Head Coach. Former player and assistant coach at Quinnipiac and current assistant for the Washington Capitals.

Comment

Dartmouth release here: https://dartmouthsports.com/news/202...ns-hockey.aspx

I expected they'd go with Ben Lovejoy. I think he'd have been a good hire, but naming Cashman as coach shows me that their priority truly was picking the best person for the job, regardless of where they went to college. If they believe that's Cashman, that's good enough for me.
              Last edited by GreenBear; 06-01-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Good move!!

Comment

Highly respected Coach down here. One of the major factors in QU's recent successes. Dealing with the unreasonable hurdles of bringing kids in to an Ivy program after working for traditionally recruited team may be interesting.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Not only will he no doubt be a great coach, he's a genuinely nice guy. When he was behind the bench at QU he had a bond with the players like I've never seen.

I wish him well except for a few times each season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Great hire for you guys. Reid was always the smartest, most media-friendly player on the team and he has made better every team he's been a part of during his coaching career.

Comment

Zoom call press conference with the new coach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2f7_cZn3U

Comment

Shane Sellar will be going to RPI as a grad transfer. He showed up in the RPI directory: https://info.rpi.edu/people/shane-sellar. that 6-point game in 2017-18 must have impressed the RPI staff.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                            Re: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

Great hire for you guys. Reid was always the smartest, most media-friendly player on the team and he has made better every team he's been a part of during his coaching career.
                            Reid Cashman is a head coach, with a challenging team in a tough league and he is a player's coach!

Comment

• Jeff Cox
                              @JeffCoxSports
                              ยท
                              2h
                              Union associate head coach Jason Tapp is leaving to join Reid Cashman’s staff at Dartmouth.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Stavros Paskaris, recently of the Princeton Tigers, has been named assistant coach for the Big Green. Big Green go from Bob Gaudet, David Lassonde and John Rose to Reid Cashman, Jason Tapp and Paskaris. Pretty heavy turnover for a team that hasn't had much over the last decade or so.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. I don't feel negatively at all about the old staff, but at the same time, I'm quite optimistic about the possibilities at Dartmouth going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X