Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yep

Except the lutefisk. Send that straight into the corona of the sun.
    This. All this. My great-grandpa, RIP, insisted on homemade lutefisk, and my family honored his request. Good Lord, send a lutefisk bomb to the Middle East, they'd give in.

But agree with MissT: I don't need to be in a building to believe. I was born and raised old school Roman Catholic, and, naw, no need for that. To me religion is a personal thing, and for me, it's a deal with God from my heart to His.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      This. All this. My great-grandpa, RIP, insisted on homemade lutefisk, and my family honored his request. Good Lord, send a lutefisk bomb to the Middle East, they'd give in.

But agree with MissT: I don't need to be in a building to believe. I was born and raised old school Roman Catholic, and, naw, no need for that. To me religion is a personal thing, and for me, it's a deal with God from my heart to His.
      I'm 100% Norwegian, so I'm too familiar with lutefisk, though we didn't have it on our table very often. In 60+ years, though, that stuff has never passed my lips. With that smell, just couldn't do it.

This week my wife spotted an ad for a lutefisk and lefse fundraiser at in a little village nearby. We're going with some friends who also grew up around scandinavian food. I need to decide if I'm gonna finally try it. I think I"ll stick with my principles and just go with the coleslaw, meatballs, M & G, pie and good black coffee. Eating lutefisk now would be a little like cheering for the gophs after all these years. You can hold your nose all you want, but some standards are meant to followed to the grave.

Not that I don't like a lot of gopher fans, hey.
      Last edited by burd; 11-09-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Sometimes we're dumb, too.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This guy is a piece of work: "Empowering women makes weak men."

Evangelicals: you're taking the Bible out of context!
          Also evangelicals: We'll take the Bible out of context when it suits us.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Church: We have money in the budget; what do you want to do?
            Consistory: We could feed the poor and help with their bills.
            Priest: NO! We're going to build a Baby Jesus statue that looks like Phil Collins!
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and Lux Mundi, Ohio, are home to the biggest Jesus figures in the United States.
              Betcha those are great places to live.
              Last edited by Kepler; 11-21-2019, 08:59 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Eureka Springs has a hotel with exits on something like 7 different floors, all on street level.

Comment

Suddenly this just started playing in my head.

I'm going to Hell. (Not just for this, but it's somewhere in the multi-terrabyte database against me.)
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Church: We have money in the budget; what do you want to do?
                    Consistory: We could feed the poor and help with their bills.
                    Priest: NO! We're going to build a Baby Jesus statue that looks like Phil Collins!
                    Trick question. Phil Collins IS God.

/Dave Grohl can be Jesus
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Interesting case. Nutbar mails Catholic plaintiff a Chick Tract telling her she's going to hell because she picked the wrong way to butter her bread. Plaintiff claims intentional infliction of emotional distress; defendant claims malicious prosecution. Court tells them both to pound sand.

Being an idiot is not illegal. Inflicting* your idiocy on somebody else is not illegal. This is the essence of freedom of expression. The First Amendment is sacrosanct because it protects our right to be amused by stupid people.

* Within reason.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 11-22-2019, 08:59 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Expelled.
                        https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-lawsuit-says
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Indiana professor thing is interesting. I have to say, the university handled it right
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Imagine being that triggered by such a minor detail.

Comment

Tonight I learned that Holland has an Openly Secular Alliance, meant for atheists, agnostics, humanists, and religious allies, or H.O.S.A. for short.

Here in conservative West Michigan, this place needs it. Here in Holland, can't throw a rock without hitting a church, and when I came down here, I was terrified.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Tonight I learned that Holland has an Openly Secular Alliance, meant for atheists, agnostics, humanists, and religious allies, or H.O.S.A. for short.

Here in conservative West Michigan, this place needs it. Here in Holland, can't throw a rock without hitting a church, and when I came down here, I was terrified.
                                If west Michigan unsettles you, don't go to the Carolinas.

Allow me to describe a drive down any major thoroughfare down there: strip club, church, strip club, church, strip club, church, Waffle House (repeat ad nauseam, ad infinitum)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X