Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Hmm, something tells me they’ll accept donations from joe though!

Catholic Church is such a pile of s h I t

“A Catholic priest in South Carolina said he denied former Vice President Joe Biden of receiving Holy Communion during Sunday mass because of his views on abortions: "Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that. Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Hmm, something tells me they’ll accept donations from joe though!

Catholic Church is such a pile of s h I t

“A Catholic priest in South Carolina said he denied former Vice President Joe Biden of receiving Holy Communion during Sunday mass because of his views on abortions: "Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that. Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching."
      Remove the beam from thine own eye before removing the splinter from thy neighbor's.

More than half of the current Catholic leadership needs to be flushed down the gutter, and younger blood brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        This surprises you?

What has institutional Christianity's entire history been but helping the strong harm the weak? For a price.

But their basic problem isn't that they're mean. It's that they aren't funny. Mentally they are on the level of cleverness of a diner's place mat jokes, or Mallard Fillmore.

Chesterton was an as-shole but at least he could tell a joke.
        And I'm sure Calvin could tell a joke too.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          And I'm sure Calvin could tell a joke too.
          From what I understand, Calvin never told a joke in his life. Zwingli was a real as-shole, too.

Luther, OTOH, liked fart jokes and nailed a buxom nun.

Fig. 95 DTF (Down for The First lesson)
          Last edited by Kepler; 10-29-2019, 09:06 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

From what I understand, Calvin never told a joke in his life.

Luther liked fart humor, though.

Luther was a drunk, look what he accomplished!
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Luther was a drunk, look what he accomplished!
              Constipated, too.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's the Thumpers' favoritest day again.

In recent days, the Trump-supporting media platform Charisma has repeatedly pitched “Why Christians Shouldn’t Celebrate Halloween,” a new ebook with nine “teachings” about Halloween. “The demonic realm is alive and active,” it begins.

The ebook’s author Katherine DeGraw writes that people often recognize that “evil forces” drive actions like mass shootings. “However, when it comes to the pagan celebration of Halloween, we somehow do not see it as having the same demonic and evil impact as those other tragedies,” she writes. “The effects of Halloween and human sacrifices are just as real. However, authorities—and the news media—simply don’t report them.”

She urged Christians to be on the “counteroffensive” against the “demonic realm” that is conjuring up “curses, spells, vexes and other evil practices” in the month before Halloween to “destroy Christians, uproot prophetic destinies and come against the plans of God.”

Christians who see the holiday as harmless fun are “co-laboring with the works of darkness,” she writes. Essentially they are supporting what DeGraw says are occult practices like having sex with demons and sacrificing babies to drink their blood.
                Cornell University

Comment

It's the Thumpers' favoritest day again.
                  And she'll be voting November 2020.

Comment

And she'll be voting November 2020.
                    I'm pretty sure she's Secretary of Education.
                    Cornell University

Comment

I believe. But it's always bothered me that people say I have to be in a physical building every Sunday to experience God. Last weekend, I was with my best friend Shelby, loving each other and lifting each other up. I felt the presence of the Divine with her more than I've felt it in buildings.

Comment

I believe. But it's always bothered me that people say I have to be in a physical building every Sunday to experience God. Last weekend, I was with my best friend Shelby, loving each other and lifting each other up. I felt the presence of the Divine with her more than I've felt it in buildings.
                        I've felt some pretty cool shyt in church basements.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          I've felt some pretty cool shyt in church basements.
                          There’s a really bad Catholic Church joke there.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            There’s a really bad Catholic Church joke there.
                            Yeah, there's that But it's also where the kitchen is and the turkey dinners, lutefisk and lefse dinners, breakfasts, where people celebrate, support, and grieve together over food and coffee. Worth far more than what goes on upstairs.

Comment

Yep

Except the lutefisk. Send that straight into the corona of the sun.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Yeah, there's that But it's also where the kitchen is and the turkey dinners, lutefisk and lefse dinners, breakfasts, where people celebrate, support, and grieve together over food and coffee. Worth far more than what goes on upstairs.
                                Grace Episcopal's Oktoberfest was in the basement. I made two new friends and drank 5 glasses of wine. My church KNOWS how to party.

One magical moment at my church happened in our chapel. On April 3, I was officially recognized as Amber Marie by the church. They blessed me, laid their hands on me, let me say a few words, and greeted me with champagne after the service. 30 of my friends were there, and the chapel was full.

Comment

Working...
                                X