Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Goofball religious beliefs should never surprise. It's what religion does. Not that this was an actual belief and not just another carney hustle.

Comment

They should stop giving them the press. That is what these "pastors" want.

Comment

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday.

Every year, Grace takes palms and with our Music Director playing, we walk from outside into the sanctuary. It's a nice tradition that's not happening this year.

And I am incredibly bummed that I won't be confirmed Easter Weekend. The Regional Bishop was supposed to there and he was going to preside over the service. I had friends and possibly family coming to Grace for the service.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Sorry for the outburst last night - "let's survive a global pandemic" was about item #3674280 down the list for my time in Denver (which has already been rough - just can't seem to buy a break with anything I do here, and dropping COVID on top of that isn't exactly out of the Dale Carnegie playbook.)

Whatever. Off my chest.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Sorry for the outburst last night - "let's survive a global pandemic" was about item #3674280 down the list for my time in Denver (which has already been rough - just can't seem to buy a break with anything I do here, and dropping COVID on top of that isn't exactly out of the Dale Carnegie playbook.)

Whatever. Off my chest.
            We've all been there.

Comment

Comment

Government is helping with pastors' salaries now.

At first, I was against taxing churches. Now I'm all for it.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Government is helping with pastors' salaries now.

At first, I was against taxing churches. Now I'm all for it.
                  No shock on my part. "Exempt the prophesy, socialize the losses" is a fitting corollary.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I hope you have a better Good Friday than Jesus did.

Comment

I hope you have a better Good Friday than Jesus did.
                      I'll take what Jebus had over the COVID.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Also, if Jesus comes out of the tomb tomorrow and sees his shadow, you get 6 more weeks of shelter-in-place!

Comment

So the Maronite Church, an eastern sect of the Catholic Church, is still holding Mass locally. How do I know? Because my MIL and FIL belong to the local parish. Religion, it’s a hell of a drug. 👎🏻🤦🏻*♂️
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

My church had online services today and will have online services at least through May 10.

That said, I know it's the right thing, but I was really looking forward to Confirmation this weekend. I was looking forward to receiving Easter Communion. I know it will happen soon, but there's something special about the rituals. And Fade is right, it's my Grace Episcopal Family that makes church special.

Comment

Also, if Jesus comes out of the tomb tomorrow and sees his shadow, you get 6 more weeks of shelter-in-place!
                              Jesus is a responsible adult...He will rise, but will stay in His tomb and practice good social distancing...

I "attended" the megachurch across the highway whether I wanted to or not. I don't know exactly what they did, or didn't do, but they cranked it up to 11 and there was some honking of car horns a couple times.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Jesus is a responsible adult...He will rise, but will stay in His tomb and practice good social distancing...

I "attended" the megachurch across the highway whether I wanted to or not. I don't know exactly what they did, or didn't do, but they cranked it up to 11 and there was some honking of car horns a couple times.
                                A few of the bigger churches around here had people drive to the parking lot of the church, stay in their cars, and then had service with everyone in their cars. Here, they had a radio station that you could tune into to hear the service...but maybe in Texas they just crank the **** up so everyone could hear.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X