Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    ??
    The story goes that True North wanted to just slap the Moose name onto the Thrashers. They wanted a fresh start and not saddled with the original Jets stigma (for better or worse). So much so that they had a jersey (or plural) ready for the NHL draft that summer. But the public persisted on using the Jets name.
    A lot.
    So, shortly before the draft, TNS&E caved and agreed the swell of Jets love was stronger than promoting the Moose from the AHL to NHL, and decided to go with Jets. And why there wasn't a logo or jersey at the draft.

If the prototype exists, I would love to get my hands on it.

Similar to how someone found the Rick Nash Thrashers 2002 draft jersey that was lost in storage when cleaning out Phillips Arena.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      It's the NHL Jets situation all over again. True North adamantly refused to use the Jets name, but public demand was so much locally (and throughout the hockey community) that they reluctantly went with Jets.

I really want one of the NHL Moose jerseys that are likely in a closet of the Bell MTS Place basement. Copper and forest green would have been an amazing color scheme for the the NHL. And to top it off with the "angry moose" logo?

Ugh.
      The MN Moose color scheme is pretty much the color scheme of the Xcel Center, which sits on the same physical location of the old St. Paul Civic Center, which is where the Moose played. I think it was an intentional nod to their greatness of mascot and colors.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        The story goes that True North wanted to just slap the Moose name onto the Thrashers. They wanted a fresh start and not saddled with the original Jets stigma (for better or worse). So much so that they had a jersey (or plural) ready for the NHL draft that summer. But the public persisted on using the Jets name.
        A lot.
        So, shortly before the draft, TNS&E caved and agreed the swell of Jets love was stronger than promoting the Moose from the AHL to NHL, and decided to go with Jets. And why there wasn't a logo or jersey at the draft.

Similar to how someone found the Rick Nash Thrashers 2002 draft jersey that was lost in storage when cleaning out Phillips Arena.
        There wasn’t anyway Winnipeg wasn’t going to be the Jets, people had been waiting 15 years for the Jets to come back and weren’t going to accept a “substitute” team name like Moose.

Similar thing happened in Seattle with MLS and the Sounders. The ownership was told by consultants that people wouldn’t want to associate the team with such a “minor league” name. So the ownership announced three choices, none of which were “Sounders”, the fans revolted and the ownership had to add a write-in option which won.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Booze. It's a helluva drug.
          When I saw that on Twitter, I thought it was Lev Parnas.

Comment

A lot.

I get why they changed the Moose colors to blue and silver, because apparently everything in the AHL has to match the parent club nowadays, but it was so much better with the "natural" green and brown.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I get why they changed the Moose colors to blue and silver, because apparently everything in the AHL has to match the parent club nowadays, but it was so much better with the "natural" green and brown.
              They would have kept the copper and green they had been using.

I hate the Frozen Moose logo since their return to Winnipeg as well. I understand the branding reason to share the color scheme with the parent club, but I dont have to like it.

And it seems they realize it as well as they have started having more "retro" days with a thawing of the logo and return of the old color scheme.

I think they even held a couple retro nights with the Bullwinkle (cartoon/original) logo as well.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I call BS. Nobody in the PNW bothers with an umbrella.

But that primary crest is sweeter than anything they'll come up with.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's is phenomenal.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'd buy a jersey to rock during drop-in hockey...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Shocker that Bourno is still pushing this...
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Lol. Best franchise branding ever.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Dylan Larkin: Just so you know, we really suck.
                            Blashill: Hey, I'll decide who sucks around here!
                            Blashill:... they really suck.

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Sitting at 12-38-4 with 28 games remaining, there's still a very good chance this Red Wings team finishes worse than the 17–57–6 mark set by the '85-'86 team.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Sitting at 12-38-4 with 28 games remaining
                                Wait, is that their real record or the 3-point game record the NHL uses?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X