Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    6 of the 12 have been held in baseball stadiums.

2009 Wrigley Field
    2010 Fenway Park
    2012 Citizens Bank Park
    2015 Nationals Park
    2017 Busch Stadium
    2018 Citi Field
    Right, but a lot of those have shared reasons for not being at the football stadium.

Historic (Wrigley, Fenway)
    Football has natural grass, causing issues for potential playoff games (Wrigley, Citizens Bank, Nationals)
    Football stadium isn’t actually in the city. This isn’t a huge deal, but maybe for marketing it could be (Fenway, Nationals, Citi)
    Busch is kind of on its own since the football stadium is a dome so it’s the only outdoor stadium.

Target isn’t historic, TCF has turf, is in the city, and it’s not being used at that time of year anyway. Only thing I can see is they already used it on the Stadium Series.

I wonder if they would ever consider a WC or SS in a dome. I’d imagine 75k Wild fans inside US Bank would be one helluva environment.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Right, but a lot of those have shared reasons for not being at the football stadium.

Historic (Wrigley, Fenway)
      Football has natural grass, causing issues for potential playoff games (Wrigley, Citizens Bank, Nationals)
      Football stadium isn’t actually in the city. This isn’t a huge deal, but maybe for marketing it could be (Fenway, Nationals, Citi)
      Busch is kind of on its own since the football stadium is a dome so it’s the only outdoor stadium.

Target isn’t historic, TCF has turf, is in the city, and it’s not being used at that time of year anyway. Only thing I can see is they already used it on the Stadium Series.

I wonder if they would ever consider a WC or SS in a dome. I’d imagine 75k Wild fans inside US Bank would be one helluva environment.
      So i went to a hockey game inside a dome stadium about 4 or 5 years ago. Oswego played Utica in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse and then an AHL game followed.

It was unique for sure and I enjoyed it...but, i don't think it has the same appeal as being outdoors.

The Winter Classic has been built on being outdoors and subject to the elements and getting back to the "roots" of pond hockey etc.

I just don't think it'd have the same mass appeal if it was played inside in a dome...
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        So i went to a hockey game inside a dome stadium about 4 or 5 years ago. Oswego played Utica in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse and then an AHL game followed.

It was unique for sure and I enjoyed it...but, i don't think it has the same appeal as being outdoors.

The Winter Classic has been built on being outdoors and subject to the elements and getting back to the "roots" of pond hockey etc.

I just don't think it'd have the same mass appeal if it was played inside in a dome...
        Agree. I saw Anchorage play in the Tacoma Dome. Even with a full house the high ceiling made it feel grubby and cavernous.

Play it outside under a full moon in the snow or shelve it. For that matter just play it in Canada. That's where it belongs. Unless you want to play one in Russia to honor Dump.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Play the thing on Lake Minnetonka already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Play the thing on Lake Minnetonka already.
            Too much poop.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Too much poop.
              All the better.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

For the sake of history, they should play a game out on Lake of the Woods in Kenora, Ont, home of the 1907 Stanley Cup Challenge winner, the Kenora Thistles. I think they played at least one game out on the Lake in that Challenge. Kenora once played in the Manitoba Hockey League, so a game between the Jets and Leafs would be fitting. It only has a population of about 15,000, but I'm sure they would all go to the game.

Comment

The official story is that Montgomery has been drying out.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Too much poop.
                    That's Calhoun or whatever they call it now.

Comment

Preds Fire Peter Laviolette.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Mr game 7 giving it one last go. Signs with the Canes for 700k + possible 1.3 Million in bonuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Mr game 7 giving it one last go. Signs with the Canes for 700k + possible 1.3 Million in bonuses.
                          Smart man saving his legs and body this far into the season..
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Goalie goals are fun.

Rinne ices it the length into the empty net vs Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Goalie goals are fun.
                              They are. Someday somebody's gonna Vandermeer it and score 2 in one game.

Cornell goalie Mitch Gillam got the only Cornell goalie goal in history in his first game.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Goalie goals are fun.

Rinne ices it the length into the empty net vs Chicago.
                                Is that the first one on a nationally televised game?
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X