Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

If one of the sixteen play-in teams win the Cup, they could likely set an unbreakable record for wins in one playoff season. Currently stands at 16 wins (tied by eighteen goalies.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      If one of the sixteen play-in teams win the Cup, they could likely set an unbreakable record for wins in one playoff season. Currently stands at 16 wins (tied by eighteen goalies.
      They wouldn't even need to win the Cup. Get there and win a game is all it would take.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        They wouldn't even need to win the Cup. Get there and win a game is all it would take.
        Two games. First round is best of 5.

It will be broken when the N goes to 32 playoff teams, which will happen eventually, if nothing else when we finally add the Eurotrash. Once you start printing money, you never print less.
        Last edited by Kepler; 05-26-2020, 04:57 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed Tuesday that the NHL will stage a 24-team playoff split by conference between two hub cities, with timelines and locations to be finalized at a later date.

The top four seeds in each conference will get byes, while seeds 5-12 will battle in best-of-five series to determine who advances. The NHL and NHLPA have yet to decide whether teams will be reseeded or if the postseason will use a bracket format.

The matchups are based on points percentage in conference standings through games played until March 12. Teams with byes will all play each other once under regular-season rules to determine their seeding in the next round.

Here's a look at how it breaks down.

Eastern Conference

Byes: (No. 1) Boston Bruins, (No. 2) Tampa Bay Lightning, (No. 3) Washington Capitals, (No. 4) Philadelphia Flyers

No. 5 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. No. 12 Montreal Canadiens
          No. 6 Carolina Hurricanes vs. No. 11 New York Rangers
          No. 7 New York Islanders vs. No. 10 Florida Panthers
          No. 8 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. No. 9 Columbus Blue Jackets
          Western Conference

Byes: (No. 1) St. Louis Blues, (No. 2) Colorado Avalanche, (No. 3) Vegas Golden Knights, (No. 4) Dallas Stars

No. 5 Edmonton Oilers vs. No. 12 Chicago Blackhawks
          No. 6 Nashville Predators vs. No. 11 Arizona Coyotes
          No. 7 Vancouver Canucks vs. No. 10 Minnesota Wild
          No. 8 Calgary Flames vs. No. 9 Winnipeg Jets
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed Tuesday that the NHL will stage a 24-team playoff split by conference between two hub cities, with timelines and locations to be finalized at a later date.

The top four seeds in each conference will get byes, while seeds 5-12 will battle in best-of-five series to determine who advances. The NHL and NHLPA have yet to decide whether teams will be reseeded or if the postseason will use a bracket format.

The matchups are based on points percentage in conference standings through games played until March 12. Teams with byes will all play each other once under regular-season rules to determine their seeding in the next round.

Here's a look at how it breaks down.

Eastern Conference

Byes: (No. 1) Boston Bruins, (No. 2) Tampa Bay Lightning, (No. 3) Washington Capitals, (No. 4) Philadelphia Flyers

No. 5 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. No. 12 Montreal Canadiens
            No. 6 Carolina Hurricanes vs. No. 11 New York Rangers
            No. 7 New York Islanders vs. No. 10 Florida Panthers
            No. 8 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. No. 9 Columbus Blue Jackets
            Western Conference

Byes: (No. 1) St. Louis Blues, (No. 2) Colorado Avalanche, (No. 3) Vegas Golden Knights, (No. 4) Dallas Stars

No. 5 Edmonton Oilers vs. No. 12 Chicago Blackhawks
            No. 6 Nashville Predators vs. No. 11 Arizona Coyotes
            No. 7 Vancouver Canucks vs. No. 10 Minnesota Wild
            No. 8 Calgary Flames vs. No. 9 Winnipeg Jets
            Really hope this happens, would be a fun format to see play out.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I really hate the idea of no hockey next fall and the early part of the winter. After four months off just can’t see how the Stanley cup will ever be that legitimate for whoever wins it.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I really hate the idea of no hockey next fall and the early part of the winter.
                Compared to increased deaths, who gives a sh-t? It's a game. Read a book.

I must be missing a gene. Sports is about 7 millionth on my list of concerns right now.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-26-2020, 08:52 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I must be missing a gene. Sports is about 7 millionth on my list of concerns right now.
                  I meant I would rather them cancel this season and start on time next year.

I’m already past 30 for this year.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

A, I have two final assignments due this week, so that's what I'll be doing.

B, Sports isn't even that high up on mine. See A.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      One can want for both while understanding that a proper choice has to be made.

Comment

After this season the Stars will have been in Dallas for 1 season more than the frachise was in Minnesota.

And Norm Green still sucks.

Comment

Blashill will return to the Wings next season.

All the downriver bowling alley blowhards will now proceed to lose their collective ****.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            After this season the Stars will have been in Dallas for 1 season more than the frachise was in Minnesota.

And Norm Green still sucks.
                            I was at the last North Star game at the Met. Norm Greed sucks tee shirts everywhere. Still got mine somewhere
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Here's some good news.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Golden Knights unveiled their new AHL affiliate after they bought the SA Rampage.

Introducing the Henderson...

Sliver Knights...

The logo is great.

As far as the name, at least they didn't completely copy the parent team. Better than Iowa Wild or Providence Bruins.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X