Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Betty White recently turned 98. She was 45 the last time the Leafs won the Cup.
    😂
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Gritty is a gift that just keeps on giving

Also probably the most Philly Being Philly headline you will see this week
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Saw this on Facebook and I thought it would be a good question to ask here:

If you had the opportunity to change the result of ONE game from hockey history, which game would it be?

For me, it depends. For NMU, I'd love it if we could flip the loss to St. Cloud in the NCAAs. That was St. Cloud's first tourney win. For Detroit, the 2009 Cup Final game where Lilja committed a delay of game penalty, costing the Red Wings the game. The Wings would eventually lose the series to Pittsburgh.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If you had the opportunity to change the result of ONE game from hockey history, which game would it be?
          For Detroit, the 2009 Cup Final game where Lilja committed a delay of game penalty, costing the Red Wings the game. The Wings would eventually lose the series to Pittsburgh.
          You know my response to this (as I posted it on Facebook as well). The 2013 Western Conference Semi-final between the Blackhawks and Red Wings. Game Seven. Overtime. Kronner drops to his knees and kicks his leg out to block Seabrook's shot, but deflects it slightly changing the direction of the puck to just above Howard's glove.

The shot is flat off Seabrook's stick, and you can see it flutter upward after deflecting of Kronner.

Also, Lilja never played in the 2009 playoffs. He was placed on LTIR following a concussion against Nashville February 28th, 2009. He didn't return to the ice until March 1st, 2010.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            You know my response to this (as I posted it on Facebook as well). The 2013 Western Conference Semi-final between the Blackhawks and Red Wings. Game Seven. Overtime. Kronner drops to his knees and kicks his leg out to block Seabrook's shot, but deflects it slightly changing the direction of the puck to just above Howard's glove.

The shot is flat off Seabrook's stick, and you can see it flutter upward after deflecting of Kronner.

Also, Lilja never played in the 2009 playoffs. He was placed on LTIR following a concussion against Nashville February 28th, 2009. He didn't return to the ice until March 1st, 2010.
            Was it 2008 then?
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I'd change any one of the game 7s Pittsburgh was involved in when they won the cup during the 16-17 season.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Was it 2008 then?
                No.

In Game Five of 2008, Jiri Hudler took a double minor for high sticking at 9:21 into the third overtime. Penguins converted thirty six seconds later to win the fifth longest NHL playoff game.

In game six, Jiri Hudler again took a poorly timed penalty at 18:13 of the third period, which Marion Hossa converted on twenty seconds later to make the game a butt-puckering 3-2 with 97 seconds remaining in the game.

Lilja took penalties in:
                Game 2, 2008 - 18:52 3rd Period - Scrum resulted in DET PP, DET wins.
                Game 4, 2008 - 10:10 3rd Period - PK Successful, DET wins.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I'd change any one of the game 7s Pittsburgh was involved in when they won the cup during the 16-17 season.
                  Would Ottawa be in the position they're in right now if they didn't lose that 2OT to the Pens in Game Seven? Ottawa/Nashville would have been an interesting series.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

For me, it depends. For NMU, I'd love it if we could flip the loss to St. Cloud in the NCAAs. That was St. Cloud's first tourney win. For Detroit, the 2009 Cup Final game where Lilja committed a delay of game penalty, costing the Red Wings the game. The Wings would eventually lose the series to Pittsburgh.
                    2015 NCAA first round, Tech vs. St, Clooud. Tech is leading against a tough Cloud team 2-1 in the 3rd, then surrenders a goal to tie it with 38 seconds left, then in OT a Tech skater loses an edge entering the Cloud zone, coughs up the puck, and gives up the rush to the GWG. One of those games that leaves you questioning God.

Alternatively, Fight Night at the Berry. You can even leave the 1-1 tie because that game was an abomination against all that is holy and it deserved it, just cancel everything that happened after the 17:00 mark of the 3rd.

ETA: Throw in game 3 of the WCHA first round against Sue in 2008. Tough as hell to get out of my chair after that one (and it was my "senior" year.)
                    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-25-2020, 01:14 PM.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      My heart aches reading the book end games you'd switch. That middle game... eh.

For NMU, while the 2010 loss to St, Clooud giving them their first NCAA Tournament win in program history, I'd rather NMU wasn't in that position and won the CCHA tournament title against Michigan. (Then again, looking over the PWR standings and the brackets, NMU might have had to face North Dakota. I don't think they would have been high enough to get to Albany and take on UNH).

Alternatively, I'd like to give Notre Dame an a** whipping and reverse the 2009 CCHA Semi-final game, to put NMU in the title game. Michigan was easily beatable both of those years.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

1989 NCAA title game.

In other hockey news, two used-to-be-rival high school teams have decided to consolidate. Eveleth-Gilbert and Virginia will then be known as the Rock Ridge Wolverines.

Yes, the Blazing Saddles references began instantly.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

USA-Russia, 1980.

OK, kidding.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

1989 NCAA Championship game without question. Stupid iron!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              1979 NCAA Championship game without question. Stupid Gophers!!
                              FYP...
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                1974 or 1976 NCAA Championship game without question. Stupid Go-Farts!!
                                Fixed again.

Comment

Working...
                                X