Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Abs needed to be released three seasons ago.
    Boy he vanished after that first year of that big seven year deal. I know he's a Michigan boy who played locally, stayed locally, and now plays for the big club, but woof do I agree with you that he should be moved.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hey everyone, the Red Wings actually won tonight!
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Minnesota Wild hosting Winter Classic next year at Target Field. Early money is the Blackhawks, though opponent currently tbd.

Comment

Winter Classic was the 2nd highest attended NHL game in history...approximately 88,000.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Winter Classic was the 2nd highest attended NHL game in history...approximately 88,000.
            And Corey Perry is still a POS
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Minnesota Wild hosting Winter Classic next year at Target Field. Early money is the Blackhawks, though opponent currently tbd.
              Why not TCF? Just because they already did the Stadium Series there?

Except for when the Phillies hosted, it looks like baseball stadiums have only been used for the WC if it's a historic stadium (Fenway and Wrigley) or if there are no other stadiums in the city.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Except for when the Phillies hosted, it looks like baseball stadiums have only been used for the WC if it's a historic stadium (Fenway and Wrigley) or if there are no other stadiums in the city.
                CitiField hosted the Rangers/Sabres Winter Classic in 2018.

I really hope the Blackhawks aren’t the opponent. Even though they’re Canadian...how about Winnipeg? Not too far away and a pretty rabid fan base.
                Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 01-02-2020, 08:54 AM.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Rumor was the Blues were in talks with Minnesota and the NHL.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

At this point I DO NOT want the Hawks involved in this. We've had more stadium games than anyone. Give Florida or another team their chance if you really want to press the issue. MN will sell this game out so the NHL will get their $$$.

Adding in Winnipeg will allow them to sellout at $200+/seat however.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      CitiField hosted the Rangers/Bruins Winter Classic in 2018.

I really hope the Blackhawks aren’t the opponent. Even though they’re Canadian...how about Winnipeg? Not too far away and a pretty rabid fan base.
                      New York doesn't have a football stadium. I'm guessing the NHL wanted to keep it in NYC since the Meadowlands isn't exactly Queens. Plus it would make for some difficult scheduling to have the Giants and Jets off for multiple weeks to end the year.

Columbus (probably vs Detroit) at OSU has to be happening sometime soon, right?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

6 of the 12 have been held in baseball stadiums.

2009 Wrigley Field
                        2010 Fenway Park
                        2012 Citizens Bank Park
                        2015 Nationals Park
                        2017 Busch Stadium
                        2018 Citi Field
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          New York doesn't have a football stadium. I'm guessing the NHL wanted to keep it in NYC since the Meadowlands isn't exactly Queens. Plus it would make for some difficult scheduling to have the Giants and Jets off for multiple weeks to end the year.
                          This would be super cool. Just 50 miles from Times Square.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-02-2020, 09:02 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            6 of the 12 have been held in baseball stadiums.

2009 Wrigley Field
                            2010 Fenway Park
                            2012 Citizens Bank Park
                            2015 Nationals Park
                            2017 Busch Stadium
                            2018 Citi Field
                            I've really preferred the sight lines for the football stadiums. The Cotton Bowl and Notre Dame stadium in particular have been great in my opinion.

I really wish the NHL would can the Stadium Series and just focus on making these WC's special every year. This year's pageantry was awesome in my opinion the southern hockey fans showed up. I was really impressed with the Nashville contingent and both fan bases chanting back and forth were awesome.

At first I was really skeptical about Dallas getting a Winter Classic before Minnesota and Colorado, but I've gotta admit that this year's WC turned out pretty great. I'm happy Minnesota finally gets it next year and hopefully Coors Field/Mile High Stadium will get it in 2022. Colorado/St. Louis or Colorado/Edmonton would be tremendous.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Hold it at the Cup winner's barn against the Cup loser.

Or just sh-tcan it. Like MLB inter-league play, it had its fad novelty; now it's a chore.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 01-02-2020, 09:08 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                This would be super cool. Just 50 miles from Times Square.

That was the plan for the year it was at Citi Field, but talks with Army fell through.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X