Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I've been saying for two-plus seasons now that Howard is toast. Too many groin injuries.
    A groin injury, a gr, gr, groin injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Again, the bigger problem is, nothing is on the way.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRik9erWgQ8
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Vegas fires Gallant and replaces him with DeBoer, who had been fired by San Jose earlier this year.

What the what?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Vegas fires Gallant and replaces him with DeBoer, who had been fired by San Jose earlier this year.

What the what?
          Ha ha, bringing them down from the inside!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The new rule for the All-Star game is that the coach of the winning team gets to keep his job.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The new rule for the All-Star game is that the coach of the winning team gets to keep his job.
              ... through the weekend.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Vegas shows that a .601 win pct as coach isn't going to cut it. Seems reasonable!

Everybody saw the result in St. Louis last season and wants to recreate that magic. Copycat league and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  A groin injury, a gr, gr, groin injury.
                  You rap it, Slappy!
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Since Nov 20th:

7 NHL coaches fired.
                    5 Red Wings victories.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Since Nov 20th:

7 NHL coaches fired.
                      5 Red Wings victories.
                      Despair for Lafreniere

(and then take a goalie in the 2nd round...get 'er done, Stevie)

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Vegas shows that a .601 win pct as coach isn't going to cut it. Seems reasonable!
                        Meh, they're under .500 this year.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Meh, they're under .500 this year.
                          Still in playoff contention.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I've been saying for two-plus seasons now that Howard is toast. Too many groin injuries.
                            It's going to be great in a few years when Red Wings fans reminisce about Howie and how the Wings pi**ed themselves instead of giving him some defense and offense. (Ie: The ol' Osgood treatment).

What the what?
                            I saw the news this afternoon and had the same reaction. I was like "Did the game against Buffalo end worse than the Wings game?" Checked the boxscore. Then became even more confused.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Still in playoff contention.
                            with how the Pacific is right now, they coulda been up two points on the whole division by Sunday night. I'm very confused.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Wings are 12 points behind the rest of the league, and their absolute max is 97 points this season. If you're going to be bad, might as well be this bad.

I'm not a fan of firing Blashill until April. However, if they can get Gallant, assuming he didn't do something absurd to warrant this canning, maybe this is the move to make.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                The Wings are 12 points behind the rest of the league, and their absolute max is 97 points this season. If you're going to be bad, might as well be this bad.

I'm not a fan of firing Blashill until April. However, if they can get Gallant, assuming he didn't do something absurd to warrant this canning, maybe this is the move to make.
                                My wife saw on The Athletic that there are rumblings about Stevie wanting Lane Lambert.

Gallant's ties to the Red Wings makes him a very interesting potential choice (another long lost Wing coming home), and he seems to have turned his career around after the quick ego boost in the QMJHL. Starting from scratch (VKG) is a little easier (IMO) than trying to figure out which pieces to keep or move (ie: DET rebuild).

I do agree that firing Blashill now is the wrong decision. Depending on how long the rebuild is, it might be easier to pay Blashill to just ride it out for another year or two than to hire someone just to take the fall, or for Gallant/Lambert/Whoever to struggle for three years if the rebuild stumbles. (Unless Gallant is going to be the fall guy for two/three years?)
                                Last edited by aparch; 01-15-2020, 09:40 PM.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X