Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    Good. A device was installed to keep his heart beating. Pacemaker? Heart pump? Might be a career ender. His Dad was in the stands. Hats off to the trainers and team doctor who save his life. And hats off to the NHL for having defibrillators on the benches.
    More like a pacemaker. It is an implantable cardioverter defibrillator, which gives a little shock when the heart gets out of rhythm to get it back in sync.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Paul Bissonette, to Dan Carcillo, on the Tweeter, tonight:

Paul Bissonnette
      @BizNasty2point0
      ·
      40m
      Remember when you used to call me a ni**er in the locker room every day in Wilkes-Barre? Remember when you had a sauwastika embroidered on a robe underneath the hood you wore in an NHL locker room until the captain found out and talked some sense into you? Welcome to the mud Dan.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Car bomb is a self admitted "racist piece of sh**," who is trying to make amends after being scared straight with CTE injuries, so I wonder what caused Biz to go off.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Car bomb is a self admitted "racist piece of sh**," who is trying to make amends after being scared straight with CTE injuries, so I wonder what caused Biz to go off.
          an interview (flattering) in the Globe and Mail. I think the word to describe BizNasty is "driven" : be it hockey, business, sex, drugs etc.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Penguins uniforms today are Gorgeous.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Penguins uniforms today are Gorgeous.
              Photos or it never happened.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My guess? BizNasty is making bank on vodka and Carcillo is jealous and said something.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The BizNasty interview:
                  https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...came-the-most/

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Panarin of the Rangers scored a controversial shootout goal against the Wild last night.

Review said he kept the puck moving. I'm sure Wild fans think differently.
                    As a Rangers fan, I honestly couldn't believe it wasn't called off. Definitely looked like some backwards movement to me as well. NHL missing a lot of calls this year....
                    Utica Pioneers Hockey
                    2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                    2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                    2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                    2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Thanks Sic, I didn't see that. So, it just seems like there was a little bit from everyone involved.

I took a listen to Biz's podcast this morning to hear his side, and it seems like its:
                      -Carcillo had a hint of petty for how big Biz & Whitney's podcast is. (It has a large following because of the combo of Biz and Barstool)
                      -Biz is sick of Carcillo preaching like a choir boy when he's really a priest. (Even though Carcillo's admitted his wrongdoings)
                      -Both have battled CTE demons and know exactly where the other has been/is at.
                      -Rabid "Bro" fans of both are stupid.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Thanks Sic, I didn't see that. So, it just seems like there was a little bit from everyone involved.

I took a listen to Biz's podcast this morning to hear his side, and it seems like its:
                        -Carcillo had a hint of petty for how big Biz & Whitney's podcast is. (It has a large following because of the combo of Biz and Barstool)
                        -Biz is sick of Carcillo preaching like a choir boy when he's really a priest. (Even though Carcillo's admitted his wrongdoings)
                        -Both have battled CTE demons and know exactly where the other has been/is at.
                        -Rabid "Bro" fans of both are stupid.
                        My understanding is Carcillo has a problem with Biz continuing the "bro" mentality, which he feels is responsible for a lot of the problems in hockey. Which, of course, Biz would not say in front of his fans.

Also, just to clarify - CTE is only diagnosed post-mortem. What they have is PCS (persistent concussion symptoms). They may have CTE also, but there's no way to know (yet).

I haven't watched the NHL in years, but I follow Carcillo on Twitter, because I appreciate his open and honest discussion about how concussions have affected him, and what he's trying to do to spread awareness and get people to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Also, just to clarify - CTE is only diagnosed post-mortem. What they have is PCS (persistent concussion symptoms). They may have CTE also, but there's no way to know (yet).
                          Strangely enough, Alzheimer's can only be positively diagnosed post-mortem also. A living person suffers from “possible Alzheimer’s dementia” or has “probable Alzheimer’s dementia”.

As smart as we think we are we still really don't know squat about the human brain.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Thank you all! Appreciate the corrections and explanations.

I will agree that my opinion of Carcillo has been a 180 from what I thought of him as a player, and he has had some good insight as of late.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Edina is the center of US hockey universe!! Eat cake Detroit

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ockey-universe

Comment

Flying to Vegas tomorrow, going to the Bolts/Knights game Thursday. Really looking forward to the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X