Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    One of them is Bobby Bonilla...
    Well played.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      One of them is Bobby Bonilla...
      Is another one Rick DiPietro?
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Is another one Rick DiPietro?
        No, Ricky DP is paid $1.5m/yr through 2029 by the Islanders.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          No, Ricky DP is paid $1.5m/yr through 2029 by the Islanders.
          That would be nice. I could use $1.5M.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

“ BREAKING: Former NHL forward Jeremy Roenick was indefinitely suspended by NBC Sports on Monday following sexually charged comments he made about his co-workers on a podcast. The suspension comes after Roenick appeared on the "Spittin' Chiclets" podcast, where the hockey commentator suggested that he wanted to sleep with fellow hosts Kathryn Tappen and Patrick Sharp.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...bout-coworkers

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              “ BREAKING: Former NHL forward Jeremy Roenick was indefinitely suspended by NBC Sports on Monday following sexually charged comments he made about his co-workers on a podcast. The suspension comes after Roenick appeared on the "Spittin' Chiclets" podcast, where the hockey commentator suggested that he wanted to sleep with fellow hosts Kathryn Tappen and Patrick Sharp.”

Plenty of Angry White Dudes on the Tweeter machine earlier tonight were having typical Angry White Dude opinions about this move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

He deserves the suspension, but I’m not sure how thrilled I would be if I was Tappen or Sharp. I, and I’m assuming quite a few other people, never heard about this until they suspended him.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  He deserves the suspension, but I’m not sure how thrilled I would be if I was Tappen or Sharp. I, and I’m assuming quite a few other people, never heard about this until they suspended him.
                  He did get into bc
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Statement from Kathryn Tappen on Jeremy Roenick: “While Jeremy and I continue to be good friends, what he said was unacceptable, especially among workplace colleagues. I do not condone his comments.”
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Statement from Kathryn Tappen on Jeremy Roenick: “While Jeremy and I continue to be good friends, what he said was unacceptable, especially among workplace colleagues. I do not condone his comments.”
                      This will blow over. He'll recover and be fine. 🙄

It was a stupid thing to say, but it's not career-ending like one of the Hollywood rapes.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        This is a classic case of private reaction / public reaction.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In Detroit right now:

Frans Nielsen: 0 goals, 3 assists

Abdelkader: 0 goals, 3 assists

Bernier: 0 goals, 3 assist... WAIT, WHAT?

Comment

Nielsen scored a goal Friday night against the Panthers...
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Nielsen scored a goal Friday night against the Panthers...
                              Then the meme I saw needs to be updated. I guess he takes the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                In Detroit right now:

Frans Nielsen: 0 goals, 3 assists

Abdelkader: 0 goals, 3 assists

Bernier: 0 goals, 3 assist... WAIT, WHAT?
                                Abs needed to be released three seasons ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X