Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    For a 2 minute roughing penalty?
    Should have also been a game misconduct. Charging and hitting a defenseless player after the whistle should be considered just as bad as what Beebe did.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019/2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
      Should have also been a game misconduct. Charging and hitting a defenseless player after the whistle should be considered just as bad as what Beebe did.
      Strongly disagree. Robinson was sticking up for her injured teammate after Beebe's brutal hit, in the last minute of play no less. The referee got it right when he assessed Beebe 5 for boarding + 10 for a game misconduct vs. a 2 minute minor for roughing on Robinson.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Strongly disagree. Robinson was sticking up for her injured teammate after Beebe's brutal hit, in the last minute of play no less. The referee got it right when he assessed Beebe 5 for boarding + 10 for a game misconduct vs. a 2 minute minor for roughing on Robinson.
        I’ve watch the play several times on TV and (1) Robinson hits Beebe just as hard into the boards as Beebe hit Shearan, it’s just that Beebe got lifted over the boards instead of driven into them and (2) sticking up for your teammate is meaningless in terms of the rules. It might be admirable but it should have no bearing on the consequences. Both are dangerous plays and should be punished as such.

Comment

I think we've each made our case, and we'll just have to "agree to disagree".
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I think we've each made our case, and we'll just have to "agree to disagree".
            Agreed!

Comment

I’ve watch the play several times on TV and (1) Robinson hits Beebe just as hard into the boards as Beebe hit Shearan.
              No, she did not. The sound of Beebe's hit on Shearen turned a noisy arena deathly silent. I was sitting 15 feet away, and Robinson's punches thrown at Beebe didn't make any noise.

Comment

Agreed!
                Looked to me like she was pitchforked and driven to the boards at a very dangerous spot 3 feet from the boards. I get that your mad because your team is on the wrong side of the score but seriously? watching in slow mo you can tell that she was focused on getting to the red line to dump the puck and was already going off balance because she was just about to let the puck go. Giving someone an extra shove at the end of a game in front of your own net while the other team is trying to run up the score is one thing but that just looked stupid. What also looked pretty stupid to me was when #8 decided that kicking a gopher in the back while laying on the ice in a pile in front of the net was a good idea. Not many saw it but I did because I was sitting close with young kids. When young ones gasp and point it's either a great pass or goal or in this case stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                  Looked to me like she was pitchforked and driven to the boards at a very dangerous spot 3 feet from the boards. I get that your mad because your team is on the wrong side of the score but seriously? watching in slow mo you can tell that she was focused on getting to the red line to dump the puck and was already going off balance because she was just about to let the puck go. Giving someone an extra shove at the end of a game in front of your own net while the other team is trying to run up the score is one thing but that just looked stupid. What also looked pretty stupid to me was when #8 decided that kicking a gopher in the back while laying on the ice in a pile in front of the net was a good idea. Not many saw it but I did because I was sitting close with young kids. When young ones gasp and point it's either a great pass or goal or in this case stupid.
                  And what did the children think of Robinson’s run after the play was over? Not excusing the original hit, just saying both were inexcusable.

Comment

And what did the children think of Robinson’s run after the play was over? Not excusing the original hit, just saying both were inexcusable.
                    Kicking someone in the back when you don't know it's coming. Not even close to the same. Seems you are making excuses for Beaver behavior.

Comment

Video link?

Comment

I’ve watch the play several times on TV and (1) Robinson hits Beebe just as hard into the boards as Beebe hit Shearan, it’s just that Beebe got lifted over the boards instead of driven into them
                        you answered your own question, they are not the same
                        being pushed into an immovable object is different than being pushed over it
                        and apparently the person whose opinion matters, saw it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Video link?
                          You can check the 5:27 mark of the 3rd. You could also check the 6:58 mark of the first if you like crosschecks to the face. Just saw that one scrolling through the video at +10sec clips. shocked to see it was #18 that did that as well.

Comment

Does the WCHA or NCAA have any sort of 'third man in' rule that would apply to Robinson?

Though the play is somewhat obscured on the BTN camera by the near side board, I see a fairly egregious slash/trip from Beebe that is dangerous enough to warrant the 5 minute. But I can't infer the level of intent that one can clearly infer from Robinson coming in to make the hit on Beebe.

Suspension for both, or neither. IMO and FWIW

Comment

I hope you don't think that Bebe was not expecting that at all. I really think your just trying to see both sides of it so I get it but after that one moment in time everything else is just reactionary which is not excusable but explainable just like I think #8's punch at Robinson from the bench is explainable. I do know one thing for sure and everyone can agree on this, an injury to any player is very unfortunate and in the women's game head injuries should try to be avoided at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                                shocked to see it was #18 that did that as well.
                                Interestingly, both Beebe and Robinson wear #18, so that isn't all that helpful. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X