Minnesota Gophers 2019/2020 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019/2020 Season Thread

Strong rumor out that Frost has filled his goalie gap with grad-transfer Bench from Bemidji State. Think those games might have extra hype for BSU next year?

Comment

Where did that news break such that two people posted it the same minute? I'm guessing that means that the WCHA's sit-a-year rule doesn't apply to grad transfers? A senior is definitely a good fit compared to a frosh, with two sophomores and another recruit coming in a year. I don't see it as being a big upgrade over Scobee though, in that Bench was quite inconsistent from game to game. Bench can be very good when she's on, but the same could be said of Scobee. In fairness, I've usually watched her playing against UM, so that might be much of the problem.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

This article from back in Feb (credit to Iceburg for posting it on GPL) gives information about what Bench is planning to do from an academic point of view. Very impressive.

Was also wondering if this is who D2D was thinking it was as far as the transfer to Minnesota.
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-01-2020, 08:33 AM.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Was also wondering if this is who D2D was thinking it was as far as the transfer to Minnesota.
          To be honest I totally made that up, as a way to "stir the pot". I had no idea who it might be. Let's just call it an early April Fools joke.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            To be honest I totally made that up, as a way to "stir the pot".
            "Just a fly in the ointment"
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Same game with a different presentation:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki8n6FJk0EA

Or if you prefer how they got there:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj62cxNm9gQ
              I still don't understand why the arena is half full? Where are the east coast fans? Boston would likely have looked the same this year if the season would have continued.

Comment

The Whittemore Center is large enough that it is going to look sparse even with 3,000+ for the final. That was actually pretty good for BC playing a long-way-from-home Minnesota. I suppose there was more interest than usual in the Eagles completing perfection.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                X