Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Makenna Webster. Casey O'Brien.
    Webster especially is much more like Watts than Roque. Roque is the hard working, 200-foot, soul of this year’s WI team. Webster and O’Brien are nice additions however.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019/2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
      Webster especially is much more like Watts than Roque. Roque is the hard working, 200-foot, soul of this year’s WI team. Webster and O’Brien are nice additions however.
      "nice" LOL. You won't be using that word so loosely this time next year.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

"nice" LOL. You won't be using that word so loosely this time next year.
        I’ll give you that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
          I wasn't implying she or Casey were the same type of player as Roque, but each will score as many points as she did as a Fr and probably more. In fact those 2 will score more points that Mauermann and Roque did this year.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I wasn't implying she or Casey were the same type of player as Roque, but each will score as many points as she did as a Fr and probably more. In fact those 2 will score more points that Mauermann and Roque did this year.
            Probably but I also think they’ll be on the ice for more Goals Against than Roque so that could balance out a bit. I do admit to being completely enamored with Roque and quite possibly overestimating her importance. Between hearing other players talk about her, watching her play against Canada this year and seeing her in the WCHA, she won over my upmost respect and appreciation - even though I root for WI to lose every weekend!

Comment

Anyone else have GWH withdrawal symptoms? This might help a little.

https://youtu.be/v1YSBHVcg4g
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Anyone else have GWH withdrawal symptoms? This might help a little.

https://youtu.be/v1YSBHVcg4g
                Same game with a different presentation:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki8n6FJk0EA

Or if you prefer how they got there:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj62cxNm9gQ
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

https://***********/CapCareyWDT/stat...y&refsrc=email

Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

We have run out of closets to clean, I’m up to here with binge watching, I won’t be able to pick up the books I put on hold until the library reopens (sometime in April?), the dog refuses to go on yet another walk, and broadcast TV is… well, wasteland is too kind a word. Planting the veggie garden is still months away, and the only yard work I have been able to do is some tree trimming and cutting back some bushes. So, anyone up for projecting next year’s lines, or should that wait until the next GWH thread?

While I’m here, this old soldier who knows only too well what it is like to walk in harm’s way to protect those we love, wants to tip his hat to our brave medical professionals who are now walking in harm’s way to protect us. Among them are my sister, an RN, my brother, two sisters in law (one coming out of retirement) and two nieces – all MDs. I wish I could take this burden from you.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                      So, anyone up for projecting next year’s lines, or should that wait until the next GWH thread?
                      If you're feeling so inclined, then go ahead and start an offseason thread.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                        We have run out of closets to clean, I’m up to here with binge watching, I won’t be able to pick up the books I put on hold until the library reopens (sometime in April?), the dog refuses to go on yet another walk, and broadcast TV is… well, wasteland is too kind a word. Planting the veggie garden is still months away, and the only yard work I have been able to do is some tree trimming and cutting back some bushes. So, anyone up for projecting next year’s lines, or should that wait until the next GWH thread?

While I’m here, this old soldier who knows only too well what it is like to walk in harm’s way to protect those we love, wants to tip his hat to our brave medical professionals who are now walking in harm’s way to protect us. Among them are my sister, an RN, my brother, two sisters in law (one coming out of retirement) and two nieces – all MDs. I wish I could take this burden from you.
                        OldDave, yes tipping our hats to them and to you. Does your library lend books electronically? I use an app called Libby and read on my phone. Maybe something to consider if you get really desperate.

Comment

Mentioned as a possibility on GPL, that there may be a grad student goalie transfer in the works???
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Fun facts from gophersports.com "Season in Review: Look Back at 2019-20":

* Minnesota led the WCHA and ranked second in the nation at 92.1 percent (82-for-89) on the penalty kill this season.
                            * Grace Zumwinkle, Sarah Potomak, and Madeline Wethington each scored a team-best four game-winning goals.
                            * Minnesota was 24-1-1 when leading at the second intermission this season.
                            * When allowing only one goal this season, Minnesota was perfect at 8-0-0.
                            * Amy Potomak and Alex Woken tied for the team lead with four power-play goals each.
                            * Sarah Potomak led the WCHA with a +39 plus/minus rating while Olivia Knowles led all WCHA defense at +35 for the year.
                            * Gracie Ostertag led the team and ranked 15th in the WCHA with 50 blocked shots.
                            * Grace Zumwinkle and Amy Potomak each had at least one point in 26 of 36 games this season.
                            * All six of the Gophers' losses this season were to WCHA opponents.

One takeaway from this: the team needs to improve their shot blocking.

Comment

A glimpse back...41-0

https://youtu.be/nZJpmdu01tg

Comment

I just heard Lauren Bench committed to Gophers. Post Grad from BSU with 1 year eligibility left. That helps on goalie depth!

Comment

Working...
                                X