• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-3 win over Maine

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_19.html
    Many/many Maine fans are thinking the same: what? and why? For QU you may not have to worry about Swayman next season...that is if Maine/QU are schedule to play...as it could be that Swayman leaves after his Junior season and begins his career with Boston...that being playing up the ranks of the ECHL/AHL...but then if he stays for his Senior season...don't worry Gendron will sit him both games...can't play a game changer...nope. Many-many hoping that this is Gendron's >>> last season. Good Luck the rest of the season as I like your Program and Head Coach...since they were the "Braves"..!

Comment

Hi again everyone! The ECAC schedule begins this Friday, so you only have two days remaining to submit your entry to this year's ECAC Pick The Standings Contest. Follow the link and all you need to do is project the final standings and see how well your predictions match up with other fans on the board along with the media and coaches over the course of the season. I hope to see you all there!
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Many/many Maine fans are thinking the same: what? and why? For QU you may not have to worry about Swayman next season...that is if Maine/QU are schedule to play...as it could be that Swayman leaves after his Junior season and begins his career with Boston...that being playing up the ranks of the ECHL/AHL...but then if he stays for his Senior season...don't worry Gendron will sit him both games...can't play a game changer...nope. Many-many hoping that this is Gendron's >>> last season. Good Luck the rest of the season as I like your Program and Head Coach...since they were the "Braves"..!
        Fear & Loathing in Hamden!? Sure would crown a great season if KP is in goal at Little Caesar's Arena for F4! Unfortunately, I have not seen much hockey this season but the few minutes I saw lacked the 'battle bot' play I saw a lot of last season. Early season play forgiven, but things are going to get reason.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Vermont Catamounts

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...atamounts.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Sunday game day.

Vermont, like Maine last weekend, has a so-so team with a stud goaltender. We need to crerate traffic in front and pepper the net with shots. Offense needs to be relentless and keep pressure on in the ofeensive zone.

Our D needs to step up and help KP (or Fear if he gets the start). Need to keep bodies away from the front of the net and clear loose pucks.

Gotta play a full 60 minutes both ways.

Go Q!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Sunday game day.

Vermont, like Maine last weekend, has a so-so team with a stud goaltender. We need to crerate traffic in front and pepper the net with shots. Offense needs to be relentless and keep pressure on in the ofeensive zone.

Our D needs to step up and help KP (or Fear if he gets the start). Need to keep bodies away from the front of the net and clear loose pucks.

Gotta play a full 60 minutes both ways.

Go Q!
              They played 60 minutes. Can't fault much in a 4-0 win but Vermont played like they were tired, bit off. Bobcats were back in BattleBot form, especially with nice breakaway from the Captain.

On PP, they were not effective, even with 5:3. Noticed they had trouble moving the puck around from side - top - other side. If they cold bring it up and around to Wyatt, he sets up in the opposite circle and could get that shot off - but the puck seems to stop at Odeen at the top instead of redirecting to the circle where Wyatt could get a shot on a moving defense....other than that, you have to like what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                They played 60 minutes.
                That they did. KP was the best I've seen him in net. Calm, well positioned, great rebound control. Of course, UVM had very few good looks thanks to some good D play.

PP needs more shots and less passing. Put the puck on net more.

All in all a great effort today.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

That they did. KP was the best I've seen him in net. Calm, well positioned, great rebound control. Of course, UVM had very few good looks thanks to some good D play.

PP needs more shots and less passing. Put the puck on net more.

All in all a great effort today.
                  Great Effort, that was a different team today. Less panic under pressure, better passing, scrappy in the battles. Hopefully this is a good launching spot for the rest of the year. Off to the desert!

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                    Great Effort, that was a different team today. Less panic under pressure, better passing, scrappy in the battles. Hopefully this is a good launching spot for the rest of the year. Off to the desert!
                    I agree. D zone was much better. The quick transitions out of the D zone were as good as any last year. One thing which was interesting, not one D....not even Dilly, pushed/skated the puck up. Everything was immediate transition out via stretch or 2 pass. Have to believe that was the coaches stepping up and saying...."we lock down and exit our own end first and foremost."

Still a little snake bitten on the goals, could have been 6-7 rip. Yet this has been two top tendies last couple weeks. Play like this, no reason they can't find success out west.

Comment

It was a great game for the new kids to gain confidence. Most notable to me was Jayden Lee. He wasn't afraid to take on Vermont's big boys, and he handled the puck well.

Still waiting for Guus to break out. He had some good looks today and got an assist. I think if he gets one, his game will pick up.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-0 win over Vermont

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_28.html
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

It was a great game for the new kids to gain confidence. Most notable to me was Jayden Lee. He wasn't afraid to take on Vermont's big boys, and he handled the puck well.

Still waiting for Guus to break out. He had some good looks today and got an assist. I think if he gets one, his game will pick up.
                          I think Guus and Skyler are going to be really good for next couple years if they hang around. Fletcher as well. I think OC is the odd man out when Alex returns. I think he adds a little toughness out there and can get the garbage in front of the net. I like the way this team is built and hope they continue to come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most notable to me was Jayden Lee. He wasn't afraid to take on Vermont's big boys, and he handled the puck well.
                            love this kid. has a rocket shot, especially for his size. he uses leverage well to battle for pucks on the boards while almost always being the smaller player. he will settle in and be good QB for PP2 - he's one of the few that seems to shoot first and ask questions later. getting whelan back will also be nice for PP shot attempt woes.

Comment

Rafferty is playing very well for the Utica Comets.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Game day in the desert.

The guys need to build on last weekend's success. Hopefully the D has shored up some of the little things they've been lacking. Offense needs to put pucks on net. A solid 60 minutes both ways...

Go Q!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X