Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

could you tell me about Cukste's play? he's not being a much talked about prospect ...thx

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
      While the teams in front of them have 1 or 2 games in hand, Quinnipiac is now 1 point off the lead in the ECAC.

I guess the sky isn't falling anymore. One of these years people are going to realize that Rand knows what he's doing.
      Agreed with this.....Next week they have a golden chance to get into second place and maybe even first place with some luck.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
        could you tell me about Cukste's play? he's not being a much talked about prospect ...thx
        Karlis has been a solid contributor on defense. As they say, if you're not hearing about him he must be ok. He has a couple of goals from the blue line as well. He will be another big loss after this season.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I guess the sky isn't falling anymore. One of these years people are going to realize that Rand knows what he's doing.
          Never doubted Rand's abilities... just didn't get warm fuzzies that the team would gel in time to right the ship. You have to admit there was some really shaky play over the first couple of months.

The effort in the last 4 games has been outstanding. Visibly different from before. They responded to whatever the staff was preaching and now they know they can compete.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Never doubted Rand's abilities... just didn't get warm fuzzies that the team would gel in time to right the ship. You have to admit there was some really shaky play over the first couple of months.

The effort in the last 4 games has been outstanding. Visibly different from before. They responded to whatever the staff was preaching and now they know they can compete.
            They were very shaky early in the season, no question about it. They're just so young this year, I had a pretty strong suspicion they'd improve as the year went on. Now it looks like that's starting to happen.

Comment

They were very shaky early in the season, no question about it. They're just so young this year, I had a pretty strong suspicion they'd improve as the year went on. Now it looks like that's starting to happen.
              Same here Seth. I knew they'd figure it out... wasn't sure of the "when". You know me well enough to know that I would never give up on the team, but sometimes the realities are different from the perception.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Weekend in Review: Harvard & Dartmouth

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...dartmouth.html
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Same here Seth. I knew they'd figure it out... wasn't sure of the "when". You know me well enough to know that I would never give up on the team, but sometimes the realities are different from the perception.
                  The early season weakness, "youth", could end up being the post season "strength" and game changer. I questioned the lack of size on Defense of Zach and Jayden Lee, but I saw the merits of Zach's play with his big shots and improving positioning on defense, as they coalesced as a team - and similarly with Jayden Lee, whoa, the kids got some skates!

Have to give credit to goalie coach, too....likely made the point on defensemen positioning along with helping KP, who is making the Red Wings hope lightening strikes and they see him in the Frozen Four at Little Caesars....nice job Rand, Billy & Joe.....

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                    Weekend in Review: Harvard & Dartmouth

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...dartmouth.html
                    Jonathan, I am a very committed Yankee fan and came to hockey later in life but your comments along with others sharing their thoughts on this board are taking my evening weekends and making them college hokey nights!! At some point I hope to get to Hamden to see a game but I've seen them in small rinks and this team over several games and years but the team we saw this weekend played at an energy level I cannot recall. Also. You can see budding "Sam Annis-ish" and "Peca-like" speed and talent coming out over 4-5 players up front and the defense blossoming and all in front of KP, who right now makes you think hard about The Hartzell/Garteig and Shortridge show! I think we see enough tof start thinking well beyond Cleary Cup!! It is all about moving their legs!! They took my breath away this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                      Jonathan, I am a very committed Yankee fan and came to hockey later in life but your comments along with others sharing their thoughts on this board are taking my evening weekends and making them college hokey nights!! At some point I hope to get to Hamden to see a game but I've seen them in small rinks and this team over several games and years but the team we saw this weekend played at an energy level I cannot recall. Also. You can see budding "Sam Annis-ish" and "Peca-like" speed and talent coming out over 4-5 players up front and the defense blossoming and all in front of KP, who right now makes you think hard about The Hartzell/Garteig and Shortridge show! I think we see enough tof start thinking well beyond Cleary Cup!! It is all about moving their legs!! They took my breath away this weekend.
                      The last time I witnessed this team play that dominate a game was in the UConn tourney a few years ago in Hartford against Sacred Heart. The team never left the offensive zone in the second period. Before the third period the entire crowd got up and moved behind the SHU goalie to watch the action. It was so obvious the goalie came out to start the third and just looked at the crowd and laughed. He got beat 5-0 and still was named to the tourney team. He made 50 saves on 55 shots on net that night.

SHU was no way the caliber of Harvard and Dartmouth. If this team can put together a weekend in the north country like they did this past weekend, watch out. The puzzle Rand is building is taking shape.

I was a bit surprised to not see them in the USCHO too 20, I guess they were pretty far down before. The gap between them and the other ARV teams is telling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                        I was a bit surprised to not see them in the USCHO too 20, I guess they were pretty far down before. The gap between them and the other ARV teams is telling as well.
                        The poll is still too subjective at this point in the season. Harvard gets spanked and ties in OT and they only drop 2 spots. While I'd like to see the team in the poll, I have no problem flying under the radar for a while. The PWR is the only metric that matters.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          The poll is still too subjective at this point in the season. Harvard gets spanked and ties in OT and they only drop 2 spots. While I'd like to see the team in the poll, I have no problem flying under the radar for a while. The PWR is the only metric that matters.
                          Very true, and another strong weekend will improve that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                            Very true, and another strong weekend will improve that as well.

They got decent number of votes, and if this northern trip pans out, they will sneak in. They'll have to handle SLU on a Friday night and Clarkson will be very tough. They lost to RIT so they won't be taking Bobcats for granted.

I want to do some checking on how many teams have over 15 Freshman and Sophs and correlate their records.

Providence has 19; Northeastern has over 15, but I think this hyper puck hunting/eating Game takes great energy and the same selfless effort a buck private has being a point man on a patrol.

Rands grand slammers are wave after wave with some adult supervision on ice and this is a group showing ability to learn and morph into a winning team. Like our Yankees!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post

I want to do some checking on how many teams have over 15 Freshman and Sophs and correlate their records.

Providence has 19; Northeastern has over 15, but I think this hyper puck hunting/eating Game takes great energy and the same selfless effort a buck private has being a point man on a patrol.
                              Great point. Cannot remember a game this year, never mind two with that many high quality blocked shots. Lots of energy this weekend, (and ice on Sunday).

Comment

Recruit for next year. https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...43/nick-bochen
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X