• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    What. A. Game.

Great 60 minute effort. And 2 PPG's!
    The snipers woke up. Best game of the season. Mark, congrats on your engagement.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      What. A. Game.

Great 60 minute effort. And 2 PPG's!
      If that’s the click we were waiting for, WOW. 1st period was solid, I thought the second was the best period of the year, until I saw the third. Let’s hope they bring that tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
        Impressive and enjoyable win. Has this team turned the corner?
        Starting to smell like a team.

DeJong really has evolved nicely with Odeen!

Too much good team play to cite individuals, but KP is having a great season.

Granted, Harvard on a slide and without key player - but this one was surely an over confident Harvard running into a team that was finally coalescing....some very good hockey players stepping up finally delivering depth.

Dartmouth could be tough, but this team comes out hot like they should after making this statement tonight - they become the hot 2nd half team we all have been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by QU FAN Jim F View Post
          Mark, congrats on your engagement.
          Thanks Jim!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
            If that’s the click we were waiting for, WOW. 1st period was solid, I thought the second was the best period of the year, until I saw the third. Let’s hope they bring that tomorrow.
            They certainly got better as the game wore on. Harvard had no answer for us in the 3rd. Defense was stifling all night and their only real mistake was on the Crimson goal. They ate a ton of rubber and had excellent positioning and stick work. That allowed the offense to set up off transition. A really solid effort... best of the year so far.

That stretch in the 2nd when both teams were going end to end was some of the most entertaining hockey I've seen. Seemed to gas Harvard but we never let up.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
              KP is having a great season
              He can carry this team with the way he's been playing.

Tonight I thought the best player on the ice was Whelan. He was a beast, hunting pucks and aggressive on the forecheck. Probably his best game as a Bobcat.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Rumors of Quinnipiac's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Go Q!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  Rumors of Quinnipiac's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Go Q!
                  The biggest thing to me was no let-up at all. Whelan played a great game and so did Nick Jermaine...he does anything he can, uses whatever tool he can - he played like there was no tomorrow.

Ethan De Jong & Odeen clearly have something in their play last night. Their sense of where each other are on the ice was apparent and resulted in assists and goals for each of them.

Karlis was his usual, very solid play all around.

The newer names on the ice, all made solid contributions.

Rand, Joe & Bill matched lines beautifully, especially anticipating Harvard changes - that is coaching.

Finally, this was a 'revenge-game' no doubt and ignited this team and if they can get past Dartmouth tonight, the word will get out that the sleeping giant has been awakened, or maybe it is just KP!

Someday I would like to see a game up there!

Comment

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                    The biggest thing to me was no let-up at all. Whelan played a great game and so did Nick Jermaine...he does anything he can, uses whatever tool he can - he played like there was no tomorrow.

Ethan De Jong & Odeen clearly have something in their play last night. Their sense of where each other are on the ice was apparent and resulted in assists and goals for each of them.

Karlis was his usual, very solid play all around.

The newer names on the ice, all made solid contributions.

Rand, Joe & Bill matched lines beautifully, especially anticipating Harvard changes - that is coaching.

Finally, this was a 'revenge-game' no doubt and ignited this team and if they can get past Dartmouth tonight, the word will get out that the sleeping giant has been awakened, or maybe it is just KP!

Someday I would like to see a game up there!
                    Honestly I think it starts with KP. As he’s become more solid, the team has felt more confident to play their aggressive game. I thought it was interesting that Harvard tried to pressure the puck on the PP to initiate the panic we’ve been used to this year and the team ate them up. That was a big confidence boost.

Watching a bit of the Dartmouth / Princeton game and it looked to have a lot of back and forth, hopefully that plus the 3 hour drive to Hamden will help level they energy that QU expended last evening.

Can’t wait for tonight. Let’s Go Bobcats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great win for Q-Pac, and I see for you also Mark !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

This is a team that is going to be a tough out for any team come March.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          This is a team that is going to be a tough out for any team come March.
                          Early in the season I wrote that I thought they'd get better as the season went on, and it looks like that is starting to happen.

Comment

After a sluggish start they found their legs and put in another solid effort. Dartmouth had no answers. Two more PPG's and a solid performance by KP.

A huge 4 point weekend puts us tied for 3rd with Harvard. Another huge weekend upcoming in the north country. Keep the bus rolling boys!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              After a sluggish start they found their legs and put in another solid effort. Dartmouth had no answers. Two more PPG's and a solid performance by KP.

A huge 4 point weekend puts us tied for 3rd with Harvard. Another huge weekend upcoming in the north country. Keep the bus rolling boys!
                              The contributors on this board have provided the suggestions and guidance that the coaching staff and players needed to turn things around, or the conspicuous absence of the teletubbies are the key to a Frozen Four drive!

This team shows deep talent! I all-in now!

Comment

While the teams in front of them have 1 or 2 games in hand, Quinnipiac is now 1 point off the lead in the ECAC.

I guess the sky isn't falling anymore. One of these years people are going to realize that Rand knows what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X