Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

2nd period was not pretty.
    Let's Go Bobcats!
    Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
      not a single assist or goal off a good pass. that has been the story all season.
      Did you not see Tufto's goal. Great pass from Whelan.

Overall, you're right. Something missing from the offensive attack.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Beautiful pass by Tufto for the 3rd goal.

That knee on knee did not look good.
        Let's Go Bobcats!
        Go Blue!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Did you not see Tufto's goal. Great pass from Whelan.

Overall, you're right. Something missing from the offensive attack.
          Hi Mark, Odeen's PP pass to Wyatt was what I have been waiting for from these two all season. If Odeen can feed Wyatt, and get the Defense watching Wyatt - it will open up more chances for Odeen, also.

Princeton was flat. I watched that Corey Antonovich hit bunch of times and initially it looked like he wound up and took a shot which would have been DQ++ but he was trying to move out of the way. Antonovich is a tough kid but not a hack, either.

OK, admittedly, I have been looking to vent about this year's team for a while and if this team is gong to win, Odeen and Wyatt need to get things going. Hope Desi Burgart is OK!! I need some objective analysis from you guys to see through my own frustrations with this team's lack of ability pass and score at an elite level.

Comment

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Putting Odeen with Alex and Nick generated some energy. Odeen could have had 3 tonight. Couple really bad luck bounces.

KP was big, probably won that game for us tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For their first game in a month I thought they looked ok. A little on their heels in the 2nd but overall they clearly outplayed the Tigers. KP was huge... it looks like he has found his game, and he didn't have any letdown with the long break. If he can keep us in games the offense will come around. Tufto looked great tonight. If he gets uncorked watch out.

A very different look on D tonight with Chorney getting the start instead of Logan Britt. They did a good job keeping Princeton's chances to the outside. Looked like Metsa and Lee had really good games and it was niceto see Lee net his first. He's got a hell of a shot and need to unload from the point more often.

Brind'Amour and Van Nes didn't appear to be playing very hard. They're both big boys and need to use their size, especially down low.

It was a good effort that they can build off. Need to come out hard tomorrow night and go for the sweep. Points are very important right now... can't afford to leave any on the table as we head into the meat of the ECAC schedule.

Can't wait to be back at the rink tomorrow.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

When Desi was being tended to in the ice, from my vantage point it looked like Riga was getting into it with the PU coaches. After the game Rand looked visibly agitated talking to the PU coach. Couldn’t tell what was being said but it didn’t appear as though they were exchanging cookie recipes.

I hope Desi is ok. He didn’t look to be putting any weight on his leg as he was helped off the ice. Also hope QU maintains composure tonight. It was nice seeming a penalty free night.

Wonder if we see Winslow or OC replace Desi tonight or if maybe Leyh moves into one of the lines and Rand skates an extra DMan.

Again, Hope Desi returns to the lineup soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                  When Desi was being tended to in the ice, from my vantage point it looked like Riga was getting into it with the PU coaches. After the game Rand looked visibly agitated talking to the PU coach. Couldn’t tell what was being said but it didn’t appear as though they were exchanging cookie recipes.

I hope Desi is ok. He didn’t look to be putting any weight on his leg as he was helped off the ice. Also hope QU maintains composure tonight. It was nice seeming a penalty free night.

Wonder if we see Winslow or OC replace Desi tonight or if maybe Leyh moves into one of the lines and Rand skates an extra DMan.

Again, Hope Desi returns to the lineup soon.

KP, Zach Metsa tonight!

Zach Metsa is becoming a very good hockey player. He brings the puck out and is a very smooth passer! I also like Jayden Leyh and Whelan on the line together. The three of them passed beautifully and seem to now each other very well. Their play to me, was the highlight that I have been looking for to see some part of this team gel. Too much one-timers without rebounds. Too many missed passes, missed passing opportunities but at least they are shooting the puck.

KP continues to impress and one of the Princeton goals, our disarrayed defense blocked him out. Wyatt and Peter are not the players they were last season, but maybe they are starting to re emerge from a sophomore slump. They brought lot of youthful energy to a mature team last season. Now, the guy I am watching mature in front of us is Zach Meta. I have done a 180 on his play so far this season and I see a nice finesse player growing with Jayden Leyh....Mr. Whelan is a leader and has been a very good hockey player for us.... a rough 4 point weekend..not happy about the way it is coming about.....but I think we found some of the tweaks Rand is playing with is working, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                    Jayden Leyh
                    I think you mean Ethan Leyh (14). Jayden Lee (15) is the fiesty little defenseman who also had a huge weekend.

Great comeback win tonight. When they went down 2-0 I thought that was it, but they found another gear and motored through it. Metsa was a stud tonight. We need secondary scoring and he provided that tonight. Solid performance by KP. None of the goals were his fault and he made some huge saves, notably the stoning of Tapatigh coming in alone out of the box. If e can keep this up, and the offense can find some more scoring, this team can turn things around.

Anyone know what the delay was after Dilly's goal? Rand was adamant about something and the refs took a long time in review.

Big scrum between Jermain and Princeton's Adanovski at the final buzzer. Some carry over from last night perhaps as Adanovski is the one who took out Burghart. Don't see any penalties in the final box so everything should be ok.

Again, an impressive effort in the comeback win. Huge 4 point weekend! Bring on the Crimson and Big Green!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

Anyone know what the delay was after Dilly's goal? Rand was adamant about something and the refs took a long time in review.
                      I thought I saw the Referee call time out before they reviewed the goal. If PU called timeout, and challenged the goal and lost, since they would have had no timeout to lose, maybe Rand wanted a penalty called? Wild guess.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                        I thought I saw the Referee call time out before they reviewed the goal. If PU called timeout, and challenged the goal and lost, since they would have had no timeout to lose, maybe Rand wanted a penalty called? Wild guess.
                        He kept making a gesture with his fist... the Princeton player "punched" the puck just prior to Dilly burying it in the back of the net. My guess is he wanted something more as well. Guess I'll watch the replay to see if I can figure it out.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Guess I'll watch the replay to see if I can figure it out.
                          I did but couldn't. No explanation was given. Coppola thought it might be offsides but the linesmen did not got in to review. Then he guessed a high stick but none was evident on replay. Rand kept making that fist-push motion. Who knows? ECAC officiating at its best I suppose. Good goal, good game.

Also, congrats to Tufto on the 100 point mark.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

It was nice to be at the game. It's been too long.

I think this team skates well and plays hard the way Rand preaches to all of his teams. They are just not smooth in the offensive zone. They had close to 50 shots but how many were high danger scoring chances? Not nearly enough of them. If they can get some offense going they will win a good number of games in the 2nd half. I'm just not sure they will. Maybe Rand tinkering with the lines will find the answer.

Oh and KP had an excellent weekend. He finally seems to be reaching his potential.
                            Let's Go Bobcats!
                            Go Blue!

Comment

Weekend in Review: Quinnipiac vs Princeton

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...iac-vs_30.html
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Did we ever find out what that long review was about? It can't have been an offsides review as it was the refs who went in, not the linesmen.
                                Let's Go Bobcats!
                                Go Blue!

Comment

Working...
                                X