• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    so true....good!! we are all getting on this same page
    [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year no one saw Bobcats coming, this year most of us picked them in the top 3 in ECAC, including me.

Freshman & Sophs:
      Harvard 14...Cornell 12...Clarkson 12 ...RIT 13 Yale 12 Colgate 12

Bobcats 22 TWENTY TWO - - let's let this sink in......

OK, now I am all in with this. Next season, they will have a very powerful group and they will gel. Mark, you are so right...let them just play, have fun and I would love to see Rand smile once in a while....makes sense, you lose bunch of guys to NHL and time to rebuild. 2 fresh Battle Bots....!! Battle Kittens!
      Don't sleep on this year. I remember our first year in the ECAC with Fisher, Marshall, Leitsch, and a terrific freshman class. They were picked to finish last in the conference. Instead, they had more strong games than poor ones, an incredible opening weekend at the Civic Center and the NIP, had a long winning streak early in the year, but were forced on the road in the first round of the playoffs. Swept the first round and gave Colgate a real scare in the quarters. The next season they made a shocking trip to the ECAC final.

Sometimes young teams surprise, especially late in the season. Who knows how this year's team goes, but let's not just assume they're going to do nothing this year because they've few weekends. This team will probably be streaky and inconsistent, but there's plenty of runway left.

Comment

I would love to see Rand smile once in a while
        I don't think he's ever smiled behind the bench...
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
          Sometimes young teams surprise, especially late in the season. Who knows how this year's team goes, but let's not just assume they're going to do nothing this year because they've few weekends. This team will probably be streaky and inconsistent, but there's plenty of runway left.
          To clarify, I'm not giving up on these guys, nor do i think they'll do nothing. Simply pointing out my frustrations this far for a team that has a ton of talent, albeit on paper.

As had been said before, as fans we've tasted success and it has spoiled us. Our expectations are always high (as they should be). I'm sure this team will find its stride and when it does, watch out!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            To clarify, I'm not giving up on these guys, nor do i think they'll do nothing. Simply pointing out my frustrations this far for a team that has a ton of talent, albeit on paper.

As had been said before, as fans we've tasted success and it has spoiled us. Our expectations are always high (as they should be). I'm sure this team will find its stride and when it does, watch out!
            We have high expectations because our program has high expectations. They've proven to be one of the most well-run programs in college hockey. I'm OK with a down year if it happens, but I'm with you. We're just nowhere close to writing anything off yet. Long way to go, and we should all be patient.

Comment

Well... saw a lot to look forward to. Most of the new kids look solid. I was NOT impressed by the effort of Petruzelli. Once agin, he seemed to have a confidence problem after giving up a fluke goal (clearly not his fault). After that he was shaky at best. Evan Fear looked strong in relief in the 3rd and the team battled back to tie a game that they clealry could have and should have won.

I find it interesting that the season's opening weekend with AIC looms extremely large in terms of what this season will be. Anything less than a sweep could be devastating right out of the gate. I think we can survive a split but getting swept might just put us in a hole that will be hard to climb out of.

Anyway, it was great to be back at the rink and I do feel we have a legitimate shot to make some noise this season. Hopefully, the new guys will find their legs quickly and adapt to the systems. The upperclassmen need to come out of the gate strong and lead by example.

Like I said, lot's to look forward to... now they just need to put it all together on the ice.

ill guarantee you theses boys are strong. As is KP. give it a bit of time.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Union/RPI

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...-unionrpi.html
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Can't wait to see the new camo's in person! Hopefully they bring good luck.

Go Q!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Can't wait to see the new camo's in person! Hopefully they bring good luck.

Go Q!
                    And keep the Union Pucks out of the net

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                      And keep the Union Pucks out of the net
                      Good KP performance tonight and some good performance from others, too.

Karlis was so solid last few seasons and continues to be the Latvian Gift that keeps on giving! This is good win to build on.

Karlis is really a good player - I think he can make the young defense better, but they really need to get some size back there. Speed only wins when it is upright and not being slammed up against the glass. Also, this speed is not so much faster than any other team we have seen this season so right now, they may have sludge in the gas tank and with a speed edge, they are small team that still does not pass well enough to beat better teams. But, they will get better over the season and when it comes together, they will be a very young team. Hope they have some size in the pipeline coming in.

Comment

KP was the difference tonight. Made some huge save and stoned the 2 on 1 in the 2nd.

D was ok but still work to be done. Offense is still a work in progress but they did get a PPG. Poor Odeen couldn't even buy an empty netter tonight.

A good, gritty performance that they should be able to build on.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Character win lat night, IMO. The first period was a really poor period but give them credit for turning it around in the 2nd and 3rd. Hopefully, the can use those two periods to build some consistency as they have been wildly inconsistent period to period. Youth shows.

The bottom half of the defense is really young and you can see it. The top 3 guys looks good to me but things drop off fairly sharp. They will get better.

In the end - if they can give the effort like they did in the 2nd and 3rd consistently - they will battle in every game.

Comment

KP saw only a few pucks after the 1st, which could have been an issue but he stayed focused and made a few good saves.

I think if they win games, it will be like last evening, at least for a while. A little more chaos than there was flow, perhaps a lot more. Good to put up a W and build off of. Learning to be a gritty team will benefit them as they grow into a solid more fluid team.

Hopefully we get a 60 minute effort tonight. Still wouldn’t mind seeing Fear get a shot before the season gets too deep.

Rand said he changed the lines last night due to an injury. Anyone see who got hurt, how, what?

Also, better crowd showing than I expected.

Looking forward to tonight! Let’s Go Bobcats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              KP was the difference tonight. Made some huge save and stoned the 2 on 1 in the 2nd.

D was ok but still work to be done. Offense is still a work in progress but they did get a PPG. Poor Odeen couldn't even buy an empty netter tonight.
                              A good, gritty performance that they should be able to build on.
                              Why was that RPI goal waved off?

RoBoCats played more like last year's team. I like the line changes. Plus, fresh skaters added some pop. You can see the evolution beginning. Zach Metsa has a big shot and has been showing why he is on the ice, as an offensive capable defenseman. They skated better, nicer outlet passing, overall passing was better.

Lot of other contributors tonight all around. Still work in progress but we have to like what we see.

They played more like the team that was projected to be in the ECAC top half.

Good night guys.....

Comment

No reason for the wave off given to the crowd... will need to watch the replay to see for myself.

A full 60 minute effort with no panic. Granted, RPI wasn't very good but we needed a game like this. The line changes seemed to spark a few guys. Much more cohesive play and the D was great.

KP seemed to be tracking the puck well and made some key saves.

Nice to see Odeen score... gets the monkey off his back. Now he can play his game.

Overall a good weekend and 4 huge league points. Great confidence booster heading to Cornell & Colgate next weekend.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X