Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

found it, but sorry i did...went to RPI instagram site and there was link to YouTube site...Bobcats playing nostalgic, like it is November 2019...remember when this team was 3rd from last in the ECAC....?! Can only hope for the Bobcats of 2020 to show up for 3P.

Comment

a sorry looking team tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
        a sorry looking team tonight.
        Worst performance I’ve seen in years....so disappointing. Now they will have to win in LP to get into NCAA tournament. As soon as I saw Chip McDonald was doing the game I knew it would be facing two opponents.That 5-3 sealed it. I wonder what Q all time record is when he is on the ice?
        Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-21-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

What the heck was that? Totally uninspired performance. First ever shutout loss to RPI to boot. Now they have to win out and not only get to Placid, but win it to play in the post season.

Hopefully they can do some soul-searching tonight and come back a different team tomorrow...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            What the heck was that? Totally uninspired performance. First ever shutout loss to RPI to boot. Now they have to win out and not only get to Placid, but win it to play in the post season.

Hopefully they can do some soul-searching tonight and come back a different team tomorrow...
            That was UGLY.

‪37 shots on goal and I don’t think I saw Savory make a difficult save. Needed a big game and brought a dud. ‬

‪Hopefully they hold onto a top 4 spot. Harvard has 3 very winnable games left. RPI is 3 back with 6 pts to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
              Next year will be first year without a proven stud goaltender...Hartzel-Gartieg-Shortridge-KP. Saturday vs St Lawrence is a good spot for Fear to get the nod.
              At this pace he will be thrown into the fire with little experience next season. KP won’t be back with his recent performances and Detroit is probably knocking on his door now. Any recruits coming in to contend for minutes next year?
              **** off and join a real league.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                What does this comment mean?

I would call this game a melt-down game. Complete break down... Tough, long season with ups and downs. This was a reminder of the lowness of the young team.

A team that is based on good skaters that comes out flat and does not skate or pass well, is tentative and plays as tight as I think Rand Pecknold holds his real personality in check. Timing, spacing was off and I cannot recall a single good play in the 1.5 periods I could watch once I found the real loins to the RIP link.

Looking for some insight to this team's psyche. They spiraled since loss of Jayden Lee. That's the only thing different personnel wise. The defense looked lost, offense looked inept most of the time I saw them but credit RIP, they played a mature game of hockey.

Frankly, I don't know why they really lost the recipe last night or these past few weekends but it's more flailing than failing. Lot of clatter without the playmaking.

I look forward to the educated fan insights from you guys to clear my head out from this. I'm not going to watch Union, will miss 1st game this season, because I just do not care how they do against Union....no upside for the weekend.

Comment

Eh, it happens. Or do you think Q is really 5 goals better than Cornell?
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                    What does this comment mean?

I would call this game a melt-down game. Complete break down... Tough, long season with ups and downs. This was a reminder of the lowness of the young team.

A team that is based on good skaters that comes out flat and does not skate or pass well, is tentative and plays as tight as I think Rand Pecknold holds his real personality in check. Timing, spacing was off and I cannot recall a single good play in the 1.5 periods I could watch once I found the real loins to the RIP link.

Looking for some insight to this team's psyche. They spiraled since loss of Jayden Lee. That's the only thing different personnel wise. The defense looked lost, offense looked inept most of the time I saw them but credit RIP, they played a mature game of hockey.

Frankly, I don't know why they really lost the recipe last night or these past few weekends but it's more flailing than failing. Lot of clatter without the playmaking.

I look forward to the educated fan insights from you guys to clear my head out from this. I'm not going to watch Union, will miss 1st game this season, because I just do not care how they do against Union....no upside for the weekend.
                    I agree it was a meltdown and your comment about Lee is note worthy. The team is reacting like they did when Fortunato went down last year, but with less talent. We saw a preview of this in the Brown QTRs last year. No Fortunato and no Priske. This team still reminds me of Peca’s Sr year though unless they crush it through the ECACs and Placid, there’s almost no way they get to the NCAAs. Hope they secure a top 4 because I fear a second round matchup in another rink. If they get through the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      lol Maine was a good program in the 1800s...you don’t do a thing for HE..We don’t have to resort to “our league is the best!l Have you been over .500 since Paul Kariya?
                      Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-22-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                        I agree it was a meltdown and your comment about Lee is note worthy. The team is reacting like they did when Fortunato went down last year, but with less talent.
                        Not sure I totally agree with this since Lee, while very good in his first year, is not at Fortunato's level just yet. I think his loss is forcing Rand's hand using Chorney and McGee while Freidmann plays forward. It's the inexperience factor as much as anything else. Not sure even Jayden would have helped the PP last night...

The problem all season has been secondary scoring. Keep the top line contained and we struggle. We need a lot more from Lombardi, Fallstrom, Brind'Amour, and Van Ness but we're not getting it. Pretty sure you can't win if you don't score...

They absolutely need to come out possessed tonight and put in a full 60 minute effort. Take no prisoners, and don't play down to the competition.

Since 'Gate lost last night, a win tonight should secure a top-4 spot.

Go Q!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Not sure I totally agree with this since Lee, while very good in his first year, is not at Fortunato's level just yet. I think his loss is forcing Rand's hand using Chorney and McGee while Freidmann plays forward. It's the inexperience factor as much as anything else. Not sure even Jayden would have helped the PP last night...

The problem all season has been secondary scoring. Keep the top line contained and we struggle. We need a lot more from Lombardi, Fallstrom, Brind'Amour, and Van Ness but we're not getting it. Pretty sure you can't win if you don't score...

They absolutely need to come out possessed tonight and put in a full 60 minute effort. Take no prisoners, and don't play down to the competition.

Since 'Gate lost last night, a win tonight should secure a top-4 spot.

Go Q!
                          I think Only if RPI loses. If we win last night, we’d be all set since it would have meant an RPI loss. We’re 3 pts ahead with 4 pts to go after tonight. Still totally in control of our own destiny, though would need a Harvard loss to move up to 3.

Top 4 is big. I think we have a better shot at beating a 5-12 team at the PUC 2 out of 3, than we do Harvard/RPI at their place 2/3. However I do believe we have a decent chance against those teams, or Clarkson and Cornell in a single game in Lake Placid.

Comment

Ugly OT win. PP has about disappeared and that's been the difference the past 2 games.

Really sloppy play all weekend. Need to clean that up because next weeks games are still meaningful. Points are still crucial.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Ugly OT win. PP has about disappeared and that's been the difference the past 2 games.

Really sloppy play all weekend. Need to clean that up because next weeks games are still meaningful. Points are still crucial.
                              From me thinking that Oden is done for the year to taking the team on his back . Didn’t see that one coming

Comment

Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
                                From me thinking that Oden is done for the year to taking the team on his back . Didn’t see that one coming
                                I too thought he was done after crashing into the boards headfirst. Then the announcers said the trainers were working on his shoulder and I thought dislocation or collarbone. And he's there in OT to score the game winner. Gutsy performance for sure.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X