No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=MarkEagleUSA;6882384]"I think you mean Ethan Leyh (14). Jayden Lee (15) is the fiesty little defenseman who also had a huge weekend."

Thanks Mark - a QC Brave moment! Ethan Leyh, Zach Metsa & Alex Whelan were the smoothest scoring line I have seen these Bobcats field this season. They anticipated, moved well together at speed and their passing was spot-on. Jayden Lee on defense is going to get splat in big game play this season....just do not see him doing much on defense in big games versus big teams....I'll watch him more closely next weekend.....I still have this team picked for 3rd place ECAC finish...won't take much to get there.....

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

I haven't been around this program long, yet can see that Rand is a ridiculous good coach. He's developed and mentored these kids. This team will be strong this year , and if KP stays....watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
        I haven't been around this program long, yet can see that Rand is a ridiculous good coach. He's developed and mentored these kids. This team will be strong this year , and if KP stays....watch out.
        The goalie pipeline looks good even if KP continues to shine and decides to leave early. Fear looked good in limited ice time and the guy coming in next year or year after (Can’t recall his name) looks like the real deal as well. Hopefully Eddy has a positive impact on these guys like Jared did. I think Garts has been running a goalie school for a few years. How cool would it be to see him return to the program when his playing time is done.

I think anything above a 5-8 ECAC finish is gravy this year. But possible! Friday is going to be huge litmus test as to where they are. UMass win was huge, but the two games vs Princeton were not impressive wins. Other than KP and the never give up attitude, both positives, they were expected to win those games. Losses or even ties would have been catastrophic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
          The goalie pipeline looks good even if KP continues to shine and decides to leave early. Fear looked good in limited ice time and the guy coming in next year or year after (Can’t recall his name) looks like the real deal as well. Hopefully Eddy has a positive impact on these guys like Jared did. I think Garts has been running a goalie school for a few years. How cool would it be to see him return to the program when his playing time is done.

I think anything above a 5-8 ECAC finish is gravy this year. But possible! Friday is going to be huge litmus test as to where they are. UMass win was huge, but the two games vs Princeton were not impressive wins. Other than KP and the never give up attitude, both positives, they were expected to win those games. Losses or even ties would have been catastrophic.

KP is a humble, very decent guy! Shorty and KP seemed to get on very very well, and KP had the edge at start of last season and Shorty just killed it whenever he got ice time so ended up becoming the best goalkeeper in the country for much of the season.

I agree with you about record, and you cannot mature a team before it organically does this on their own. Agree with you that this past weekend's sweep is not a leading indicator, because Princeton has no offense. Alarm bells went off in both games for me...but, they turned it around and won.

I think they will beat Harvard this weekend. Dartmouth always is a tough game and I do not think they can get past Dartmouth but they will beat Harvard - who has been showing they are not as good as they were against Bobcats and Bobcats will not be as bad a team as they were in the first Harvard game. But, the win will exhaust them through and through and they'll give up the next night's game against Dartmouth. I want to see Whelan with Ethan on the same line with Zach getting lot of ice time, too. These three seem to have gelled and the others will come around now that one of the many combos Rand is jiggling around is working.

Harvard win - Dartmouth loss

Competitive versus both teams is the key positive takeaway...new season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
            KP is a humble, very decent guy! Shorty and KP seemed to get on very very well, and KP had the edge at start of last season and Shorty just killed it whenever he got ice time so ended up becoming the best goalkeeper in the country for much of the season.

I agree with you about record, and you cannot mature a team before it organically does this on their own. Agree with you that this past weekend's sweep is not a leading indicator, because Princeton has no offense. Alarm bells went off in both games for me...but, they turned it around and won.

I think they will beat Harvard this weekend. Dartmouth always is a tough game and I do not think they can get past Dartmouth but they will beat Harvard - who has been showing they are not as good as they were against Bobcats and Bobcats will not be as bad a team as they were in the first Harvard game. But, the win will exhaust them through and through and they'll give up the next night's game against Dartmouth. I want to see Whelan with Ethan on the same line with Zach getting lot of ice time, too. These three seem to have gelled and the others will come around now that one of the many combos Rand is jiggling around is working.

Harvard win - Dartmouth loss

Competitive versus both teams is the key positive takeaway...new season.
            I know the notion of Bobcats beating Harvard is unrealistic, but i am betting the young Harvard team comes in over confident and plays down while the Bobcats come in with revenge, motivation - powerful.

Dartmouth has played Bobcats very tough the past few years so that game to me, still goes Green. Oh well, we will know soon enough....

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
              I know the notion of Bobcats beating Harvard is unrealistic
              The notion of beating Harvard is totally realistic to me. KP has been playing his heart out and the offense seems to be finding some life. If they come out ready to play I really like our chances.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

INMO, they were humiliated by Harvad earlier. They will be ready and have circled this on the calendar. Bojo has some juice back. Back end looking better....seeing a team develop in front of us. Pretty cool stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                  Dartmouth has played Bobcats very tough the past few years so that game to me, still goes Green. Oh well, we will know soon enough....
                  We tend to play you tougher in Hanover, but I hope you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                    INMO, they were humiliated by Harvad earlier. They will be ready and have circled this on the calendar. Bojo has some juice back. Back end looking better....seeing a team develop in front of us. Pretty cool stuff.....
                    Agree, this is fun, even if we leave the rink disappointed from time to time. I hope there’s some buzz I. The arena this week. Harvard is tough without the crowd and possibly the band. Harvard will bring Alumni from the area I’m sure. Be nice to see the boys come out hot and stay hot.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                      Harvard will bring Alumni from the area I’m sure.
                      harvard doesnt have fans

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                        harvard doesnt have fans
                        True, their arena is pretty empty, even for playoff games. I still think we’ll see at least a few locals with Harvard ties. I just hope we get a decent crowd. The team seems to feed off energy. PU game was a sellout and might have been 30%+ QU fans

Comment

Weekend Preview: Harvard/Dartmouth

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...dartmouth.html
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

If there was a time to play Harvard, its now....They are coming off a 1-4-1 stretch.
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Impressive and enjoyable win. Has this team turned the corner?
                              Let's Go Bobcats!
                              Go Blue!

Comment

What. A. Game.

Great 60 minute effort. And 2 PPG's!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X