Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Really enjoyed everyone’s comments/thoughts today. Thank you great read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Pecknold has been successful enough that I am certain he's had offers in the past. He will never have the power and prestige elsewhere that he has as the architect / savior / God of Q hockey. He won't leave and he shouldn't.
      All true. Kepler, the same could likely be said for Schafer as well ?
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        All true. Kepler, the same could likely be said for Schafer as well ?
        Yes. Schafer did entertain pro thoughts early in his career. Had we won it all in 2003 I suspect he would have taken an offer.

He did also interview at one other school (UMass) but I believe that was a contract negotiation tactic. Like most of Mike's tactics, it worked.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finnish defenceman Iivari Räsänen commits to Quinnipiac

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...i-rasanen.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Weekend Preview: Cornell/Colgate

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...llcolgate.html
            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Jonathan, your usual great work, thank you!

Count on the rest of your good fans, who are lucky enough to be in the seats in Hamden to fill in the aspects that we cannot see on laptops!

I see no downside, win - lose or tie here tomorrow night. Not counting on this team going deep post season. But, the ext few seasons are going to be depth, skills, fresh speed and frozen four seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                Jonathan, your usual great work, thank you!

Count on the rest of your good fans, who are lucky enough to be in the seats in Hamden to fill in the aspects that we cannot see on laptops!

I see no downside, win - lose or tie here tomorrow night. Not counting on this team going deep post season. But, the ext few seasons are going to be depth, skills, fresh speed and frozen four seasons.
                I kind of agree on the no real downside. This team’s mission is growth. Hopefully something positive from each game. They are in a good spot in the standings for what should be a top 8 finish with a decent shot at top 4. A top 4 and a trip to Lake Placid would be a big win for the program.

Hopefully we get a loud crowd tonight. I hear it’s SRO and I know the Cornell Band will be there tonight. We’ll be there helping make the PUC feel like home! Let’s Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                  I kind of agree on the no real downside. This team’s mission is growth. Hopefully something positive from each game. They are in a good spot in the standings for what should be a top 8 finish with a decent shot at top 4. A top 4 and a trip to Lake Placid would be a big win for the program.

Hopefully we get a loud crowd tonight. I hear it’s SRO and I know the Cornell Band will be there tonight. We’ll be there helping make the PUC feel like home! Let’s Go Bobcats!

Look forward to the post-game thoughts, comments from all - we cannot expect them to beat Cornell. Cornell had their fall and competed themselves right back into top spot in ranking this season. Cornell Defensemen compliment their Goalkeeping, they are both BIG + FAST + KNOW what to do with the puck when they get hold of if.

Cornell offense plays off their great defense.

I think RAND's architecture is that his 'puck-eating/digging' Defense plays off his offense, who's skaters are not as fast as previous years and the lines are taking bit of time to coalesce, but show great promise - and they can throw out (high energy kids!) 3 - 4 lines of energized skaters....lot of rushes. Any team that looks past this young, very good Bobcat team does so at their own risk.

Cornell comes to Hamden ready to play and the Bobcats are going to play the game of their brief Quinnipiac lives. Bobcats can actually play with nothing to lose!

Watch the penalties!!

Superb coaching will keep them focused and on a game plan - I just do not see them beating Cornell in any element of the game so just not getting shutout or suffering major loss of confidence to me is a win to build on for this season and will be evidenced, by how they come back and play Colgate, whether they win, lose OR draw!! This will be fabulous weekend of Brave Bobcat hockey!!!

Comment

Well that was **** impressive. KP with some early big saves then the Bobcats took over.
                    Let's Go Bobcats!
                    Go Blue!

Comment

HOLY SCHITT!

Entire team win! Never saw this coming, especially off the Sacred Heart loss. Now, beating Colgate is a must, and this team should be off to the races. The line changes worked. Where did Jayden Lee come from!!? He was all over the ice, in a good way! Excellent hockey IQ and very good player. Ethan DeJong continues to impress with that big stick and overall good play.

Our Captain, Mr. Jermain - - wow! That first goal was amazing!! This guy is an 'all-guts' first team player! But, the rest of the roster is 100% part of this win. They played a team swarm game, end to end, from the beginning (it took them 5 - 6 minutes to unravel Big Red) to final buzzer.

But the passing tonight was not simply good, it was marvelous, artful! They got the puck out of their zone calmly, intelligently and effectively - - ate pucks, checked everywhere!

Non stop winning hockey tonight....oh, one final note, Keith Petruzzelli was NHL ready tonight! This team humbled me tonight and I was in awe of the greatness shown by this team and their coaching staff - - this stuff, line changing, getting teams to pass elegantly to each other - - this stuff does not happen on its own. Coaches see the problems, then if they can, put a plan in place that matches the players skills . . . then conveys it to them in a digestible manner. This season we are seeing coaching greatness right in front of our eyes...week to week....team loses, then gets better each time! No accident.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                        HOLY SCHITT!

Entire team win! Never saw this coming, especially off the Sacred Heart loss. Now, beating Colgate is a must, and this team should be off to the races. The line changes worked. Where did Jayden Lee come from!!? He was all over the ice, in a good way! Excellent hockey IQ and very good player. Ethan DeJong continues to impress with that big stick and overall good play.

Our Captain, Mr. Jermain - - wow! That first goal was amazing!! This guy is an 'all-guts' first team player! But, the rest of the roster is 100% part of this win. They played a team swarm game, end to end, from the beginning (it took them 5 - 6 minutes to unravel Big Red) to final buzzer.

But the passing tonight was not simply good, it was marvelous, artful! They got the puck out of their zone calmly, intelligently and effectively - - ate pucks, checked everywhere!

Non stop winning hockey tonight....oh, one final note, Keith Petruzzelli was NHL ready tonight! This team humbled me tonight and I was in awe of the greatness shown by this team and their coaching staff - - this stuff, line changing, getting teams to pass elegantly to each other - - this stuff does not happen on its own. Coaches see the problems, then if they can, put a plan in place that matches the players skills . . . then conveys it to them in a digestible manner. This season we are seeing coaching greatness right in front of our eyes...week to week....team loses, then gets better each time! No accident.
                        The only thing I’ll add, and it speaks to the coaching, the coach’s challenge on the CU nongoal was huge. After that, there was no way KP was letting a late soft goal after that.

Comment

That was a beat down! A full 60 minute effort and they were able to beat the stalwart Cornell defense and throttled their offense. Great game by KP. Just an awesome night of hockey.

No let down tomorrow... keep the bus rolling.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Credit to Q, that was the worst we've looked since the NC$$ loss to Lowell 3 years ago. I can only assume Q made us look so bad.

Good luck going forward. Please do that to Colgate and Clarkson as well.

Now pardon me, I have to soak in the tub from the sympathetic beat down I got just watching. In all honesty I think it was worse than the score.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-31-2020, 09:40 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I can only assume Q made us look so bad.
                              We did... beat Cornell at their own game.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Wow ... I did NOT see that coming. That was incredible. Great, great, great job. Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I especially enjoyed on the stream after the fourth goal, the Quinnipiac fan waving a scarf right in front of the Cornell fans, who ... did not look pleased. It's at about 1:16:50 if you want to have a laugh.

In all seriousness, when our team plays like that we are a pain in the *** to play against. Skill, goaltending, great forechecking ... when we play to Rand's systems, we're really good.

Note: I didn't think the A-word would be bleeped. We are a pain in the posterior to play against. Bleep that, nerds.

And listen, we've been No. 1 before; we know that there's a target on your back every game. Obviously Cornell laid an egg tonight. They'll be fine. But man, this sure does give us a bump to a second half that's already been really good.
                                Last edited by ZYanksRule; 01-31-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X