Let's Go Bobcats!
    Go Blue!

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

#BeatYale

Go Q!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Weekend Preview: Yale/Brown

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...yalebrown.html
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Wish I could be there but will be watching. Go Q Beat Yale!!

Comment

Beat Yale!

Comment

Sweezey's big hit on Jayden Lee in the 1st, must have knocked him out of the game? I do not recall seeing him on the ice after that. Anyone at The Whale able to comment? Will take the win, but hope Lee is OK . . . that was a big hit!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                Sweezey's big hit on Jayden Lee in the 1st, must have knocked him out of the game? I do not recall seeing him on the ice after that. Anyone at The Whale able to comment? Will take the win, but hope Lee is OK . . . that was a big hit!
                Lee never returned.

Always good to beat Yale. Maybe even sweeter doing it 18 seconds into OT in their barn.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

He got rocked. Ref let him off the ice when the icing was called right after that. I saw the trainer over him and assume he left for the locker room after. I was behind the goal and he was coming at us when he got hit. It looked clean but very hard. I hope he’s ok.

Big win, gritty goals. 2 Big points. Hopefully sweep the weekend tomorrow in Providence. Huge to have Odeen get the game winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big win right there. Always fun to beat them, and especially in overtime.

Now to the annually hardest game of the season. We always play terribly at Meehan, so let's see what we can get there.

Comment

Cool note from the team website: That was the first OT win in the history of the rivalry against Yale, by either team.

https://gobobcats.com/sports/mens-ic...-university/11

Comment

Always good to beat Yale....the Sweezey hip check on Jayden Lee made me gasp out loud...Yale plays a tough, good brand of hockey and that was a clean hit. I really have gotten behind Jayden Lee and last night and tonight, this team made good use of him and he responded well more and more. Tonight at Providence, the team in seems flat. Be nice to see Michael Lombardi get back on track tonight in Providence, he is local Rhode Islander from Barrington. Let's see some more energy in P2...yes?

2nd Period, Embellishment Call is insane....he was tripped!!

Maybe this shakes the game up a bit, they just seem so sluggish, almost like the migrate up and down the ice!! The Bobcats simply are not even in this game...it looks to me like they are playing on Olympic size rink....so many things not right.
                        Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 02-08-2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Not pretty but any stretch but not a loss either. They seemed tired, understandable after last night, but I did expect to see a better effort. KP was way out of position on both Brown goals. His reaction time seemed glacial all night. Offensively they never established any flow. A few good looks on the PP but another 0-fer night.

A 3 point weekend usually isn't bad. Let's just hope that the lost point doesn't come back to haunt them.

Another huge game upcoming on Friday.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

You reminded me of the fact that Meehan is a challenging rink to play on....Can anyone provide update on injuries? Somehow, Jayden Lee now has my attention, I like the energy, the hockey IQ for a 18 year old true Freshman and he is quick, passes well - - any updates are appreciated!!

Comment

Feels like we always struggle at Meehan, though the numbers don't bear that out. But I remember going to a game there when I was at QU. The building is dead. No fans, no students, it's dark and old. Just a miserable place to play hockey. Add to that we're almost always coming off the emotional high of the Yale game, and it's virtually always a let-down waiting to happen. Three-point road weekends are always great, so job done this weekend.

Comment

The arena was less than half full and 75% QU. I think there was an alumni event before as I saw a big section of fans come in together with some members of the Development team. They erupted when Jermain’s embellishment call was made and when the obvious too many men on the ice call was missed.

Great to see Desi back but he didn’t look in game shape yet. TJ back on D with Lee’s injury I guess.

Definitely a let down game after Yale. Still say, young team will have games like this. They are really good, not great. I still love this team and think they will be up for Clarkson. Having seen Clarkson live, they are big, fast and talented. I think QU can skate with them, especially at home.

13 in the PW after that weekend isn’t terrible. I still think the realistic goal is to get to Lake Placid. If an at large bid is in play, that would be a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X