Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    LT, good post. Rand is keeping that pipeline full.

I am trying to see if the trend for higher quantity of Freshman/Sophs correlates to stronger 2nd half team and Bobcats seem to be breaking out nicely. RPI also has 19 or so Fresh/Sophs and most other teams keep that mix at around 12-13.

This ECAC hockey Rand is driving is all about puck eating and hunting, rounded out with strong Goalkeeper and special teams. With the right senior leadership and coaching, these teams are coalescing nicely.

Even SLU is looking interesting but all they have is upside, which makes them dangerous to every team. Clarkson has 17 Fresh/Sophs and recent lost to RPI.

Not sure there is anything to correlate this to worth posting, but thought it is interesting.

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Just looking at the pairwise rankings. As of today, QU is 18. They only have 3 games (Cornell, Clarkson 2x) with teams above them. SHU is at 32, if they get by Yale(42) and QU beats UConn(40), we’ll meet them at CT Ice final. Our highest PW opponent left on the schedule is Colgate. I don’t claim to be a PW expert, but I’m thinking we’re going to need a little help and some luck to get an NCAA auto bid.

However, a few more weekends like last, and perhaps the Whitelaw will take care of it . Looking forward to the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
        Just looking at the pairwise rankings. As of today, QU is 18. They only have 3 games (Cornell, Clarkson 2x) with teams above them. SHU is at 32, if they get by Yale(42) and QU beats UConn(40), we’ll meet them at CT Ice final. Our highest PW opponent left on the schedule is Colgate. I don’t claim to be a PW expert, but I’m thinking we’re going to need a little help and some luck to get an NCAA auto bid.

However, a few more weekends like last, and perhaps the Whitelaw will take care of it . Looking forward to the weekend.

Don't forget about the ECAC Tournament. Those conference tournaments do strange things to the Pairwise. There's still probably a chance at an at-large bid, but not a big one. Odds are we'll need to win the conference tournament to get in. Stanger things have happened, though.

Comment

one strategy would be to just never lose another game. i bet we'd end up with a natty if we scored more goals than our opponent in each matchup.

Comment

Not sure if this article ever made it here, I had never seen it and ran across yesterday while trying to find any mention on google of the infamous Nighthawks game where the fans threw the arm rests from the seats on to the ice. https://deadspin.com/how-quinnipiac-...BU8BPSfbWDDgmM
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Not sure if this article ever made it here, I had never seen it and ran across yesterday while trying to find any mention on google of the infamous Nighthawks game where the fans threw the arm rests from the seats on to the ice. https://deadspin.com/how-quinnipiac-...BU8BPSfbWDDgmM
              Never saw that myself, surprising since everything that year seemed to make the public eye.

It was a very good read.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Weekend Preview: St. Lawrence/Clarkson

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...eclarkson.html
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  Weekend Preview: St. Lawrence/Clarkson

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...eclarkson.html
                  Painful win, but will take it! Just wish I had the past few hours of my life back. The best news is no one got hurt! Alex Whelan, you are a very good hockey player, glad to have you! Bobcats win, the bobcats wiiiiiiiin.

Good night folks, tomorrow, Clarkson - big game!!

Comment

Painful to watch due to the shoddy camera work and dull announcers... not to mention a less than stellar performance by the team. I'll take the win but they'll need to clean up a lot for tomorrow night.

Whelan again one of the best players on the ice and I thought Metsa was solid as well. Defense was a bit sloppy (i.e. SLU's 2nd goal). Offense just wasn't crisp enough but it was nice to see another two PPG's.

Will need a much better performance all around tomorrow.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Ice looked choppy. Guys seemed to have a hard time settling the puck. Arena was nice but doesn’t look like a great surface. There was a women’s game at 3pm, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I wonder if the lack of chances had KP a little flat in the second. Definitely picked it up in the third.

They never gave up and seemed to wear down ST Lawrence. Odeen snake bit yet again. At least 2 to 3 chances and the puck just bounced over or off his stick. 2 valuable points, hopefully a better game tomorrow night. 6 in a row and 10 straight points. That’s all good news.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                        Ice looked choppy. Guys seemed to have a hard time settling the puck.
                        The ice looked bad on video. Lots of bouncing pucks.

Arena was nice but doesn’t look like a great surface. There was a women’s game at 3pm, so maybe that had something to do with it.
                        How was the atmosphere? On the broadcast you couldn't hear the crowd at all. Was also hard to tell how big the crowd was.

I wonder if the lack of chances had KP a little flat in the second. Definitely picked it up in the third.
                        The first SLU goal was missed by the camera (it looked like it was remote controlled and only had one slow speed panning side to side) so I couldn't tell what happened. Their second was 3-4 guys standing around while the puck was carried right onto net. Didn't look like KP had a chance especially the way it was roofed.

They never gave up and seemed to wear down ST Lawrence.
                        Still pretty lethargic if you ask me. They just didn't have the pep they had last weeked. Gave SLU way to much possession time.

Odeen snake bit yet again. At least 2 to 3 chances and the puck just bounced over or off his stick.
                        I think there were 4-5 point blank chances overall. Odeen had 2 great looks from right outside the blue.

2 valuable points, hopefully a better game tomorrow night. 6 in a row and 10 straight points. That’s all good news.
                        Good news indeed. Hopefully they can get up for a quality opponent. There's a lot riding on those 2 points....
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

How was the atmosphere? On the broadcast you couldn't hear the crowd at all. Was also hard to tell how big the crowd was.
                          The arena was almost full. I’d estimate about 1000-1200. I actually looked for the camera because I didn’t see it right above my seat. Behind the stands there was about a 20 foot walkway. High above the walkway was what looked to be an office or press box, but it was completely behind glass and the camera was in there. I watched the replay and you can catch a reflection on the shot. Being during break I wouldn’t say the crowd was loud(no students), there were a lot of folks our age and some kids. We did see one other couple in QU gear. Appleton reopens at the end of the month.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                            The arena was almost full. I’d estimate about 1000-1200. I actually looked for the camera because I didn’t see it right above my seat. Behind the stands there was about a 20 foot walkway. High above the walkway was what looked to be an office or press box, but it was completely behind glass and the camera was in there. I watched the replay and you can catch a reflection on the shot. Being during break I wouldn’t say the crowd was loud(no students), there were a lot of folks our age and some kids. We did see one other couple in QU gear. Appleton reopens at the end of the month.

Expect a lackluster crowd tonight at Cheel. Students are still gone and with the impending ice storm coming tonight, I can see many of the Tech loyals staying home. Cheel was like a morgue last night against Prinny. Although to be fair there wasn’t much to cheer for, seemed to take everything they had to scrape by Princeton. They got beat up and down the ice last week by RPI, and had a less then stellar offensive game against Union.. Something has happened to this team over break they have little to no offensive flow. Couple that with missing the top point earner in the league Brosseau who is still out with a broken jaw, and these guys are honestly struggling. My prediction coming into this weekend was to scrape by Princeton and get our back sides paddled by Quinny, and after last night I still expect it. Has the makings of a great game, your boys seem to be firing on all cylinders offensively, and we only seem to be able to defend as of late. To all you QU fans that will be at Cheel tonight, enjoy the game! And just know we typically have quite a good and loud fan base, unfortunately it won’t be displayed tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
                              Expect a lackluster crowd tonight at Cheel. Students are still gone and with the impending ice storm coming tonight, I can see many of the Tech loyals staying home. Cheel was like a morgue last night against Prinny. Although to be fair there wasn’t much to cheer for, seemed to take everything they had to scrape by Princeton. They got beat up and down the ice last week by RPI, and had a less then stellar offensive game against Union.. Something has happened to this team over break they have little to no offensive flow. Couple that with missing the top point earner in the league Brosseau who is still out with a broken jaw, and these guys are honestly struggling. My prediction coming into this weekend was to scrape by Princeton and get our back sides paddled by Quinny, and after last night I still expect it. Has the makings of a great game, your boys seem to be firing on all cylinders offensively, and we only seem to be able to defend as of late. To all you QU fans that will be at Cheel tonight, enjoy the game! And just know we typically have quite a good and loud fan base, unfortunately it won’t be displayed tonight.
                              We all have been where you and the golden nights have been. key injury puts the lines out of whack. was surprised CLK lost to RIT but sometimes it takes some losing for teams to re-learn how to win and play together. Princeton is no pushover and SLU was not as easy to win a game against, as their record indicates, either. In pre season ECAC pick-em, I have CLK #1, HAR #2 QUI #3 but still hope you are right about them being in a funk because QUI needs a big weekend to keep things rolling. And I hope my 'pick-ems' are wrong. Enjoy the game tonight and be safe in the storm!!
                              Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 01-11-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                                We all have been where you and the golden nights have been. key injury puts the lines out of whack. was surprised CLK lost to RIT but sometimes it takes some losing for teams to re-learn how to win and play together. Princeton is no pushover and SLU was not as easy to win a game against, as their record indicates, either. In pre season ECAC pick-em, I have CLK #1, HAR #2 QUI #3 but still hope you are right about them being in a funk because QUI needs a big weekend to keep things rolling. And I hope my 'pick-ems' are wrong. Enjoy the game tonight and be safe in the storm!!
                                Nice win for Clarkson! Bobcats need to lose to learn why they can be a better club! As long as this does not start a losing run, and they come back with a strong play each time, losses often teach teams more than winning! When I looked at the schedule early this season, I had a split for this weekend.

Also, I have not panned the Defense in several weeks as they have gotten better. Clarkson Defensemen are huge compared to Quinnipiac! I always say if you are a speedy puck-eating/hunting club, you better have your "A" offensive team against these big, good skating defenses which is why I picked Clarkson #1 this season in ECAC. Clarkson D was much better overall than Bobcat O and my fear is that this will continue unless Bobcats gain a mature element to their game, consistency.
                                Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 01-11-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X