X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Defensemen Nick Bochem commits to Quinnipiac

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ommits-to.html
    yawn......loss of a big enforcer will be as deleterious as Odeen has discovered it is to score without experienced teammates. i don't get this one.

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
      yawn......loss of a big enforcer will be as deleterious as Odeen has discovered it is to score without experienced teammates. i don't get this one.
      Looking at his BCHL stats, he’s got about a 4/1 Assist/Goal ratio. Odeen isn’t scoring goals because nobody controls or delivers the puck like he does. Fortunato and Rafferty were Quarterbacks on the ice. Hopefully this recruit is that type of player.

If this spring continues to show growth, next fall could be a good time to have a seat in Hamden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

how do you like Odeen Tufto's development? he's racking up points, but not goals ...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
          how do you like Odeen Tufto's development? he's racking up points, but not goals ...
          This is sort of the point of my prior comment. In my opinion, Tufto isn’t a garbage goal type of player. He won’t often out muscle a D man in front of the net for what Rand refers to as a greasy goal. He is more finesse. The issue, again my opinion, is the team lacks a Quarterback to control and distribute the puck. Fortunato was great at doing that last year and Rafferty wasn’t bad either. Right now the best player on the team at doing that is Odeen. But he obviously can’t pass the puck to himself. It may be as much a confidence thing as it is a talent. The guys seem to panic a bit under pressure. I see this improving and hopefully will continue to improve. I think there’s a big upside to this roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
            I'd rather have him on the ice than not. The goals will come...
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              I'd rather have him on the ice than not. The goals will come...
              Waiting for Yankee spring training for first time in long time...usually very distracted by college hockey much more than I am allowing myself to be this season. It is a very very big deal getting a Ty Smylanic to play for Quinnipiac..!

Big win to close out season - I am very positive the winning will continue and I do have this team picked to come in 3rd in ECAC and somehow, I feel them believing they can do this.

Comment

Merry Christmas Bobcats!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Merry Christmas Bobcats!
                  Merry Christmas Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                    Merry Christmas Mark.
                    It was... she said yes!

Since Dilly didn't make Team Canada for the WJC we should have him this weekend. That's good news for the Bobcats.

I hope the break did them well and they come out and have a better second half. Need a strong weekend against a struggling Princeton team to get the ball rolling.

Did anyone see Sacred Heart being the odds on favorite to take the inaugural Connecticut Ice tourney?
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      It was... she said yes!

Since Dilly didn't make Team Canada for the WJC we should have him this weekend. That's good news for the Bobcats.

I hope the break did them well and they come out and have a better second half. Need a strong weekend against a struggling Princeton team to get the ball rolling.

Did anyone see Sacred Heart being the odds on favorite to take the inaugural Connecticut Ice tourney?
                      I noticed Sacred Heart is having very good season. Maybe Peter comes back with something to prove....i touted our Captain's play the past season or two, and noted he simply plays like he has nothing to lose and is all out end to end, but not sure he has elevated the team OR the 20 Fresh/Sophs simply do not know him well enough to allow them to be led by anyone....and maybe they're trying to carve out their legacy without thinking how to win as a team. But, they could not be feeling as proud of their performance this past month, seeing themselves predicted to win or place in top 3. And, that can still happen - long shot, but so was last season and "it" happened.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Princeton Tigers

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...on-tigers.html
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Oh my these announcers are terrible and haven't done their homework about the Bobcats.

And I know Hobey Baker Rink is small but the camera is way too low.

That all being said it's good to be up 1-0.

Can't wait for tomorrow, my son and I are headed to Hamden for the game. My first game in Hamden since he graduated in 2014. Go Bobcats!
                          Let's Go Bobcats!
                          Go Blue!

Comment

• Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
                            Oh my these announcers are terrible and haven't done their homework about the Bobcats.

And I know Hobey Baker Rink is small but the camera is way too low.

That all being said it's good to be up 1-0.

Can't wait for tomorrow, my son and I are headed to Hamden for the game. My first game in Hamden since he graduated in 2014. Go Bobcats!
                            PP team absolutely sucks! this teams not going far without it and is a big disappointment because the 2-0 1st period lead is misleading, albeit good - i just thought they'd have worked special teams. passing's ok, but still the lead hides a lack of improvement from 1st half of season, so far. princeton hardly testing this bobcat team so far,

bobcats are a very below average hockey team and nothing so far shows me anything different. maybe next 2 periods exhibit glimpses of the future favorably.

i expect a sweep but this youthful team does not show that they can get better....

Comment

First game after the break, not likely to be sharp.
                              Let's Go Bobcats!
                              Go Blue!

Comment

• Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
                                First game after the break, not likely to be sharp.
                                I wish. these kids do not play well together. Poor offensive team, going nowhere. not a single assist or goal off a good pass. that has been the story all season.

The concession stand employees here can see a shot being set up. every shot, one-timer, PP shot, has a delay, set up, windup and shot....this team is going to flounder all season, travel post season..you have so many young kids, this is what you get. this season is all about the next 2 seasons, maybe. I hope i am wrong. have them picked for 3rd place finish this season in ECAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X