Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
    Mark, I feel the same way about Tufto, he was so close last night. Had a good look in front of me and misfired into the goalies chest. He did sort of laugh and shrug it off so it hasn’t impacted him yet. Maybe TONIGHT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ECAC has few, if any soft spots. I think SLU can be dangerous, with 'nothing to lose' play.

Harvard is as good a place to start as any. Big win here can redefine the season.

I just see nothing from that Defense. Wondering where these great commits are!?

Lagging impacts O getting breakaways and getting the puck with enough spacing to do what he has done.

Which one of the coaches focuses on D?

All of these kids are very good hockey players and this team will gel when they start playing as a team. It is early and they will, that is one thing we know of Rand's teams - not if they will gel, it is when and then, watch out.

Be Brave Bobcats....!

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

The D is a work in progress. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen Cam Beaudreau yet. I'm not sold on Friedman yet... seems to get turned around a little too much. Britt and Lee seem ok. I think Lee will be a huge asset on the blue line. Cukste, Metsa, and Dilly have been solid. We have to remember Priske, Fortunato, and Rafferty were extremely good veterans.

Odeen, et al, need to pick the corners instead of the goalies chest. Jermain's goal last night was perfect placement.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Nothing to add, spot on assessment. I’m wondering if there is an issue with Cam, health, or otherwise. Seems strange they went all in on him to come early last year and disappeared this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mollycatherine View Post
          I was at the other end of the ice from you. ^

The first Dartmouth goal was through the (gaping) five-hole. I was concerned about that given what has been said here about Petruzzelli's confidence and the team's trust in him! The second went underneath him with, as you say, a lot going on in front. I think the team's protest was probably goalie interference (Thinking he was pushed? He kind of fell backwards into the net as the puck went in.).

What did you see of our non-goal toward the end of the third? To me, it looked like the puck was directly in the back of the net and bounced out. The Dartmouth fans right next to me thought it was in, as did their friend who came over to check what they had seen from our angle. No goal light and play continued without incident.

I didn't think there was really any sustained puck possession from either team all night, other than on the power play.
          The ESPN+ feed had a perfect look at it. Hit the post, then skidded along the goal line before being swiped away. Clear no-goal.

Comment

Just noticed tonight's game will be on NESN+.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Just noticed tonight's game will be on NESN+.
              It is on both, ESPN+ and NESN+

Comment

I'd like to see Fear get the start next weekend. He just looks a lot more confident back there right now, a lot more square to the puck with fewer holes. Petruzelli is battling himself in a bad way right now, and while you can't blame him for any of the goals in the first period, he needs to make a save.

Harvard's good, but they didn't out play us that badly in the first period, we just couldn't get a key save.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  I'd like to see Fear get the start next weekend. He just looks a lot more confident back there right now, a lot more square to the puck with fewer holes. Petruzelli is battling himself in a bad way right now, and while you can't blame him for any of the goals in the first period, he needs to make a save.

Harvard's good, but they didn't out play us that badly in the first period, we just couldn't get a key save.
                  Z, we need DNA samples to find this team's chemistry. They are bad on both ends of the ice and in the net, other than that, Harvard did not outplay them badly in the 1st period, I do agree with you. Peter getting tossed may have changed the rest of the game but not the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                    Z, we need DNA samples to find this team's chemistry. They are bad on both ends of the ice and in the net, other than that, Harvard did not outplay them badly in the 1st period, I do agree with you. Peter getting tossed may have changed the rest of the game but not the outcome.
                    7-2 does not lie. I stopped watching after the 2nd period, but from what I saw they're lacking confidence. I don't think this team is a championship contender this year because they don't appear to have the high-end skill that you need to win something, but they're better than this.

You're right -- way too many Grade A chances right out in front, Keith and Fear both didn't have a chance on most of those goals. I still maintain that Fear looked better than KP did, but neither one had much of a chance. Lots of puck-watching in the D-zone, and just no situational awareness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                      7-2 does not lie. I stopped watching after the 2nd period, but from what I saw they're lacking confidence. I don't think this team is a championship contender this year because they don't appear to have the high-end skill that you need to win something, but they're better than this.

You're right -- way too many Grade A chances right out in front, Keith and Fear both didn't have a chance on most of those goals. I still maintain that Fear looked better than KP did, but neither one had much of a chance. Lots of puck-watching in the D-zone, and just no situational awareness.
                      Fear did look more confident tonight and from what I witnessed behind the net in the second period, he seemed to track the puck better. He looks to be more steady on his feet as well, perhaps a better skater? It was also interesting to see OC play at least a few shifts on D, as well as QB a couple PP rushes in the second. He played at least one shift with Britt. Probably due to PD’s ejection. But i think it’s his first game action at D from what i recall.

Harvard isn’t good, they are great. 7-2 is a drubbing but that team is very very good. That may be the best team they face all year. One of the QU parents told me BEFORE the game he thinks Harvard is a national championship contender right now.

Comment

Harvard has the best talent in the ECAC hands down and it ain’t close. If they get goaltending they are winning the league title.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          Harvard has the best talent in the ECAC hands down and it ain’t close. If they get goaltending they are winning the league title.
                          A Harvard fan here who was at the game. Harvard is good but the game seemed lots closer to me than the 7-2 score would indicate. QU has a very fast skating team and Harvard is just maybe half a step faster.

Fear looked good in goal, nice showing by a frosh. I was surprised by the work by Harvard's goalie, Gibson, also a frosh and playing his second college game. His presence bodes well for Harvard.

As a hockey fan it was a good game to watch. QU got only one more penalty than HU, time differential was the major and misconduct.

Best of luck to Quinnipiac for the balance of the season (other than January 3rd of course). We seem fated to meet up in the ECAC tourney in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            After watching Cornell last night, I think they may be up there with Harvard.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Losing Dilly hurt but didn't cost us that game. We need serious help on the back end and have to figure out a way to finish. And it appears the whole team has a bit of a confidence problem... "panic" as Rand likes to call it.

Fear did look better than KP in net, even while giving up 4. He was squared up and in position to challenge. His weakness seems to be high glove side and Harvard exploited it.

I have to think that Beaudreau is hurt because he's easily a #4 D in this lineup. Lee had a pretty rough night and Friedman was only so-so.

Odeen was snakebit again but had a few good looks. First and fourth lines seemed ok. Two and three were bad. All the pre-season hype for Van Nes hasn't materialized. Brind'amour can't seem to get on track.

Bottom line: they have not yet gelled and found their "identity". I won't say it's looking like a repeat of 17-18, but it's close. Not too many lost weekends left.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Losing Dilly hurt but didn't cost us that game. We need serious help on the back end and have to figure out a way to finish. And it appears the whole team has a bit of a confidence problem... "panic" as Rand likes to call it.

Fear did look better than KP in net, even while giving up 4. He was squared up and in position to challenge. His weakness seems to be high glove side and Harvard exploited it.

I have to think that Beaudreau is hurt because he's easily a #4 D in this lineup. Lee had a pretty rough night and Friedman was only so-so.

Odeen was snakebit again but had a few good looks. First and fourth lines seemed ok. Two and three were bad. All the pre-season hype for Van Nes hasn't materialized. Brind'amour can't seem to get on track.

Bottom line: they have not yet gelled and found their "identity". I won't say it's looking like a repeat of 17-18, but it's close. Not too many lost weekends left.
                                Nowhere near close to that time yet IMO. We've played 1 ECAC weekend, we have 10 to go. This league is good enough that despite the struggles OOC, we can get our Pairwise in good position through the league. I'm not worried at that level yet. It's a young team, they'll improve as the year goes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X