2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
      mark i think this was one of the best Odeen games this season. but these kids are not together, the line chemistry is off....not even handful of blade to blade passes...errant outlet passes and down on offense, it is just tentative at best with a one timer or tight angle shots. me talking about it here means nothing, but hopefully the coaches can figure this out. In no way was I implying Jayden Lee's game compares to Brandon Fortunato. Brandon was a very very very good complete hockey player for Quinnipiac and he made the team better.

In Jayden's play, he made his line better and for some reason, the other line combos played better than the current line combos, or maybe I am just thinking so and the stats may suggest otherwise. During that 11-2 run, passes were being made into the wheelhouses, shots being fired off passes and the motion of the team in either direction was fluid....

From QUAlum's blog post:

"One more Quinnipiac win or a RPI loss or a Bobcats tie combined with a RPI loss or tie will clinch a first round bye for the Bobcats in the ECAC playoffs. #ECACHockey"

This team still has a shot, but they play (down to the competition) like they are not as good OR not that much better than their opponent, unless it is a ranked team - then, they become giant killers and play like they have nothing to lose.

Champions come out and play like they have nothing to lose every game.
      I think Chorney's game has been very good. He battles like heck and goes 110%. Like Lee as well.....just think we need a forward or line to really step up if we are going to advance.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
        I think Chorney's game has been very good. He battles like heck and goes 110%. Like Lee as well.....
        Just curious, what does Chorney possess that Head and Boudreau didn't have? I suppose one could say patience. But my point is, could one or both of them have added value, particulary Head who's doing pretty well back in the BCHL? From an outsider's perspective, it seems like they were relegated before they could have any impact.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
          Just curious, what does Chorney possess that Head and Boudreau didn't have? I suppose one could say patience. But my point is, could one or both of them have added value, particulary Head who's doing pretty well back in the BCHL? From an outsider's perspective, it seems like they were relegated before they could have any impact.
          I think Cam came in well respected as was given every opportunity. Would have to believe he'd be in the top 6 now, maybe top 4. Head I don't know much about. Yet its top level NCAA hockey, very rare to show up and make in impact immediately. Especially with a system that QU runs defensively. Chorney has put in his time, basically a year and a half. Have to believe he's had second thoughts along the route. I wish every kid could show up and be an immediate impact for QU....will tell you I trust Rand and the staff that they are making good decisions. None of us know the entire story on any of these boys.

Comment

Boudreau was a head scratcher after the effort he put in over the 2nd half of last season. From my perspective he would have certainly been top 4 this season. Not sure why he fell out of favor so quickly.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your thoughtful, measured responses. I agree with you that there are two sides to every story with the truth oftentimes lying somewhere inbetween. I realize Boudreau came in at prior season's semester because of a rash of injuries. But to roster 10+ dmen this season necessitating so many scratches game after game is not player-friendly, notwithstanding Rand & Co.'s good decision-making skills. It’s disappointing to me when coaches overrecruit to such an extent. Because, as has been pointed out, it's top-level NCAA hockey and all of these players think they're good enough to not only make an impact at the D1 level but play in the pros (with the ultimate goal of course being the NHL). I'm all for players battling for playing time, but there has to be a realistic chance to earn it. With 10+ dmen, the odds aren't necessarily in your favor and it can’t be good for the lockerroom. But that’s just an outsider’s observation as I truly have no horse in the QU race.

Comment

• Just getting ready to post that every other game went our way for Pairwise till Umass Lowell ties game with :53 left....that woulda moved us up to 16 or 17 if UNH won...maybe in OT

Comment

That win was a lot harder then it needed to be but I'll take it, the 20-win season, and the first round bye!

Now it's time to #BeatYale!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI
                    Join a real league.
                    you have had 10 years to work that line, "join a real league"....you can do better Groot!

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                      you have had 10 years to work that line, "join a real league"....you can do better Groot!
                      Ten years? Where did you get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        That win was a lot harder then it needed to be but I'll take it, the 20-win season, and the first round bye!

Now it's time to #BeatYale!
                        A win is a win, and we haven’t had many pretty ones. Lots of shots on goal but many are long range with the hope of a bounce or tip, or right into the goalie’s chest, apparently just looking for an offensive zone face off.

I know this isn’t really a bad thing, because I know it means we’re winning but, do we have an empty net goal this year? My point is there appears to be a pure panic mode in those situations. Back in the Anas, Clifton, etc days their eyes would light up and their focus would sharpen and more times than not the dagger was delivered in seconds. I suppose as long as we’re not letting in late goals (Thanks KP), it’s all good.

3rd place for this team has to be considered a successful year. Hopefully the A+ effort shows up tonight and a big win pushes them into the bye week with some momentum and confidence for the playoffs. #BeatYale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your thoughtful, measured responses. I agree with you that there are two sides to every story with the truth oftentimes lying somewhere inbetween. I realize Boudreau came in at prior season's semester because of a rash of injuries. But to roster 10+ dmen this season necessitating so many scratches game after game is not player-friendly, notwithstanding Rand & Co.'s good decision-making skills. It’s disappointing to me when coaches overrecruit to such an extent. Because, as has been pointed out, it's top-level NCAA hockey and all of these players think they're good enough to not only make an impact at the D1 level but play in the pros (with the ultimate goal of course being the NHL). I'm all for players battling for playing time, but there has to be a realistic chance to earn it. With 10+ dmen, the odds aren't necessarily in your favor and it can’t be good for the lockerroom. But that’s just an outsider’s observation as I truly have no horse in the QU race.
                          With Cukste and Dilly anchored in, and Friedman and Metsa pretty secure at the start of the year, there were really only 2 spots available early. I think I saw Head committed to OSU, not too shabby for a kid that couldn’t break the line up. I haven’t seen anything on Cam yet, wonder if there’s a possibility of a return?

As you stated, and my grandmother used to say, there are 3 sides to every story. The two parties’ sides, and the truth. And with Q’s style, we’ll never hear any of them. Regardless, I wish them all well.

Comment

When Cam cam in last year, my initial thought was why? Understand QU's reason, didn't understand why he would accept. If you look at the trend, everyone is over-recruiting. to a ridiculous level. So if you are involved with a player and their future, have to be fully informed. On the other hand....tonight Yale...need a few cups of coffee for this one, maybe a pre-game whiskey. I wish the best for the boys, yet they have already accomplished a lot. Proud of this organization.

Comment

#BeatYale
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                                On the other hand....tonight Yale...need a few cups of coffee for this one, maybe a pre-game whiskey. I wish the best for the boys, yet they have already accomplished a lot. Proud of this organization.
                                I’m with you on all points, including the whiskey . When they played Cornell a few weeks ago, they had nothing to lose. They played loose and the game flowed. Tonight, their spot in the playoffs is set. NCAAs are really a long shot for an at large. Perhaps we see that same loose attitude and performance. You know the rink will be rock’n.

You’re correct that this team has accomplished so much, especially since the early year struggles. There’s a bright future in Hamden, and we aren’t done yet this year.

Hope for a great game tonight and that nobody gets hurt. If KP has a couple good periods and we are up, I wouldn’t mind seeing Fear get some 3rd period ice time. It will be good for them to have a couple weeks off to heal up and refocus. Maybe get some PP work in

Comment

Working...
                                X