Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Just spoke to the Yale box office and they stated that meetings are taking place today about whether fans will be allowed to attend this weekends games.
    Last edited by LTsatch; 03-09-2020, 02:21 PM.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
      Yup, still don’t know how they disallowed that Union goal. That was a debatable interference or hook on the Yale defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It should have been a hook on the Yale defender. Couldn't believe that got waived off.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Just spoke to the Yale box office and they stated that meetings are taking place today about whether fans will be allowed to attend this weekends games.
        This leaving the realm of ridiculous and entering into insanity.

Comment

This leaving the realm of ridiculous and entering into insanity.

*******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2c.jpg********
          This is making me a bit concerned that we’ll be having a message delivered shortly. This is not a typical “sold out” message. Hopefully just a bug.

Comment

*******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2c.jpg********
            This is making me a bit concerned that we’ll be having a message delivered shortly. This is not a typical “sold out” message. Hopefully just a bug.

If you can’t see this pic, it says Error processing seats, Event unavailable for sale.

Comment

If you can’t see this pic, it says Error processing seats, Event unavailable for sale.

From my desktop, it says no future events available. I doubt there is a sellout, QU rarely sells out the quarterfinals due to spring break.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Congrats on being the 2nd ECAC school to lose a large part of the homefield advantage.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-10-2020, 07:59 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Congrats on being the 2nd ECAC school to lose a large part of the home0feild advantage.
                  Nothing official yet, but I don't have a good feeling about this...
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

There's also no link for tickets on the schedule page, so ... yep, this does not appear to be a glitch.

As fans of the team we don't have to like it, but we all certainly understand it. Hamden is not terribly far away from one of the larger outbreaks of this thing in the country, so it's completely understandable.

Comment

The CIAC just cancelled the remaining games in high school hockey. The state tourney was set to begin this weekend.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

https://***********/ChipMalafronte/s...069668353?s=19

Doesn't sound promising.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Congrats on being the 2nd ECAC school to lose a large part of the homefield advantage.
                          Actually, Cornell gets that honor:
                          https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/10/cor...at-lynah-rink/
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Maybe it's not so bad in your neck of the woods, but in the NYC area there is a pretty pronounced outbreak of this thing, and considering Hamden is within the Metro North range of NYC, it does kind of make sense to take precautions even if no one in Hamden has it yet.

This isn't about being fearful, it's about mitigation, trying to make sure vulnerable people aren't exposed. So if we need to overreact for a month or so, it's for a good reason. None of this is an overreaction if we can stem this virus from spreading.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                              Maybe it's not so bad in your neck of the woods, but in the NYC area there is a pretty pronounced outbreak of this thing, and considering Hamden is within the Metro North range of NYC, it does kind of make sense to take precautions even if no one in Hamden has it yet.

This isn't about being fearful, it's about mitigation, trying to make sure vulnerable people aren't exposed. So if we need to overreact for a month or so, it's for a good reason. None of this is an overreaction if we can stem this virus from spreading.
                              Yea I see the Rangers and Knicks have had so many new cases from their 6 home games last week. What a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post

Your points are all valid but the school is on break this week. There's minimal risk to the student population if fans are allowed this weekend.

On the other hand, I don't really want to tempt fate personally so maybe it's for the best.

The Cornell situation stems from the Ivy League so it will be interesting if that has any effect on Yale (and Harvard @ RPI).
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X