Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

I am enjoying this game. Would watch again.

Great way to end the regular season. Who would have thought we'd get the #3 seed in the conference, and be on the NCAA Tournament bubble when the first half of the year ended. Great job by Rand and the guys to bring this thing together to 21 wins in the regular season and the fringe of the tournament.

Comment

5-0 is our largest margin of victory over Yale in school history!

Comment

We are back in business thanks to Northeastern getting swept by Vermont. That was enormous.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          We are back in business thanks to Northeastern getting swept by Vermont. That was enormous.
          It would really be an incredible achievement if this team made the tournament. They probably need to at least get to Lake Placid if not play in the title game, but it would really be something.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
            I am enjoying this game.
            You should have been there... great atmosphere!

Would watch again.
            I will be!

Yale had absolutely nothing for us. Petro had probably his best game of the season. He was not going to be beat tonight.

A mixed bag of offense was nice to see. Capitalized on some rebounds, mistakes, and stupid Yale penalties. The 2 4x4 goals in the 3rd were fantastic.

Use the bye week to rest and work on the little details for the quarters.

Well done, Bobcats!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

KP showed all of us, who were skeptical early this season, that he is all that and more! Defense, Goalie coaches refined their play so their positioning complimented each other as the lines got familiar playing together. Very good players who played together, not a bunch of "stat chasers" like we have in Prep School teams.

Best goal of the year: SKYLER BRIND'AMOUR

Bobcats a class team, did not run it up, no one ended up with a skate on their throat - Yale is a great hockey school and that game could have gone either way for a while.

Very enjoyable game played this evening, capping a nice regular season for both clubs...Yale will be back strong, lot of talent!

Comment

Nick Jermain-Bulldog slayer... he got his first regular season goal against Yale as well as his last. Nice way to bookend a college career!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Not enough time, or enough ways to say what I enjoyed about that game. The crowd was buzzing. There was a young recruit in front of us, his parents were yelling and screaming and chanting all night long. If his mind wasn’t made up yesterday morning, it might be today.

Hope they carry that passion and turn it into momentum for the next few weeks. Even the pairwise gods worked in our favor.

Great way for the seniors to finish up their senior weekend.

I think the playoffs are the start of spring break. Hopefully the building gets a little buzz from the neighborhood. Hope they push the marketing and fill the PUC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spring Break March 9 - 14th

Dartmouth or Princeton at The PUC March 13th - 15th

What a weekend to come back from break!!

Have to ask, any update or sighting of Jayden Lee?! Arm still in sling?!

Comment

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                      Spring Break March 9 - 14th

Dartmouth or Princeton at The PUC March 13th - 15th

What a weekend to come back from break!!

Hopefully they let the kids come back early and they actually do. Classes won’t resume until the 16th.

I think they reseed after the first round. If Princeton beats Dartmouth they’ll play Cornell or Clarkson I think, depending on how Harvard does against St Lawrence. QU will play the 3rd lowest seed left. I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by QUFan; 03-01-2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Lee was around all weekend with the rest of the guys not dressed. He was wearing a suit and didn't appear to be nursing anything.

TJ Freidman did not dress this weekend but I did not hear anything as to his status.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Lee was around all weekend with the rest of the guys not dressed. He was wearing a suit and didn't appear to be nursing anything.

TJ Freidman did not dress this weekend but I did not hear anything as to his status.
                          Keeping Lee out was smart. Maybe he could have played but getting him the extra two weeks of full health is worth it. He's that important.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Keeping Lee out was smart. Maybe he could have played but getting him the extra two weeks of full health is worth it. He's that important.
                            That's relief to me . . . in prior years we had injured skaters like Sam back post season, but they were not quite 100% and it showed..but glad he is OK and smart move to rest him up a bit.

Re: Brind Amour's shot....I take it from no reply that my naive hockey fan ship is over reaching on assessing that as great shot!? I love great plays more than great shots, because teams win games not players who make great shots, but that was athletic...maybe letting sleeping dogs lay is best?

Comment

Re: Brind Amour's shot....I take it from no reply that my naive hockey fan ship is over reaching on assessing that as great shot!? I love great plays more than great shots, because teams win games not players who make great shots, but that was athletic...maybe letting sleeping dogs lay is best?
                              Well, it was #3 on SportsCenter!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

That's relief to me . . . in prior years we had injured skaters like Sam back post season, but they were not quite 100% and it showed..but glad he is OK and smart move to rest him up a bit.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. I was in a room of non-hockey fans when that play came on in SportsCenter today, and the entire room was oo'ing and aa'hing. That was a crazy move for that goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X