Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Makes total sense in a case like this. If they don’t issue the stay while the case is pending, then the records would have to be released right away. After that, they can’t very well go back in 6 months and un-ring the bell. Issuing the stay is the only way to keep their options open until they actually hear the case.
    They don't have to grant cert. They can just say the appellate court is correct and Dump can pound sand.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      They don't have to grant cert. They can just say the appellate court is correct and Dump can pound sand.
      But they won't get around to that decision for at least a month while they wait for the other side to respond and then meet in conference. Again, you can't unring the bell if you let the taxes get released in the meantime.

If they grant cert, then you can scream.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        But they won't get around to that decision for at least a month while they wait for the other side to respond and then meet in conference. Again, you can't unring the bell if you let the taxes get released in the meantime.

If they grant cert, then you can scream.
        Do you think they will?
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is cert five or is a hold five?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Is cert five or is a hold five?
            Four to grant cert, five to stay. Tradition is that if 4 grant cert, a 5th will provide a courtesy vote to stay as needed. Individual judges can issue temporary stays on their own pending review by the full court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Do you think they will?
              Probably, simply because it involves the President. If it was literally anyone else, I doubt they'd grant.

Comment

Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Do we really think Roberts will trash what's left of his legacy by going along with the nutball wing of the court though? And I don't think Gorsuch is an automatic lock to do it, either.
                *ahem*
                Gorsuch to appear on Fox and Friends.

Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I was told this isn't a problem. If I were to say it were now I would just be accused of being a Chicken Little again.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Susie said this was all settled law.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Susie said this was all settled law.
                        That's chicken little too.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://t.co/mfnsaj8SqE?amp=1

Someone tell John Roberts please!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            https://t.co/mfnsaj8SqE?amp=1

Someone tell John Roberts please!
                            None of the Republicans on the Court sincerely believe the doctrine has any merit. They see it as an effective tool to jam their ideology down our throats.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Pardon my negativity, but I just can't see positive outcomes for the LGBT community when those decisions are made
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

SCOTUS rules 5-4 that the administration can deny green cards to anyone who might need gov't aid.

Cue Scoobs.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X