UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

First period was the best period of hockey by UVM that I have seen at Gutterson in several years. In the second period UVM got called for a horrible non-existent penalty. Both Sneddon and Patrick screamed at the refs. My seats are across the ice from the bench and it was embarrassing to hear them. Predictably BC scored 30 seconds later. You could see the team tighten up and start trying to force things. They also spent a lot of time chirping at the refs. Jump ahead to 8 minutes left in the game. BC is assessed a 5 minute major on another questionable call by the refs. I look at the bench and Jerry York is talking to his players. Coaches coach. Losers whine about the officiating.

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
      First period was the best period of hockey by UVM that I have seen at Gutterson in several years. In the second period UVM got called for a horrible non-existent penalty. Both Sneddon and Patrick screamed at the refs. My seats are across the ice from the bench and it was embarrassing to hear them. Predictably BC scored 30 seconds later. You could see the team tighten up and start trying to force things. They also spent a lot of time chirping at the refs. Jump ahead to 8 minutes left in the game. BC is assessed a 5 minute major on another questionable call by the refs. I look at the bench and Jerry York is talking to his players. Coaches coach. Losers whine about the officiating.
      Der is da weason why Jerwy is winningest div 1 ice hockey coach of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        I watched that game, it was awesome. They nearly gave me a heart attack at the end, but then Lamb came through! Great win!!!
        I'm a Hornets and UVM fan. Two buzzer beaters, same city, same day...my heart is exhausted lol
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
          Players tend to get worse over time under Sneddon. Check out player stats in relation to class rank-it's ugly. I'm really afraid he already has another
          contract extension in place.
          if he is still getting recruits who are saying they are coming down the line he probably does! i do not want to question kids or parents but who does that with a coach that is according to the public account is lame duck?? of course this is why as you say his drinking buddy already given him a deal who cares about the people. but also since results suck so much i question how desprate this kids must be go say they go D1 if they commit to UvM because fact is by end of day many probably just as bad as current players in the talent departement -- dont want to knock players trying hard not their fault but already heard Sneddon lost the locker room and trash locker room after lowell series and yelled at players so maybe the man finally loses it and when you act like a loser your players do not respect you which clearly been the case for a while!

I very much also wish some of those Sneddon support crew or those who stay away because of the negative here would come and let us know the thoughts! how long can the excuses go this team could not win until after the new year!

basketball team wins so much let their coach take Sneddons salary and coach both i read a story he coached tennis without ever playing would lightining stike twice? haha!

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
            if he is still getting recruits who are saying they are coming down the line he probably does! i do not want to question kids or parents but who does that with a coach that is according to the public account is lame duck?? of course this is why as you say his drinking buddy already given him a deal who cares about the people. but also since results suck so much i question how desprate this kids must be go say they go D1 if they commit to UvM because fact is by end of day many probably just as bad as current players in the talent departement -- dont want to knock players trying hard not their fault but already heard Sneddon lost the locker room and trash locker room after lowell series and yelled at players so maybe the man finally loses it and when you act like a loser your players do not respect you which clearly been the case for a while!

I very much also wish some of those Sneddon support crew or those who stay away because of the negative here would come and let us know the thoughts! how long can the excuses go this team could not win until after the new year!

basketball team wins so much let their coach take Sneddons salary and coach both i read a story he coached tennis without ever playing would lightining stike twice? haha!
            Hell.. let the team coach itself.. how much worse can it get? Donate the salary to recruiting budget.. and someone posted about Ducharme. He would be a great addition here..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
              Hell.. let the team coach itself.. how much worse can it get? Donate the salary to recruiting budget.. and someone posted about Ducharme. He would be a great addition here..
              Probably not going to get Ducharme away from the Canadiens at this point

Comment

Fire Sneddon

Comment

No one even cares anymore.... they lost the program, the fans, etc.. I would rather watch Slapshot. more entertaining by far.

Comment

We just got another commit the other day, Joe Calvarino from the Westchester Express U16. Expected to join 2022-2023 season, but it feels like those long range commits never show.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      No one even cares anymore.... they lost the program, the fans, etc.. I would rather watch Slapshot. more entertaining by far.
                      The point still stands that UVM sucks ... but to be fair, there are not many things on this planet more entertaining than Slapshot.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Cats almost take down last year's national champs and current #7 UVA in BB last night! Can Becker coach hockey? Arguably, you don't need to know much about it. I mean, look at Sneddon....

Comment

• The men’s basketball team is the real deal, and the coaching staff is clearly professional and serious. They showed last night they can run with any team in the country. Even so, Becker still expects more...and he’s instilled that in his players.

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Cats almost take down last year's national champs and current #7 UVA in BB last night! Can Becker coach hockey? Arguably, you don't need to know much about it. I mean, look at Sneddon....

Comment

Mike Babcock just became available. We can dream right? I'd gladly take Leafs' assistant Dave Hakstol too. Might as well start making wish lists to help the season go by quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                              Fire Sneddon
                              I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                                Mike Babcock just became available. We can dream right? I'd gladly take Leafs' assistant Dave Hakstol too. Might as well start making wish lists to help the season go by quicker.
                                Met Babcock briefly last year at Gutterson - he was there watching his son play and liked Gutterson...

Comment

Working...
                                X