• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Sneddon. Out. No need for this account anymore

Comment

FINALLLLY!

It's worth noting that Sneddon did good work here for a few years. Moving on should've happened 2 years ago, but we should remember that this team was leading BU in the 3rd period of the '09 Frozen Four. The Sneddon era wasn't a total dumpster fire.

Mike McMahon was tweeting a list of possible candidates that included Wallack...YIKES!

Barr, Ellsworth, Lang are my favorites. Montgomery would be awesome but there is no way.

Comment

"Retiring" at age 49. What you guys been paying him up there???

Comment

Congrats on the great news, Vermont fans. Let's hope the next guy can build you guys back up. I'm cheering for you. (Unless you're playing Maine, of course).

Comment

Retiring before 50? Or moving on to sell insurance.
            Sneddon should have gone years ago. Not only were his teams underachievers for the past decade, they played a boring brand of hockey.

Vermont has deserved so much better. The rabid Catamounts fanbase has moved to basketball. Vermont should always be a hockey school. Now they can restart and potentially be that again.

Comment

Two words. Ben Barr.

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                YES!!!! them letting him get to retire is a joke but the deed has been done and its the first win for the Cats in a long time!!!
                Someone pointed out that him stepping down early gives us a head start on the coaching market. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's something
                https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                  Someone pointed out that him stepping down early gives us a head start on the coaching market. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's something
                  I would say yes and no to that. Certainly gives you more time to line someone up but at the same time it would depend on who else is looking for a coach. And even then certain coaches fit certain schools better. Not every school will have the same pool of candidates. Will also depend on how much UVM is willing to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by VCatGrad89 View Post
                    FINALLLLY!

It's worth noting that Sneddon did good work here for a few years. Moving on should've happened 2 years ago, but we should remember that this team was leading BU in the 3rd period of the '09 Frozen Four. The Sneddon era wasn't a total dumpster fire.

Mike McMahon was tweeting a list of possible candidates that included Wallack...YIKES!

Barr, Ellsworth, Lang are my favorites. Montgomery would be awesome but there is no way.
                    Yes thanks for the good times no thanks for the bad. It was time. My guess is the "retirement" is a combination of Sneddon probably knew he was done and maybe wanted to be done and instead of going through this song and dance of will they or won't they plus getting all the bad PR in the world of late especially with his boneheaded comments and this comes a week later...hmmm.

McMahon probably is buddies with Wallack but there is no chance in hell he's getting this job. The candidates he listed were Barr (UMass asst), Cam Ellsworth (Norwich), Kris Mayotte (Michigan asst), Tim Whitehead (former Maine coach who is coaching a prep school I think), David Lassonde (Dartmouth asst), Josh Hauge (Clarkson asst), Ben Syer (Cornell asst), Joe Dumais (Quinnipiac asst), Eric Lang (AIC), Keith Fisher (Penn St asst), Gary Heenan (Utica), Fred Harbinson (Penicton BCHL), Anthony Noreen (Tri City USHL), Peter Mannino (Des Moines USHL) and Seth Appert at USNDT and former RPI coach.

I'm sure there will be interest from those people and others but we will see. Really needs to be the right hire I don't care about flash I want results and wins for this team.

Comment

This is who we should hire! https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-CHN-Coach.php

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Per UVM men's hockey page...Kevin Sneddon retiring at the end of the season.
                        While a new head coach may get Vermont back to winning, I believe they will also need to increase the school’s monetary commitment to the program if they really want it to be a regular contender for home ice and deep post season runs. As I previously mentioned UML backed up the hiring of Coach Bazin with an immediate 35% increase in the hockey program’s budget. Based on the 2018 numbers that is roughly a $770,000 increase for Vermont, to just under $3 million.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I'm not sure guys like Tim Whitehead and Seth Appert are the answer. They flamed out at schools who have similar challenges to UVM.

Comment

No surprise, it was well known that Sneddon was done after this year. Just a matter of when and how it was going to play out. This allows Schulman to get an early jump on getting a new coach in here, hopefully very soon after the season ends.

Sneddon is only 49, so who knows what his future holds. I’m sure he has a lot of connections if he wants to stay in Hockey at some capacity. He probably will take some time off, then decide what he wants to do. No head coaching job in the near horizon, that’s for sure.

Like Gilligan and Sneddon, the new guy likely will come in and revitalize the program. But sustaining that early success is trickier. This has been an ongoing issue at UVM, including after the first few years in D1 with Cross. As I’ve noted before, they are all sub 0.500 at UVM as a D1 program.
                            Last edited by jfromvt; 02-05-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Jim Montgomery would be my first call...
                              Ummm, believe he's currently in rehab for alcohol abuse.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...ment-1.5414568

Comment

I wonder what Mike Babcock is doing

Comment

Working...
                                X