Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

https://twitter.com/HockeyCommits/st...10758503784455

UVM getting another commitment...either this kid really loves the school or is out of his mind committing to a school that by all accounts is firing its hockey coach. That or our worst fears are confirmed and Sneddon is staying and they'll do some BS like getting him a whole new coaching staff as if that will solve anything. Hey maybe the team can win its first conference game this weekend though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
      https://twitter.com/HockeyCommits/st...10758503784455

UVM getting another commitment...either this kid really loves the school or is out of his mind committing to a school that by all accounts is firing its hockey coach. That or our worst fears are confirmed and Sneddon is staying and they'll do some BS like getting him a whole new coaching staff as if that will solve anything. Hey maybe the team can win its first conference game this weekend though.
      Or he’s a relative of Joey Gasparini. Brother maybe, or nephew?

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Or he’s a relative of Joey Gasparini. Brother maybe, or nephew?
        OR...OR...Does this maybe signal Joey Gasparini is gonna be the next UVM head coach. Ya know, Mario wants to play for his brother, or uncle, or cousin at UVM. I know Joey’s been an assistant coach at UMass. Does anyone have any idea if he’s qualified to take the reins as head guy at UVM? I can see Schulman wanting to hire a UVM guy. Hmmm....

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          I know Joey’s been an assistant coach at UMass.
          Of course UVM too. Didn’t think I needed to mention that, but it would certainly be a factor too.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            Of course UVM too. Didn’t think I needed to mention that, but it would certainly be a factor too.
            He's been out of hockey for 3-4 years now and sells insurance. Also given how he was the start of part of the problem here it's a very hard no.

Also blowing a 4-1 lead tonight? Wonderful...but hey a point is a point!

Comment

Also apparently the kid is Joey's nephew. So I guess it makes some sense but still I would not be advising kids to commit to a school that has a coaching situation like this. Unless of course as I said Sneddon is secretly operating under a new deal.

Comment

There is an abundance of talent on this team. The kids work hard. The problem is behind the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                  There is an abundance of talent on this team. The kids work hard. The problem is behind the bench.
                  This is my opinion as well. To name at least one name I see as talented, Andrew Lucas should be a pillar going forward; he's the type of puck-dominant, smooth-skating blueliner that's absolutely mandatory in the modern game. He could be special with a good coach imo
                  https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                  https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                  NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                  Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                    I’m not sure I’d call it “an abundance of talent.” I’d reserve that for a team like BC. But we’ve got enough talent to be maybe a 7th or 8th place team in HE.

Didn’t watch the game last night, but checked the score several times. Last time I looked there was about a minute and a half left. Thought their first league win was in the bag. I’d call it a devastating loss, but then how can a team this bad suffer a “devastating” loss. Instead, it’s just another loss.

Comment

I hope Sneddon and schulman enjoy being the laughingstock of college hockey and the entire state of Vermont!! if they still think it only a few fans that are doing this they are dead wrong!!

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                        I hope Sneddon and schulman enjoy being the laughingstock of college hockey and the entire state of Vermont!! if they still think it only a few fans that are doing this they are dead wrong!!
                        I know they are the laughing stock on Twitter. Everybody is clowning on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont2004 View Post
                          I know they are the laughing stock on Twitter. Everybody is clowning on them.
                          They are going to wear out Hide Reply on the UVM hockey twitter feed. Saw that the thread was active and was hoping to find out Sneddon stepped down 'for medical reasons'

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                            They are going to wear out Hide Reply on the UVM hockey twitter feed. Saw that the thread was active and was hoping to find out Sneddon stepped down 'for medical reasons'
                            They post results on twitter because they have to but I've noticed they outright have stopped posting game recaps or scores to Facebook completely because they get so many comments from people rightfully saying the program sucks. If you're on instagram they only post whenever they get wins for any sport so the hockey team hasn't gotten much action on there.

It really is a joke though and the online folks are just the ones saying it on their platform. I know plenty of others not even sports fans or UVM followers who have commented on how bad it is asking why haven't they fired the guy yet. Whether or not UVM has a pulse on it or not though the empty rink for games should be a sign but they've absolutely gutted the program's reputation around here. I guess the silver lining is Sneddon hopefully has already packed a lot of his stuff because they tore his office down to build the new basketball facility. Only reason I heard they won't let Sneddon take the leave for his surgery is that Kevin Patrick will leave too because he only wants the interim job if he gets a chance at the permanent one...and that's not happening and they don't trust Jeff Hill to run things because he's pretty green to coaching so this is where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                              Only reason I heard they won't let Sneddon take the leave for his surgery is that Kevin Patrick will leave too because he only wants the interim job if he gets a chance at the permanent one...and that's not happening and they don't trust Jeff Hill to run things because he's pretty green to coaching so this is where we are.
                              Seriously? If true, that's so stupid. How bout you take the interim position, do a really amazing job with the team, produce some surprising victories down the stretch, and thus make a good case you should be named the permanent coach? I dunno, if I were a coach, that's how I'd be thinking. I'm sure that's exactly what Ed Ogeron was thinking when he took the reins on an interim basis at LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                                ...Only reason I heard they won't let Sneddon take the leave for his surgery is that Kevin Patrick will leave too because he only wants the interim job if he gets a chance at the permanent one...and that's not happening and they don't trust Jeff Hill to run things because he's pretty green to coaching so this is where we are.
                                Let the Club hockey coach or Jerry Tarrant finish out the year as interim along with Hill and flick Patrick. It's not like it can be any worse and it would let UVM start its coaching search ahead of everyone else.

After I wrote this St. Louis's name popped into my head. Looks like he is coaching with the Columbus Blue Jackets
                                Last edited by j24vt; 01-27-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X