Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    they should fire Sneddon after another pathetic performance! and what a jerk not taking out Lekkas!! really putting your NECK out for the team you jerk! someone pay for his surgery and recover time to not coach right now
    Biggest embarrassment in college hockey!!
    It is interesting why you wouldn't pull him after say goal 7. Is Harmon that incapable to play half a period and perhaps gain more experience for next season? Lekkas was also coming off two hard working performances in the C-Cup and perhaps could have used a breather. Not that it was his fault for most of the goals but there was no need to leave him in the whole game.

Comment

I can't imagine Sneddon gets another year, thoughts? I don't know what final record will look like but this looks like one of the worst teams in Hockey East history. Or at least recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I can't imagine Sneddon gets another year, thoughts? I don't know what final record will look like but this looks like one of the worst teams in Hockey East history. Or at least recent history.
        I can't imagine either, but it's UVM, so you never know. I don't know this for sure, having not lived in VT for quite a while now, but I kinda think UVM is still the type of school that fancies itself as an "elite" academic institute, at least among state universities. (I know, total BS, but whatever). In general, they don't fire coaches, or really even move on after a coaching contract expires. Jeff Schulman (the AD) is a relatively young guy and early on in his tenure, and I'm not sure he has the guts to not give Sneddon another chance. The easy move on his part would be to just use the usual excuses like "let's see what happens after renovations to The Gut are complete," etc. Frankly, I don't think anyone other than rabid fans (like the folks on here) would make much of a stink, or really care one way or the other. I've been tweeting at Schulman regularly this year to let Sneddon go and name an interim coach. Shockingly, there are people on Twitter who still defend Sneddon--i.e., "he's a great guy, does a lot for the community," etc. In my mind, I think the chances of Sneddon being gone after this season are about 40%. Maybe someone who hears the scuttlebutt around UVM/Vermont can weigh in on what their sense is.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
          It is interesting why you wouldn't pull him after say goal 7. Is Harmon that incapable to play half a period and perhaps gain more experience for next season? Lekkas was also coming off two hard working performances in the C-Cup and perhaps could have used a breather. Not that it was his fault for most of the goals but there was no need to leave him in the whole game.
          Plus we may need to use him more next season given that we just lost one of our goalie commits to northeastern this week (Devon Levi)
          https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I'm honestly better with losing 8-3 than 3-0 every game. Watching virtually the same game over and over again was getting maddening. If we are going to lose every game, lets at least score a few goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
              I'm honestly better with losing 8-3 than 3-0 every game. Watching virtually the same game over and over again was getting maddening. If we are going to lose every game, lets at least score a few goals.
              I agree, to be honest. The only crime worse than being bad is being bad *and* boring
              https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Did anyone else watch the BC game replays and notice the incredible d-zone coverage lapses? Full strength, man down...the guys are clearly lost. Coaches set up structure and systems...it’s beyond obvious the problem is at the top.

Comment

Harmon should dress as a defense man for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                    Ugh. Thought you guys had that one.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                      Why, was he bad? Only saw about 10 mins of the 1st period.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        Why, was he bad? Only saw about 10 mins of the 1st period.
                        Harmon played well - no worries for goalie next year. The defense in front of him not so much. Too many bad decisions that led to turnovers in the defensive zone. Coverage breakdowns, losing battles, afraid to engage,...

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                          Harmon played well - no worries for goalie next year. The defense in front of him not so much. Too many bad decisions that led to turnovers in the defensive zone. Coverage breakdowns, losing battles, afraid to engage,...
                          Oh, I see. The usual stuff....

Comment

If Schulman were a smart man he would skip Dartmouth game and travel to Middlebury where #1 Trinity is playing and get the scout on Trinity coach who has national title win and brought that team up Dont think a coach of that level is probably best but he wins and more than UVM can say now I say no stone unturn!

Comment

Didn't Princeton go that route with their current coach? They won ECAC title a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Didn't Princeton go that route with their current coach? They won ECAC title a couple years ago.
                                Ya. It lasted one year!
                                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X