Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
    Let the Club hockey coach or Jerry Tarrant finish out the year as interim along with Hill and flick Patrick. It's not like it can be any worse and it would let UVM start its coaching search ahead of everyone else.

After I wrote this St. Louis's name popped into my head. Looks like he is coaching with the Columbus Blue Jackets
    St. Louis's kid wouldn't even commit to UVM. He's committed to Northeastern with Devon Levi who was a Cats commit at one point. Prob better for their development... I can't blame them.

Comment

After I wrote this St. Louis's name popped into my head. Looks like he is coaching with the Columbus Blue Jackets
      Hmmm, they have 12 guys listed under coaching on their website. Marty is not one of them.

Comment

Special Teams consultant according to Wikipedia. It is out of date:

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news...ts/c-309364914
        Last edited by j24vt; 01-27-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

If I was UVM's AD it is worth a phone call to St Louis to see how he and his wife would feel about raising their kids in the Burlington area...

Comment

They are going to wear out Hide Reply on the UVM hockey twitter feed. Saw that the thread was active and was hoping to find out Sneddon stepped down 'for medical reasons'
            I kinda feel bad for the poor interns that run the Twitter lol
            https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

If I was UVM's AD it is worth a phone call to St Louis to see how he and his wife would feel about raising their kids in the Burlington area...
              He and his family seem pretty entrenched in Connecticut, but who knows, it's certainly worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                I kinda feel bad for the poor interns that run the Twitter lol
                LOL! Trust me when I say this...we do NOT want Patrick as an interim..temporary..fill in when sick...or anything head coach, EVER. He would be a bigger disaster than Sneddon.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  He and his family seem pretty entrenched in Connecticut, but who knows, it's certainly worth a shot.
                  He wants to eventually coach in the NHL - what a great starting place for him. No downside. Turns it around - great. Can't turn it around can blame the damage done by Sneddon

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastguru View Post
                    LOL! Trust me when I say this...we do NOT want Patrick as an interim..temporary..fill in when sick...or anything head coach, EVER. He would be a bigger disaster than Sneddon.
                    I'm not sure it's possible to have a bigger disaster than Sneddon. I'd take Patrick as an interim right now, or even Mike Pence for that matter.

Comment

He wants to eventually coach in the NHL - what a great starting place for him. No downside. Turns it around - great. Can't turn it around can blame the damage done by Sneddon
                      Would really have to make sure he'd get a lot of money to find assistants that are going to help guide him along because even if it would be great to see it you can't just plug and play a guy who has very limited coaching experience if any into a role like this where you have to work hard and really grind it out. That is a big knock on Sneddon is that he was lazy and wouldn't go recruiting and didn't see kids until they got to campus and UVM can't have that anymore so that's why I don't see Marty being a viable choice at all. Best thing they could do is involve him in the search and listen to his input.

As for Kevin Patrick...agree want him nowhere near program he shouldn't even get an interview if Sneddon is canned. There should be a clean sweep and he's a huge part of the problem and there is no way he could have the respect of the players after what they have gone through this year.

There will be no shortage of good candidates. Can Schulman find the right one? That's TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastguru View Post
                        I know I meant the interns that run the Twitter account lol

and yeah I know Patrick ain't great
                        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Schulman said he values the following in the search for a new commissioner for Hockey East:

"Someone who is committed to creating a framework in which our men’s and women’s programs can compete at a national championship level without compromising academically."

I find this funny because he seems not to value these same characteristics for the person in charge of his own hockey program at UVM. We'll find out shortly just how committed he is to the idea of UVM competing on a national championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            Schulman said he values the following in the search for a new commissioner for Hockey East:

"Someone who is committed to creating a framework in which our men’s and women’s programs can compete at a national championship level without compromising academically."

I find this funny because he seems not to value these same characteristics for the person in charge of his own hockey program at UVM. We'll find out shortly just how committed he is to the idea of UVM competing on a national championship level.
                            of course not!
                            Meanwhile his coach is out there calling fans who are sick of his LOSING a bunch of nobodies! pathetic! I had this tweet sent to me from WpTZ https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1222608869651886087

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                              of course not!
                              Meanwhile his coach is out there calling fans who are sick of his LOSING a bunch of nobodies! pathetic! I had this tweet sent to me from WpTZ https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1222608869651886087
                              I agree, pathetic. No one’s taking shots at the players, we’re taking shots at him, and him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                                of course not!
                                The sound you hear is of a man who knows he's at the end because talk like that is usually the last resort for someone whose time is up.

Comment

Working...
                                X