• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

More rumors needed....

Comment

Word is Illinois to announce D1 program at any moment now.

I fear that immediately moves us to the second most desirable job currently available.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post

I fear that immediately moves us to the second most desirable job currently available.
        I don't know, I'm not too worried. There are plenty of good coaches to go around and UVM is still a very good job. I think we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post

That announcement has been "imminent" for about 5 years now...I wouldn't lose any sleep over it -- it certainly won't impact UVM's search. While it does appear they are serious about hockey at last check it was still wrangling with the municipality, and developer(s) just to hammer out the concept for an arena complex. Whatever they might announce now, they won't be fielding a team in 20-21 .
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Do you believe in miracles???

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Sneddon changed his mind; reversed his retirement announcement. Contract extend to 26/27 per sources.

Comment

Nice win!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I do now! Good win guys. It would have been awful to go the whole season without a league win. 3 points in last 2 games!

Comment

Very fast paced fun game to watch. Biggest differences I saw were the forwards driving to the net with the puck rather carrying it into the corner, more passes to players in open ice, and players passing while they were skating. Much better passing in general; passes instead of shooting the puck at each. And Lekkas was awesome.

Plus I got a new Vermont Hockey sweatshirt and UVM is undefeated when I wear it.

Comment

This shows how much of sports is mental and the relief of just playing the game frees up abilities. With both coaches and players having no pressure they upset the number 13 team not once but twice! The mental part of the game is also the main part of what coaches facilitate.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                        This shows how much of sports is mental and the relief of just playing the game frees up abilities. With both coaches and players having no pressure they upset the number 13 team not once but twice! The mental part of the game is also the main part of what coaches facilitate.
                        Something changed this weekend. It was up to the coaching staff to facilitate this at the beginning of the season, and they didn’t. Misley and Esposito specifically played to their respective expectations this weekend. I hope the next coach taps into the talent, skill, and work ethic these players have early next season.

Comment

Congrats UVM. We've had our ups & downs this year but no complaints from this NU fan. That is sports.
                          UVM hockey def has better days ahead; nice wknd.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Was great watching the players win battles for the puck. Congratulations on taking 4 points from a team that desperately needed them. Looking forward to next season and no longer sitting on 2x10s. Good luck to the seniors. Be nice to see Lekkas get added to the Stanley Cup some day. It has been fun watching him stand on his head to keep the team in games. I thought he should have been the 1st star last night.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey Catamount fans!! The UNH 'Cats unfortunately couldn't take advantage of UVM's four-point weekend and leap ahead of NU. In all likelihood, we'll be joining you in the off-season after next weekend, barring a miracle.

Kudos to Coach Sneddon, at least he can retire on a high note. A class act.
                              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                                Was great watching the players win battles for the puck. Congratulations on taking 4 points from a team that desperately needed them. Looking forward to next season and no longer sitting on 2x10s. Good luck to the seniors. Be nice to see Lekkas get added to the Stanley Cup some day. It has been fun watching him stand on his head to keep the team in games. I thought he should have been the 1st star last night.
                                One more year on the 2x10s. Renovations won’t be completed until 2021.

Good weekend. They shot better and won the battles in front of the net. Not a good team, but were snake-bitten a bit this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X