Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Interesting. I'm surprised to see St. Louis discussed as a possibility. I've never seen him discussed as a possible replacement, except by the UVM fans on this board. He's coached youth hockey and, of course, played under many talented coaches. How hard would it be to transfer that to a D1 head coach position? I don't know, I think it's certainly possible. I also think it would be a huge boon to recruiting. What young kid wouldn't be super impressed to have the legendary Martin St. Louis tell him "You're my guy. I want you, no check that, I need you at UVM!" It's a definite long shot, but it is an interesting possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Interesting. I'm surprised to see St. Louis discussed as a possibility. I've never seen him discussed as a possible replacement, except by the UVM fans on this board. He's coached youth hockey and, of course, played under many talented coaches. How hard would it be to transfer that to a D1 head coach position? I don't know, I think it's certainly possible. I also think it would be a huge boon to recruiting. What young kid wouldn't be super impressed to have the legendary Martin St. Louis tell him "You're my guy. I want you, no check that, I need you at UVM!" It's a definite long shot, but it is an interesting possibility.
      St Louis was doing some special teams consulting/coaching last year for the Columbus Blue Jackets

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Such a long shot, but we can dream. Recruiting would be instantly through the roof. St. Louis, with Torrey Mitchel and Peter Lenes assisting. I’d pay just to watch the practices.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
          Such a long shot, but we can dream. Recruiting would be instantly through the roof. St. Louis, with Torrey Mitchel and Peter Lenes assisting. I’d pay just to watch the practices.
          this worked out real well for Wisconsin

Comment

Get to watch Rolston coach tonight

Comment

Best game I've seen UVM play this season. Nice effort on the back check to slow down Providence. I thought Dzhioshvili should have gotten the first star. Dzhioshvili /Boyko/Bouquot is going to be a fun line to watch next year.

The defense stepped up big after losing Evers in the first period to an unfortunate circumstance. A Providence player fell as Evers was hitting him going into the corner. Left the game and was in a sling in the stands for the 3rd period. No way for Evers to pull up from hitting.

I hope they keep the Connolly jerseys for the rest of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Forgot one: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...rico-Blasi.php

https://www.miamistudent.net/article...-is-everything
                Last edited by j24vt; 02-14-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I am curious since you seem to be pushing Blasi's name a lot here is this based on anything? I don't see anything appealing in hiring him because he had one good season since 2013 and benefited a lot from the pre-NCHC era. Had a great run in CCHA but that was a long time ago and even if it was much better than Sneddon's run that's still someone living off accomplishments from 10 years ago like Sneddon did to keep his job for as long as he did. He would not be my first choice for the job and probably not my second or third personally.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                    Best game I've seen UVM play this season. Nice effort on the back check to slow down Providence. I thought Dzhioshvili should have gotten the first star. Dzhioshvili /Boyko/Bouquot is going to be a fun line to watch next year.

The defense stepped up big after losing Evers in the first period to an unfortunate circumstance. A Providence player fell as Evers was hitting him going into the corner. Left the game and was in a sling in the stands for the 3rd period. No way for Evers to pull up from hitting.

I hope they keep the Connolly jerseys for the rest of the season
                    What's the story with the Connolly jerseys? I saw that, but didn't hear the explanation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                      I am curious since you seem to be pushing Blasi's name a lot here is this based on anything? I don't see anything appealing in hiring him because he had one good season since 2013 and benefited a lot from the pre-NCHC era. Had a great run in CCHA but that was a long time ago and even if it was much better than Sneddon's run that's still someone living off accomplishments from 10 years ago like Sneddon did to keep his job for as long as he did. He would not be my first choice for the job and probably not my second or third personally.
                      Blast singlehandedly coast Miami the championship in 2015 by not taking a timeout. He explained his rationale. He was 100% wrong. He was never the same.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        What's the story with the Connolly jerseys? I saw that, but didn't hear the explanation for it.
                        https://vtdigger.org/2020/02/13/memorial-services-set-for-uvm-professor-declan-connolly/

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          Blast singlehandedly coast Miami the championship in 2015 by not taking a timeout. He explained his rationale. He was 100% wrong. He was never the same.
                          I think you meant 2009?

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            I think you meant 2009?

Sean
                            Yup.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                              I think Jamie Sifers would be great. He has so much experience, is incredibly inspirational and just and all around great guy. I do think having a UVM alum would be great. Maybe he and Torrey. They both live here! They have had many coaches so know what works.

Comment

Pavel Navrat as a Assistant Coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X