LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Seems the Lakers have put together the perfect storm. No goaltending , no defense,and no power play and that is a perfect storm for a hockey team .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      Seems the Lakers have put together the perfect storm. No goaltending , no defense,and no power play and that is a perfect storm for a hockey team .
      The Lakers are Florida and Hurricane Andrew has made landfall.

Comment

This season is already starting to prove that last season was a fluke . You will not get many fans showing up at games if this doesn't turn around. It will be one empty arena .
        This is bad. I liked what I saw earlier in the season playing Denver tough, and thought the Lakers would improve based on how close they played. But this team is incapable of keeping the puck out of their net. I kind of regret shelling out for the TV package because this stuff is not fun to watch at all right now.

Comment

Lakers have lost 10 straight road games dating back to last season. It sure was nice when the Lakers were almost unbeatable on the road.

Tough weekend but Bemidji State was picked to finish 3rd in the WCHA. They are great defensive team but no excuses for the Lakers giving up so many goals.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

They've given up 50 goals in 12 games which comes out to 4.17 goals per game against. That won't cut it. That has to be fixed or it will turn out to be a long season. The Goalies have to be better, the Defense has to play better, and the forwards have to provide better defensive support. The whole team has to be better defensively. We're 2 and 2 in league play so if the coaches can get the defensive deficiencies corrected soon, it can still be a decent season.

Comment

The defense was suppose to be the back bone of the team this year and all we have seen is a ton of goals given up by the defense. Does not help when you have both your goalies with goals against and save percentage so horrible that playing the freshman goalie might be the right move to make next weekend .

Comment

Has the coaching staff offered up any reasons to why the goal tending and defense and power play are so anemic ?

Comment

Lakers need to sweep Tech this weekend considering it will be very hard to win at Bowling Green next weekend.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Has the coaching staff offered up any reasons to why the goal tending and defense and power play are so anemic ?
                    Damon suggests a coaching change to fix the problems

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Damon suggests a coaching change to fix the problems
                      I would bring in a NHL coach .

Comment

So much for whatever changes Whitten was talking about. Already given up 2 goals in the 1st. Same old story.

Comment

The lakers are going to start losing fans and you cannot blame them. Just not much fun to watch .

Comment

The lakers are going to start losing fans and you cannot blame them. Just not much fun to watch .
                            You will have the up and then the waiting to return, look at Tech, Mel built, won, Joe won. Now building back!!!! You cannot expect a year like that with the change in personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              I really thought about leaving in the third. Boudon going out in the second period is concerning. I really hope tomorrow night is better, I know there are some injuries on defense, but wow, not sure how much more of this I care to watch.

Comment

Still too many defensive mistakes. Sounded like Damon didn't have any problems with Miten's play in net. It was the defensive play in front of him that evidently was the problem tonight. Nice that Niko got his first goal. Probably will see some lineup changes tomorrow night based upon Damon's post-game comments.

I think that if they can get an early goal or two and get the lead, it would take some pressure off their defensive play. They are falling behind in the first period in too many games and spending too much time playing catch up.

Comment

Working...
                                X