Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 355

Thread: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

  1. #141
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    The Lakers have received a new commitment from a D-man for next season:

    https://www.waterlooblackhawks.com/n...e/show/1066237

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Play the freshman goalie tomorrow. Does it matter who is in net .

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    This is embarrassing.

  4. #144
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,096
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    Play the freshman goalie tomorrow. Does it matter who is in net .
    Wouldn't surprise me to see it, if for no other reason than to try and shake things up.

    We haven't had a lead in the last 5 games. It would really help if we can get the first goal tomorrow night.

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    I wonder why Roman didn't make the trip? I think Damon hasnt given him a fair chance. Reminds me of Kevin Aldridge in Damon's first season.

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    You just have to love the Laker power play .Have they scored any goals with it yet this season .

  7. #147
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    8,273

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    You just have to love the Laker power play .Have they scored any goals with it yet this season .
    54th nationally, 5PPGF / 56 PPopps, 1 SHGA. It gets worse: Vermont is 1-for-33!

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  8. #148
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Half of their power play opportunities last night were cut short by the Lakers taking penalties of their own.

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Soo
    Posts
    1,839

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    It is becoming apparent that the program has one competitive season in every five years or so. This is not sustainable. Fan apathy is at an all time high. There just doesn't seem to be anything exciting about the team, the recruiting or even the league anymore. The team's play last night just drives another nail into the coffin. Hopefully there is a turn around soon but do Laker fan's even hope anymore????

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    277

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I wonder why Roman didn't make the trip? I think Damon hasnt given him a fair chance. Reminds me of Kevin Aldridge in Damon's first season.
    They gave Aldridge a period, I was at that game, he was completely outclassed in the time he was on the ice. Actually, according to Elite Prospects, he played in 4 games, had a 4.8 GAA and a .823 Save%.

    Roman, on the other hand, doesn't look to be much of a step up above Mitens. They play really similarly. Never having seen the freshman play, maybe the way they tend is different, thus is why he made the trip instead.


    Quote Originally Posted by jnacc View Post
    Hopefully there is a turn around soon but do Laker fan's even hope anymore????
    Of course we have hope, I think we have to. But theres only so many times that a team can be blown out, or, quote, "be the better team but run into a hot goalie".

    Hell, at this point, why not play around with the positions. You have forwards like Basicllico who don't score much, but certainly has his role, why not make him into a psuedo defenseman. He has a big body, long reach, and I'm sure would serve well. Roll with an extra forward because of it.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

    Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    I swear watching the Lakers you get the impression that the players have never played with each other before . Again, allow the freshman goalie to play tonight. The coaching staff drafted the kid, and so play him and let us see why he was drafted by Lake State .

  12. #152
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by jnacc View Post
    It is becoming apparent that the program has one competitive season in every five years or so. This is not sustainable. Fan apathy is at an all time high. There just doesn't seem to be anything exciting about the team, the recruiting or even the league anymore. The team's play last night just drives another nail into the coffin. Hopefully there is a turn around soon but do Laker fan's even hope anymore????
    When I walked into the Slate last night two buses were disgorging a bunch of Laker fans. Though there wasnít a lot for them to cheer about, the Lakers were well represented last night.

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    199

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    I still have hope. Last season really helped. It proved LSSU can still win 20+, can recruit players who can lead the NCAAs in goals, and can do nice things like win the GLI.

    Unfortunately this season has sucked giving up way too many goals, especially early in games. Itís frustrating, for sure, but I do think the worst days of this program are behind us despite how bad this year has been so far.

  14. #154
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Big win for the Lakers. They held an opponent to 1 goal. They won a tough road game. A split at BG is a very good result.

    I was gone this evening and didn't hear the game. Did it sound like they played pretty solid most of the game?

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Big win for the Lakers. They held an opponent to 1 goal. They won a tough road game. A split at BG is a very good result.

    I was gone this evening and didn't hear the game. Did it sound like they played pretty solid most of the game?
    I was at the game and I can say that the Lakers played physical and the effort tonight was fantastic. Mitens played about as well as he can and BG was definitely frustrated. Great win and great road fan presence!

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    199

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    It looked like there were a lot of Laker fans near where the glass broke last night. Great showing and finally a complete game by the Lakers.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,041

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    Good win and now they need to show they can play the way they did every weekend and if they can,they will climb back up in the standings .

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersparty View Post
    It looked like there were a lot of Laker fans near where the glass broke last night. Great showing and finally a complete game by the Lakers.
    Yeah that was us. About 15 people.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    The Laker players need to come out better
    prepared on Fridays.

  20. #160
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

    From the LHS, some good news. Jacob Nordqvist likely will be ready to play this weekend. Also, Brayden Gelsinger is making a lot faster progress than expected; he's skating again and apparently may be able to play before too much longer. It was first feared he would be out for the season, or at least until late in the season.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •