LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Notre Dame obviously has a lot of talent but I thought the Lakers stayed with them fairly well in terms of play. Mitens gave up a couple of shaky goals and we hit a couple of crossbars and that was the main difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Notre Dame obviously has a lot of talent but I thought the Lakers stayed with them fairly well in terms of play. Mitens gave up a couple of shaky goals and we hit a couple of crossbars and that was the main difference.
      I concur. Lakers up front played well enough to win, but Mitens had a night to forget.

Comment

Bengert gets the start in net this evening. Blueger and Esposito-Selivanov also in the lineup.

Comment

It has been a rough start for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            It has been a rough start for sure .
            Yeah, but aside from Merrimack it has been a very tough schedule. Denver is ranked 1st in the county (2nd when we played them), Notre Dame is ranked 5th, and playing at Michigan with their talent is never easy.

The team has to play better defensively, both D-men and forwards. I thought Notre Dame really exploited the weak side on offense. We didn't pay enough attention there. And their forwards had too easy of a time getting open in front of the net.

Comment

I am disappointed, but I still believe Lake State can finish top 3 in the WCHA.

Comment

At the beginning of the season I thought offensively we would struggle but defensively be strong. In actuality, the Lakers have been fine offensively but struggling defensively.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Yeah, but aside from Merrimack it has been a very tough schedule. Denver is ranked 1st in the county (2nd when we played them), Notre Dame is ranked 5th, and playing at Michigan with their talent is never easy.

The team has to play better defensively, both D-men and forwards. I thought Notre Dame really exploited the weak side on offense. We didn't pay enough attention there. And their forwards had too easy of a time getting open in front of the net.
                  I thought out of 6 games with Denver,Michigan,and Notre Dame,the Lakers would be able to pull out one victory if not 2 and that is what makes this worse then I thought it would be . The defense was suppose to be the backbone of the team this year and so far we have seen no backbone .

Comment

Does anyone know if Gelsinger will be out for the year due to his injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Does anyone know if Gelsinger will be out for the year due to his injury?
                      Damon has said a couple of times on the hockey show that they are awaiting more word about Gelsinger and his injury. My guess is that he's either out for the year, or he may be able to play late in the season if his recovery goes faster than expected. He could take a medical red shirt and come back next season but I don't know if he would do that, especially if he's getting his degree next Spring.

Comment

A little more on Gelsinger from the Laker Hockey Talk show this morning. Without talking about his specific injury, Damon said that they hoped to hear in a month to a month and a half whether Gelsinger will be able to play this season.

Comment

The lakers need two wins this weekend .

Comment

Ugh, I hope that second period doesn’t cost the Lakers. Hard to have success taking 4 penalties in a period.

Comment

5-4 OT win. It wasn’t pretty but I’ll take the win!

Comment

Nice to win but *** another 4 goals given up again. Doesn't help taking bone headed penalties as well. Lakers will be towards the bottom of the WCHA standings if they keep giving up so many goals.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X