LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
    I’m just one person of course, but I felt the Lakers were in the game all night. They were matching Denver that entire 2nd period except for the one rush they left the slot pass open which lead to a backdoor goal. Same thing early in the 3rd. The 3rd goal for DU was just a product of the Lakers trying to cheat up to generate a chance.

That was a great game to watch even though we didn’t win.
    The Lakers definitely were in the game outplaying DU in the 1st. In the 2nd I thought Denver really looked tough and it was impressive the Lakers almost got out of it not giving up a goal. They weathered it for over 17 minutes but finally broke down on the play that got DU’s goal. The 3rd could have gone either way. It was a good barometer to see where Laker Hockey stands, and I feel good about them.

Comment

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Also, I hate to complain but FloHockey’s producer was in the booth and he really should have realized audio was out for much of the 1st period. You could tell Crawford was irritated finding out about it right after he had praised Flo’s producer, which is when the audio came back. I don’t know if it’s an arena issue or Flo issue, but Crawford was put in a tough spot there.

Comment

Pretty sad to see the attendance was only 1,778 last night.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Crawford was in and out on the radio most of the first period so I would think it was on that end. I hope it is better tonight. Although, EVERY time he was raving about all the NHL draft picks on Denver, we heard that.
          Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
          Also, I hate to complain but FloHockey’s producer was in the booth and he really should have realized audio was out for much of the 1st period. You could tell Crawford was irritated finding out about it right after he had praised Flo’s producer, which is when the audio came back. I don’t know if it’s an arena issue or Flo issue, but Crawford was put in a tough spot there.

Comment

Attendance was pretty poor, but they were competing against the Sault High homecoming football game. I was very surprised that the LSSU pep band was not there last night.

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Pretty sad to see the attendance was only 1,778 last night.

Comment

Despite getting swept, the Lakers are a fun team to watch. There’s some talent at Lake State.

Comment

Despite getting swept, the Lakers are a fun team to watch. There’s some talent at Lake State.
                They definitely have talent. They really could have used Braden Gelsinger and his skating ability against a top team like Denver. Really bad break for the Lakers that he's injured.

Comment

Sucks the Lakers were swept but promising they were pretty competitive with Denver most of the weekend.

Comment

The Lakers are looking for their 50th win in program history against Michigan. Let’s go get it tonight.

Comment

The Lakers have had some good scoring chances and odd man rushes so far, very disappointing to be down 2-0 late in the 1st. Humitz came close to scoring hitting the post.

Also, Michigan's TV broadcast is very amateurish. They should be embarrassed by what they are putting out. No scoreboard on the screen, cutting off play to show graphics, a hundred shots of the band (and band director's hands), and leaving their mics on during media timeouts.

Comment

Another breakaway and Calder couldn't quite finish. LSSU really could have 3 goals already, and Michigan's second goal was really fluky. Really not playing bad at all, but bad luck tonight so far.

Comment

3-0 Michigan. Michigan's goalie Mann has played well, and it's just not going very well for the Lakers right now.

Comment

Also, Michigan's TV broadcast is very amateurish. They should be embarrassed by what they are putting out. No scoreboard on the screen, cutting off play to show graphics, a hundred shots of the band (and band director's hands), and leaving their mics on during media timeouts.
                            Sadly, that seems to be pretty common with watching college hockey. I remember watching a game against Omaha a couple of years ago where the mics were left on during the timeouts (which had some funny arguments about penalties.) I've heard BG's is student run, which explains the amateurish on their end; can't get good without experience. Maybe Michigan's is the same.
                            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                              Sadly, that seems to be pretty common with watching college hockey. I remember watching a game against Omaha a couple of years ago where the mics were left on during the timeouts (which had some funny arguments about penalties.) I've heard BG's is student run, which explains the amateurish on their end; can't get good without experience. Maybe Michigan's is the same.
                              I think the broadcast was the radio announcers paired with what was being shown on the big screen in the stadium

Comment

Reading these posts about other teams announcers makes me realize how lucky that we've had Bill Crawford for all these years.

Comment

Working...
                                X